[Known issue] ISP Specific - FUT Crashing

Comments

• what3v3r
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PhilP wrote: »
    PaulDr wrote: »
    Here's a question for those with the technical knowledge, what would cause an issue to be ISP specific - a hacker or technical fault. Would it be wise to change passwords?

technical. fifa is trying to load content that VM (and some other isps) cannot reach (maybe routing issues or something else), Its not available and the game crashes.

I'd like to add that this is caused by poor programming, an application should not crash because it cannot reach a resource, even simple applications have error handler or fallback mechanisms
  • madmarman40
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    spam rb /rb2 it works soon as you try go to objectives menu it crashes
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite

why not disable the affected content (bottom right) until its resolved?
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    spam rb /rb2 it works soon as you try go to objectives menu it crashes

you can get to your objectives by pressing l3/r3. just the store and fut central is broke.
  • spam rb /rb2 it works soon as you try go to objectives menu it crashes

Tried this again - it does work. Hopefully at least be able to get a game now
  • madmarman40
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 28
    RE-
    FIFA Direct Communication

@EAFIFADirect

Hey folks, we're seeing that a specific ISP is currently causing unexpected behavior in FUT.

We're looking into contacting the ISP to see if we can help with the situation.

It's your update at fault, It's just coincidental its affecting virgin users .other isp are doing the same .

• possibly fixed - i can login and navigate the tabs in FUT including FUT central - im on virgin media
  • Dutch3723
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So I reinstalled all of fifa, what a hassle. Don’t know if it was that or it’s fixed but seems to be ok now
  • Dutch3723 wrote: »
    So I reinstalled all of fifa, what a hassle. Don’t know if it was that or it’s fixed but seems to be ok now

you didnt need to reinstall! time it took to redownload they fixed it
  • pekkaa88
    6612 posts Big Money Move
    PhilP wrote: »

why not disable the affected content (bottom right) until its resolved?

Im getting the error too.. And not on virgin
  • Still not fixed on virgin
  • Tanner878787
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is it fixed yet?
  • not fixed yet.
  • sparky123
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still not fixed on Virgin........
  • Dutch3723
    daveys1313 wrote: »
    Dutch3723 wrote: »

you didnt need to reinstall! time it took to redownload they fixed it

Maybe , but other seems not to be able to play and I am 👍

• RA22Y
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA need to fix their own mess instead of blaming ISPs. The problem is in the content released at 6pm.
  • RA22Y
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    Carterw wrote: »
    Still not fixed on virgin

You just need to get off the objectives screen before the faulty content tries to load up, then don't go back into that screen until EA sort out their error.
  • Batman442
    4859 posts Big Money Move
    You pay for cheap internet you get cheap weak internet. Virgin media are probably the worst provider there is. But who am I to complain, probably a WL extension for everyone 👍
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still needs to be fixed. WL needs to be extended.
  • Tanner878787
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Seems to be fixed.
  • Dutch3723
    I’m playing ok now, a lot of the payer background cards (seems and flashback) seem to have been greyed out with content not found on them? Check out some special cards
  • JH7x
    76 posts Park Captain
    WL Extension please @EA_Roger
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    JH7x wrote: »
    WL Extension please @EA_Roger

Agreed. It’s been down for 3 and a half hours.
  • still not fixed.
  • Jeeeeez
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still not fixed for me either
  • PaulDr
    1298 posts Professional
    "Looking into contacting" virgin is a terribly vague expression.
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    Have you guys tried turning your firewalls off? I got told the content EA have uploaded may be seen as dangerous for your ISP, and your ISP is blocking it. Maybe they want to spy on you or something, but seriously, try that.
  • Headshrinker363
    5822 posts Big Money Move
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    I've confirmed with the FIFA team that it seems to be a Virgin specific issue, thanks for the additional information.

As always, blame someone else. It’s never EA’s fault.
  • mundopaz69
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 28
    With the amount of money this company is making, others find cures for deadly diseases, make innovations that ensure the future of living things, create art that influence generations to do good for decades to come, yet these jokers cant get any part right of a video game. What an immensive waste this company is.
  • Stehpool
    51 posts Park Captain
    Still not working crashes same error code defo something you uploaded that caused this pro clubs works fine.