What Ultimate Team division are you in?

LordVader
101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Ugh, I was coasting in Div 9 at 3W, 1D, 2L needing one draw for promotion and conceded a last minute injury time goal to lose a great game 5-4 then I proceeded to lose three in a row last night so I am stuck in Div 9 again! I am just not very good at playing this game and I'm really struggling to get any better. I might have to go offline for a while and just go through all the training tutorials and try to find some Switch specific YouTube videos.

Comments

• ChappellRovers
    3075 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 26
    Just stick with it i was in Div 1 this weekend now I am in Div 3. Lots of people go up and down all the time. I have the exact same crisis.

You’ll get better if you stick with it. I played 4-3-2-1 for a month and got so much better at defending just because its an attacking formation.
  • LordVader
    I did change the formation to 4-3-1-2 at your suggestion and that is when I won those 3 games. I think I scored 11 goals in the process, but sometimes I just come against someone so much better than me who just seems to pass to players in space all the time, with fantastic lob through passes and 1-2s and I can't get near them and I get smashed. I can tell after 30 seconds of playing if it is one of those players and unfortunately I had two of those last night. The other game I played like an idiot and was a very winnable game. Zaha must have missed five clear cut chances I'd expect him to bury.

I've finding Pepe is pretty useless. He just can't keep the ball and gets muscled out all the time. Subbing him at half time for Ineki WIlliams makes a big difference but I can't get Williams in my team due to Chemistry, I may have try and work on that. Having Williams and Costa in our other team seems so much stronger, players just bounce of them especially Costa. Kane finishes well when he gets a chance, but he is so slow he can't outrun anyone.

But ultimately I control these players and that's the main problem at the moment!
  • Prettyfly
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m div 9 got relegated to 10 a few days ago as players just couldn’t pass etc anyway checked the control settings and they had all altered to random 💩 no idea how so stuck them all back to standard and since then I’m back in div 9 and pushing for promotion to 8. Do the promotion coins rewards get better the higher up the leagues you go?
  • LordVader
    If you are interested let's have a game. I can send my code.
  • ChappellRovers
    3075 posts National Call-Up
    You’ll get better if you
    LordVader wrote: »
    I did change the formation to 4-3-1-2 at your suggestion and that is when I won those 3 games. I think I scored 11 goals in the process, but sometimes I just come against someone so much better than me who just seems to pass to players in space all the time, with fantastic lob through passes and 1-2s and I can't get near them and I get smashed. I can tell after 30 seconds of playing if it is one of those players and unfortunately I had two of those last night. The other game I played like an idiot and was a very winnable game. Zaha must have missed five clear cut chances I'd expect him to bury.

I've finding Pepe is pretty useless. He just can't keep the ball and gets muscled out all the time. Subbing him at half time for Ineki WIlliams makes a big difference but I can't get Williams in my team due to Chemistry, I may have try and work on that. Having Williams and Costa in our other team seems so much stronger, players just bounce of them especially Costa. Kane finishes well when he gets a chance, but he is so slow he can't outrun anyone.

But ultimately I control these players and that's the main problem at the moment!

Pepe’s probably a bit weak for the 4-3-2-1. There aren’t many strong PL wingers unfortunately. Keep with it you get better by playing people who are better than you if that makes sense.
    Prettyfly wrote: »
    I’m div 9 got relegated to 10 a few days ago as players just couldn’t pass etc anyway checked the control settings and they had all altered to random 💩 no idea how so stuck them all back to standard and since then I’m back in div 9 and pushing for promotion to 8. Do the promotion coins rewards get better the higher up the leagues you go?

Yeah for winning div 1 online i believe you get 17,000 coins but I cannot remember the exact figure. For winning single player div 1 you get 11,000 coins. So both go up quite a bit as you progress.
  • LordVader
    Actually I moved from 4-3-2-1 to 4-3-3(4) as Anderson and Pepe didn't seem to get forward as much. I am still trying to find what works best for me.
    I try and see what people are doing against me. I need to learn how to get my players in space when attacking.
  • Prettyfly
    Up to division 8 now slowly getting there
  • LordVader

Well played. I am taking a break from online to do some SBCs and some tutorials.
  • Prettyfly
    I’ll be honest I tried the formations your working with and just didn’t feel right so a lot of it is trial and error I’m running 3412 now and finding it seems to work better for me still lose matches here and there but after altering the controls and new formation it’s much better
  • LordVader
    Thanks, may have to try that. I changed around to 4-1-2-1-2 last night. Didn't play with it yet but I can get two strikers in and keep my wingers with Zaha as a CAM.
  • Division 3/4 right now. I’m pretty average so I don't have much advice besides to try to make sure your player’s strengths matchup with the formation you choose. Try to go deeper than payer ratings on the card. I also notice on the switch that when I have gone through long losing streaks my player instructions and custom tactics have somehow been reset. It has happened twice this year and it must be some bug they haven’t squashed yet.
  • Prettyfly
    Yeah there is bug within game had all my control settings gone to manual when I’d not touched them and couldn’t pass or shoot etc so switched them back and can actually play properly. Also had instance on free kick whereby player would just not move to take it game completely locked up so had to turn off machine and take a loss
  • LordVader

If you'd like a game, let me know. We may be able to learn something.
  • Prettyfly
    Yeah fine with me dunno what time I’m on later tho
  • LordVader
    I'm on the US East Coast. I normally log on around 9-930pm.
  • Prettyfly
    Uk here so 5 hours ahead so at that time I’ll be zzzzz
  • Prettyfly
    Managed to now get into div 7 last night
  • LordVader
    Managed to now get into div 7 last night

Nice! I just started online again last week and won my first 3 in Div 9 so should be in 8 shortly.
  • LordVader
    I don't seem to be able to add attachment but my first two wins this season may have had my opponent throwing his controller out of the window. Which would frustrate you the most to lose?

Both games were evenly matched squads so no team advantage either way.

Game 1:
    An enjoyable game between two evenly matched players. My opponent goes up 2-1 on 78 mins. As the clock ticks to 90', I equalize in the 89th minute, I then score again in the 90th min with the final kick of the game seconds later to win 3-2!

Game 2:
    My opponent was more skillful than me by far. I scored early against the run of play. He then proceeded to have wave after wave of attack but I managed to win 1-0 despite losing shot count 16 to 2 and shots on target 10 to 1 with heroic defending.

• Prettyfly
    It happens I had similar totally battered opponents and they get 3 shots to my 20 and score all 3 just bull 💩 at times thankfully switch version isn’t anywhere near as bad as Xbox version for this