85s at 4k - WTF is going on?

MHoney1234
10339 posts Has That Special Something
edited February 2020
@EA_Roger how can EA let 85 cards get to 4k. It’s disgusting. Can we have some feedback on what they plan to do to prop the market up. Why would EA want packs to be worthless?

Anyone else remember 85s being this low?

B006606-B-311-A-4-E39-AE2-A-85-E45-C348714.jpg

Comments

• MHoney1234
    edited February 2020
  • Delboy13710
    10187 posts Has That Special Something
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    @EA_Roger how can EA let 85 cards get to 4k. It’s disgusting. Can we have some feedback on what they plan to do to prop the market up. Why would EA want packs to be worthless?

When they dropped World Cup mode a few years back that was the Ultimate crash
  • MHoney1234

They never went near 4k even then.
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2020
    They have finally reached their goals, the only way to have good players now is buying more and more packs hoping you someday finally pack an icon or you pack 9999999999 players you can then sell for 2k each.

ffs they made SBC rewards all untradeable.

Their goal has been reached, all kinds of traders have been screwed, not only the top traders. Real question is....will the community stop buying fifa points?
  • ZeFeZ
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    That's the issue now, most players have got their squad going.

But for them to upgrade to the next player is likely a million plus upgrade, which with the market so low is nearly impossible to even upgrade your squad.

Unless you pack actually a card that goes for 500k plus, but that's nearly impossible.
  • Delboy13710

I picked a Pogba up for 12k pretty sure everything was pretty low .

But this is because there’s no Content the fact I’m sitting here thinking to do overpriced POTM Neymar says it all
  • MHoney1234
    Dave2791 wrote: »
    They have finally reached their goals, the only way to have good players now is buying more and more packs hoping you someday finally pack an icon or you pack 9999999999 players you can then sell for 2k each.

Their goal has been reached, all kinds of traders have been screwed, not only the top traders. Real question is....will the community stop buying fifa points?

I think the fact that the last three promos lightning rounds haven’t got close to selling out means maybe the community are already turning away. Game is dying. I can’t ever remember a Fifa being this bad collectively
  • MHoney1234

But this is because there’s no Content the fact I’m sitting here thinking to do overpriced POTM Neymar says it all

Prove me wrong mate. I looked at a graph for Pjanic who was fodder and he never went below 10k
  • They Caged Non
    6541 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t mind, 88 Pires is 150k
  • Delboy13710

Prove me wrong mate. I looked at a graph for Pjanic who was fodder and he never went below 10k

Fair enough in my defence I said Pretty sure 😂

• Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero

No content? There has been ton of content, just not the right kind of content, they know exactly what they're doing, they release crappy players who are very overpriced and they know basically no one will do them, the good players they do release are soooooo expensive only a low percent of players will even attempt doing them, this way SBC fodder will never raise in price, and they have everything under control.

Just look at azpilicueta, great face stats to try and trick a few Chelsea fans in getting him, but you take a deeper look at those stats and you know he's useless and expensive
  • Impressive Tackle
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why do you assume they want to prop the market up at all?

Also why do you care what a bunch of 84/85 rated cards that no one is using in their team are valued at?
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dave2791 wrote: »

I think the fact that the last three promos lightning rounds haven’t got close to selling out means maybe the community are already turning away. Game is dying. I can’t ever remember a Fifa being this bad collectively

Let's hope so, people seriously need to wake up. No other gaming company treats their customers like this, nothing is rewarding at all unless you spend thousands
  • They Caged Non

OT but wonder if Ajax fans sing that Rihanna song to him.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up

Also why do you care what a bunch of 84/85 rated cards that no one is using in their team are valued at?

Because these are 84 and 85 rated cards you will commonly pack. But they have no value.

No value to sell and no good sbcs to put them.in

• Impressive Tackle
    Ballist1x wrote: »

Because these are 84 and 85 rated cards you will commonly pack. But they have no value.

So the problem is with the quality of SBCs on offer? Why not just say that? What has the price of these cards got to do with that?

• SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020

Must be a PS4 thing, then. On Xbox in FIFA 18, 86 Pjanic hit 5.3k and 85 Pjanic hit 3.8k.

I don't think EA even care if packs are worthless. They know the majority of people who are pumping FIFA Points in are doing so in response to the advertising of the latest promo. Not only that, but when they don't pack a promo card and are done running through the 12k FIFA Points they bought, they can't even afford the mid-range promo cards because what they did pack had no market value.

They probably have data that shows people are dumb enough to then keep loading up points until they get what they want.
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m desperate to spend hundreds of pounds on Fifa points but all these dupe untradeable walkouts (from the regular upgrade sbc’s they release) are stopping me from being able to open packs.

Why are ea missing out on alll this money that people like me are desperate to spend @EA_Roger , I just wanna ant to pack a shapeshifter but they won’t let me.

• EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something

So the problem is with the quality of SBCs on offer? Why not just say that? What has the price of these cards got to do with that?

Better SBC = 84,85,86,... cards in demand = higher price when you pack them = rewarding feeling when getting a Suarez or Cavani or someone like them that actually has some value
  • Lfc23
    3417 posts National Call-Up
    If you don’t mind going unassigned and waiting it out could make yeself some big coin profit for tots if something big drops before then maybe icon sbc

• EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    Got two 85 Onana for 1.8 and 2.1 on open bid. And a 85 UCL Onana for 2.2 :smile:
  • Impressive Tackle
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    If you don’t mind going unassigned and waiting it out could make yeself some big coin profit for tots if something big drops before then maybe icon sbc

I think the potential for a mid icon SBC is dead now.

Icon Swaps 3 is starting in like 2 weeks which will probably offer a Prime pack.
  • Rezamoh33
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect

This guy is popping up in every pack I click on! Look how many of him is on the market!
  • Paulopudasso
    1533 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2020
    Your better off buying Leon Bailey or sane he's absolute crap
  • grogans_heroes
    2491 posts Fans' Favourite
    People complaining about low priced cards? Man, what a shame....
  • They Caged Non
    Your better off buying Leon Bailey or sane he's absolute crap

I needed chem for Acuna, he was my budget, although I could stretch to 220k now so may be able to grab someone else.
  • Impressive Tackle
    EisenErmin wrote: »

Better SBC = 84,85,86,... cards in demand = higher price when you pack them = rewarding feeling when getting a Suarez or Cavani or someone like them that actually has some value

So say a decent SBC is added and the likes of Cavani and Suarez go up 10k, if you pack one are you really going to feel any more “rewarded”?

I think the only people who really care about the prices of this fodder are those who are invested and they should just be up front about that.
  • MHoney1234

EisenErmin wrote: »

So say a decent SBC is added and the likes of Cavani and Suarez go up 10k, if you pack one are you really going to feel any more “rewarded”?

I think the only people who really care about the prices of this fodder are those who are invested and they should just be up front about that.

If you need this explaining then this convo isn’t for you. Higher end cards should not be pack only. Should be a viable route to trade to them if you’re removing the SBCs.
    Lfc23 wrote: »

Only a matter of time before EA fix this
  • MHoney1234
    edited February 2020
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Must be a PS4 thing, then. On Xbox in FIFA 18, 86 Pjanic hit 5.3k and 85 Pjanic hit 3.8k.

I don't think EA even care if packs are worthless. They know the majority of people who are pumping FIFA Points in are doing so in response to the advertising of the latest promo. Not only that, but when they don't pack a promo card and are done running through the 12k FIFA Points they bought, they can't even afford the mid-range promo cards because what they did pack had no market value.

They probably have data that shows people are dumb enough to then keep loading up points until they get what they want.

That aside, it was also July when the game was near over and this is still Feb.
  • Dinksy
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2020
    Lopes was around 5-6k for the first 2 months.

Onana just has literally the worst links.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems most of the forum is just complaining about the price of fodder now as you all invested for the mid icon SBC a few weeks back, based off a hunch. You're not owed easy profit.