The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Are Man Utd guaranteed a title challenge next season?

RichieDaSavage
1747 posts Play-Off Hero
edited July 2015
The reason I ask this question is because a lot of fans expect their team to have a better season once they sign the right players for certain positions.

If that was the case Man City/Real Madrid would win their leagues every season and be perfect.

Comments

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    If Man Utd do not improve how they play as a team going forward next year, then all these signings probably wont matter. Also, the team needs to improve defensively from front to back.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Nothing is guaranteed and it's hard to transform a team that disappointed in the last two years into title winners, but anything but a title challenge this year would be a huge disappointement.

And the BPL has proven in the past that sometimes money is all you need to win the title, so it won't be a huge surprise.

• ReusKrispies
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    We will challenge for sure, Chelsea better watch their back! Or bus
  • istancfc
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2015
    No, LVG is over rated. Destroyed Barca, destroyed Bayern, and now Man United.

Talk about Chelsea's bus all you want but they were also one of the top scorers of the league last term too so get over it.

It's also funny how the "bought the league" jibes are now hush hush.. As you guys are spending more than Chelsea and City combined. £100m bid for Bale yesterday lol.
  • oneilmatt
    954 posts An Exciting Prospect
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Newcastle
    5. Everton
    6. Spurs
    7. United
  • Kman
    3153 posts National Call-Up
    oneilmatt wrote: »
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Newcastle
    5. Everton
    6. Spurs
    7. United

Yeah so that's not going to happen...

• istancfc
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Newcastle
    5. Everton
    6. Spurs
    7. United

Arsenal? Thats the one thing we all know is guaranteed to be false.
  • Cheddardunn
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    istancfc wrote: »
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Newcastle
    5. Everton
    6. Spurs
    7. United

Arsenal? Thats the one thing we all know is guaranteed to be false.

Newcastle fourth!? Are you on drugs?
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    We will challenge for sure, Chelsea better watch their back! Or bus
    Lol, even I'm a Man Utd fan and know without the team playing well together then might even end up finishing 4th or even injuries could mess or season up again. The same goes for Man City,Chelsea and Arsenal.
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    probably a centre back and another midfielder away from seriously challenging
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero

Talk about Chelsea's bus all you want but they were also one of the top scorers of the league last term too so get over it.

It's also funny how the "bought the league" jibes are now hush hush.. As you guys are spending more than Chelsea and City combined. £100m bid for Bale yesterday lol.

Lol, why are so bitter bro? Yes, they where top one of the top scorers but with the players you lot have to create chances, that was expected. And you cannot call LVG over rated when you're probably a nerd, who never played football unless it was P.E.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Newcastle
    5. Everton
    6. Spurs
    7. United

1.Chelsea
    2. City
    3. Arsenal
    4. United
    5. Liverpool
    6. Spurs
    7. Southampton

• istancfc

Lol, why are so bitter bro? Yes, they where top one of the top scorers but with the players you lot have to create chances, that was expected. And you cannot call LVG over rated when you're probably a nerd, who never played football unless it was P.E.

Excuse me?
    Can I ask why I was just personally attacked?

Not that it's any of your damn buisness, or that it's relevant to play football to have knownledge on football but I have a sports science degree and I played for Wimbledon and Peterborough United youths under Barry Fry.

I didn't enjoy playing anymore was more interested in getting plastered on the weekend to take football seriously, I now play for my local power league. So FO.

I am now a personal trainer by professional kid.
    Need to me to name some managers who didn't play football? Such as Avram Grant? Wenger played for his local team I beleve.

My statement on LVG is based soley on FACTS, FACTS my friend.
  • GiveMeKoke
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    no, people were saying the same thing last season after ADM and Falcao signings. Buying players in all positions (already 3 players that will go straight into the first XI) never really solves deep lying issues within a team.
  • Cheddardunn
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Newcastle
    5. Everton
    6. Spurs
    7. United

Newcastle fourth!? are you on drugs?
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

Excuse me?

Not that it's any of your damn buisness, or that it's relevant to play football to have knownledge on football but I have a sports science degree and I played for Wimbledon and Peterborough United youths under Barry Fry.

I didn't enjoy playing anymore was more interested in getting plastered on the weekend to take football seriously, I now play for my local power league. So FO.

Need to me to name some managers who didn't play football? Such as Avram Grant? Wenger played for his local team I beleve.

Stating that he destoyed Bayern, Barca and United isn't FACTS, it's opinion. He almost won the treble with Bayern and despite being unsuccessful the second year he was the one who brought Robben and promoted Muller and changed Schweinsteiger position.

You also can't say he detroyed United after coming to a broken club after Moyes' failure.

His main problem is people skills. Had success in some clubs and failed in others but he did things not many managers did like win the title with AZ and lead a very dull Netherlands to the 3rd place in WC.
  • Craggus
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not until they sort out that defense.
  • A Gamer
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    GiveMeKoke wrote: »
    no, people were saying the same thing last season after ADM and Falcao signings. Buying players in all positions (already 3 players that will go straight into the first XI) never really solves deep lying issues within a team.

I fully agree here. You can't buy half of a new starting squad and expect it to gel immediately.

They signed Depay, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, and potentially Schneiderlin, a new striker, a new CB, and a new GK. These are potentially 7 new players who would walk in to the starting XI which is about 64% of the whole Starting XI. There's also a chance some of these signings could flop. Depay is already being called the "New Ronaldo" when he hasn't even played a single premier league game yet and he has to step up from the Dutch league. Even Di Maria who was stunning at his last Madrid season flopped, so there's no guarantee Depay or any of the new signings will perform in the pitch.

Also agree with @istancfc about LVG. He is an average manager and there is no guarantee he could win the title but then who knows and anything could happen. The same manager who almost got Barcelona relegated. These same United fans defending him right now were asking to sack him after his horrible start last season reaching 14th place and the 4-0 humiliation to MK Dons. Many times last season, United were clueless about what to do and the only option was to play the longball to the likes of Fellaini. Also, home losses to the likes of Swansea, Saints, and especially West Brom, LVG didnt know what to do at all.

And also last season, United barely had extra games compared to Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City because they had no European football and had relatively early eliminations to MK Dons and Arsenal. This year there are more games so we'll see how easy it is to reach 4th place.

I honestly couldn't care less if United win the league or not because I know Arsenal won't win it so it depends on Chelsea, City or United. I do expect United to be much stronger in the second stage of the league due to players playing with each other for a while if Injuries don't happen.
  • Jonny
    6331 posts Big Money Move
    We dropped 10 points from our 1st 5 games, we recovered well and in LVG's first season, finished 4th. Looking at the way established cubs finished we can only get better.

City are pretty much on borrowed time, I'd be surprised if they finished top 4 next season. Arsenal and Chelsea will remain strong. Can see the title chase being a fight between United and Chelsea, with Arsenal a close third and Liverpool and City fighting for forth.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rumplefish wrote: »

Excuse me?

Stating that he destoyed Bayern, Barca and United isn't FACTS, it's opinion. He almost won the treble with Bayern and despite being unsuccessful the second year he was the one who brought Robben and promoted Muller and changed Schweinsteiger position.

You also can't say he detroyed United after coming to a broken club after Moyes' failure.

His main problem is people skills. Had success in some clubs and failed in others but he did things not many managers did like win the title with AZ and lead a very dull Netherlands to the 3rd place in WC.
    This. I don't know why so many people are so one sided. He's had a lot of good moments and a quite a few bad moments throughout his career but he's still won a lot of trophies.

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    If Lvg was average, then half the managers in a professional football in Europe would have won the Ucl. :D
  • WellWornBeast
    2147 posts Fans' Favourite
    Imagine Arsenal winning the league :D:D:D
  • WombRaider
    17045 posts World Class
    No. They'll be the same as last season. You put potentially 7 new players into a starting 11 and expect them to gel? Urmm ok.

United will be average for the first 10 games, have a great middle part of the season. Average end as Schweinsteiger and co pick up silly injuries :joy:

@WellWornBeast

Why is it funny if we have the squad :joy::joy: ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

• istancfc

Excuse me?

Maybe destroyed was a little bit exaggerated, however they were not successfull tentures either. He did sign Robben and move Schweinsteiger inside yes, but he also had the reverse effect at Barca, by moving Rivaldo outside and then releasing him.

Both times he were sacked those elite clubs were waaaaay off where they should be.

And IMO Moyes wasn't given enough time.. filling SIF's boots was always going to be tough.
    It was Fellaini, Mata and Herrera last season who impressed me most from United first two were Moyes guys, even though Fellaini is a dirty bar steward.

• Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

Excuse me?

Maybe destroyed was a little bit exaggerated, however they were not successfull tentures either. He did sign Robben and move Schweinsteiger inside yes, but he also had the reverse effect at Barca, by moving Rivaldo outside and then releasing him.

Both times he were sacked those elite clubs were waaaaay off where they should be.

And IMO Moyes wasn't given enough time.. filling SIF's boots was always going to be tough.
    It was Fellaini, Mata and Herrera last season who impressed me most from United first two were Moyes guys, even though Fellaini is a dirty bar steward.

I think his people skills is what hurt him in both Bayern and Barca, he likes being the strongest man in the club and it's much more difficult at big clubs. He's a great tactician but a hard man to work with. No argument that he failed in Barca and in the second season at Bayern, just felt that saying he "destoryed" was a bit of an exaggeration.

Moyes was bound to fail, it was obvious that united will have a tough season after SIF left and Moyes was unfortunate enough to be the one to suffer.

IMO united will have a good season this year, and will finish top 3. It all depends on how many points they lose at the beginning of the season because it'll take the team some time to gel.

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero

Excuse me?

Lol, you just said LVG destroyed Manchester Unites but Moyes didn't get enough time? :D You trolls just never learn, smh.
  • Hussein
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No , they said the same thing last year when they signed falcao di maria and blind and herera and rojo
  • Keano16
    680 posts Sunday League Hero
    They need a striker badly
  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    Not unless they sign a striker
  • FCB-Bastos
    2413 posts Fans' Favourite
    City and Real Madrid challenged for the title, didn't they ... ?