15 losses and playing someone 18-1???

Jrbmore
450 posts An Exciting Prospect
Just lost to someone who was 18 -1. I'm having my worst wl of the year. Usually gold2 or 1. have 15 losses and playing someone with 1 loss. How???

Comments

• Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    File a formal complaint against EA, I'm not trolling you, this is real ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Ask them for your personal data, they should have your records saved, that way you can prove their matchmaking is trash
  • SuperSonicSean
    6190 posts Big Money Move
    Matchmaking makes no sense. Last week I was in your boat and finished Silver 1 because I kept playing insanely good players. This week I'm 9-2 so far and have been playing average players. There should be more consistency and transparency in the matchmaking.
  • Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    I commented yesterday I was 1 win from7 games and played a guy who was 11-0 wtf
  • Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    Fletch wrote: »
    Stop quitting games so you're at your true ELO
    It’s been said by ea that even quiting games or playing games the full 90 mins has the same effect as why if your been banged 4-0 in 20 mins would ea want u to continue

• n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    WL matchmaking has been all over the shop this weekend. In my 3rd game (which is meant to be one of the first 5 ranking games) I played a guy who was already on 15 wins!!
  • CarpeDiem
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    There is a number of factors in matchmaking.

By looking at the champs channel every week you can see that games are based on

Location + Form (as told by EA)

But also Games played seems to be a factor because every time you come across a weird matchup on the champs channel they've usually played around the same amount of games.

You played someone 18-1 and I bet when you matched them you had played around 19 games yourself?
  • Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    WL matchmaking has been all over the shop this weekend. In my 3rd game (which is meant to be one of the first 5 ranking games) I played a guy who was already on 15 wins!!
    I do believe in your first 5 games u really can play anyone but as soon as you finish your first 5 that’s when true match making kicks in !! Yeah right ea 😂

• Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Simsbadger wrote: »
    It’s been said by ea that even quiting games or playing games the full 90 mins has the same effect as why if your been banged 4-0 in 20 mins would ea want u to continue
    So coincidentally not only myself, but top players get easy game after easy game when a RQ occurs, but that games gradually get harder when the full game is played out over and over?

It's a known fact that pros aim for RQ wins as the chances of them matching a fellow pro who has played out all the games is drastically lower.
  • Ash2442
    333 posts Sunday League Hero

This makes zero sense

• Whoman
    6051 posts Big Money Move
    Ash2442 wrote: »

This makes zero sense
    Ash2442 wrote: »

This makes zero sense

No idea if true, but why wouldnt it 'make sense' for Quits and disconnects not counting towards your form ? Rewards players finishing games.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Match making Is just like everything else in the game completely broken

Yea u have silver players getting smashed by top 100 and elite 1/2 players and they should just sit through that in a supposedly evenly balanced game
  • Skysports1
    63 posts Park Captain
    I'm convinced they do it to make you buy more packs.
  • The_Reptilian
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was 10-0 last weekend and I got my 11th win comfortably.

The guy messaged me asking my record and I told him I was now 11-0 and he replied he was 12 wins, 14 losses.

It really doesn’t make any sense. I benefited completely from the matchmaking in this situation however this weekend I’m playing god squads and pros. The matchmaking is dreadful.
  • Poolstu123
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    I finished 6-1 on Friday, played 3 last night once servers came back and got hammered in each game.
    After the third game against an amazing team (pims everywhere) I gave him a ‘gg, nice team, what’s your record mate?’ As this guy destroyed me (I’m reg gold 1/2) and he was 12-0? Before that game I was 6-3?
    Although I actually enjoyed the game and the test against a much better player this isn’t matchmaking, this is random BS
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Poolstu123 wrote: »
    I finished 6-1 on Friday, played 3 last night once servers came back and got hammered in each game.
    After the third game against an amazing team (pims everywhere) I gave him a ‘gg, nice team, what’s your record mate?’ As this guy destroyed me (I’m reg gold 1/2) and he was 12-0? Before that game I was 6-3?
    Although I actually enjoyed the game and the test against a much better player this isn’t matchmaking, this is random BS

Isn’t there supposed to be a 10 or 15 win swing? So you’re plus 3 and he’s plus 12. Leaves it 9 different.
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up
    Nodge86 wrote: »

Isn’t there supposed to be a 10 or 15 win swing? So you’re plus 3 and he’s plus 12. Leaves it 9 different.

Is that not ridiculous though? A 15 swing means someone with 3 wins can play someone with 18. Or 12 with 27. Not really matchmaking is it?
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Jobiwan wrote: »

Is that not ridiculous though? A 15 swing means someone with 3 wins can play someone with 18. Or 12 with 27. Not really matchmaking is it?

Agreed. I think a certain number of games should be played against players that finished your rank. Maybe even a small percentage against a rank higher. Maybe 10/5/15 games. Last being ‘open’ or current system.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    There was a game in the highligts section last week were a player with a 24-0 record played a guy with 12-12. Thats beyong ridiculous! The poor 12-12 guy fighting for Gold 3, maybe Gold 2 and the other one is a Top 100 finisher.
  • Queens11
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    There was a game in the highligts section last week were a player with a 24-0 record played a guy with 12-12. Thats beyong ridiculous! The poor 12-12 guy fighting for Gold 3, maybe Gold 2 and the other one is a Top 100 finisher.

Game is a joke yet people still defend ea
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Queens11 wrote: »

I don't see many people defend them, what I do see a lot of is people hating the game yet still putting themselves through it.
  • AznSW
    1792 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can someone explain how to check the record of the opponents you played?

I look at the champions channel but all i see are the featured replays and top 100 leaderboard.

How can I check my own record?
  • Queens11
    edited March 2020

I don't see many people defend them, what I do see a lot of is people hating the game yet still putting themselves through it.

3 games on Friday 3 wins just thought to myself u know what I can’t be assed this is pure crap gameplay I just turned it off and hasn’t been on since
    Gameplay is broken in so many ways the ai engine just can’t handle it with massive momentum swings in gameplay it’s horrible to play
  • Poolstu123
    790 posts Semi-Pro

You maybe right @Nodge86 i suppose our biggest problem and the fact EA can match anyone with anyone is down to transparency?
    Correct me if I’m wrong but we’ve never been given a true guideline on the science behind it?
    If you’re -1 or +1 you should play your rank, Anything over +15 should all be thrown together.
    The way it is leaves us open to anything and kind of makes sense that you will always finish where you finish no matter what ... because that’s how the code the matchmaking?
    In theory if you average say 15 wins (50/50) we should have weekends where we hit 20 (when playing well) and some finishing at 10 (playing poorly) but it’s never the case, you’re always finishing the same every week?
  • Orison
    73022 posts Icon

Both played 24 games. Few posts above @CarpeDiem explained all that stuff so I'm currently wondering why you are still questioning it :trollface:

Yes the matchmaking system isn't great, but the entire WL system isn't great. You can't have people play opponents on their level all the time unless the rankings are skillpoint based like in rivals and not win based like in WL.
  • Ash2442

This tbh, I used to be like that but now I hardly ever play. The game isn’t enjoyable so I’ll play something that is
  • Ash2442
    Orison wrote: »

Both played 24 games. Few posts above @CarpeDiem explained all that stuff so I'm currently wondering why you are still questioning it :trollface:

Yes the matchmaking system isn't great, but the entire WL system isn't great. You can't have people play opponents on their level all the time unless the rankings are skillpoint based like in rivals and not win based like in WL.

They clearly aren’t win based either though. The matchmaking is random at best
  • SortIToutEA
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Match making works out on past 5 games such as this.

you Win one game you are +1

You win 3 game and then lose one you are +2

It only counts last 5 games nothing before...….

So if you are 2-15 and then win 5 games in a row to 7-15 you will then match the +5 players meaning the best of the best so yea even if you have a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ total in wins if you go on winning runs you match better players.
  • SortIToutEA
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The best is +5 and worst is 0 on the scale
  • Decee
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    AznSW wrote: »
    Can someone explain how to check the record of the opponents you played?

I look at the champions channel but all i see are the featured replays and top 100 leaderboard.

How can I check my own record?

I'm baffled by this. I had someone message me last week, they knew exactly how many wins i had and what division I am in. How is it possible to find that out?