Toxic community

BluenoseDave72
158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Now I know not everyone is toxic within the FIFA community but there is a minority within the population that really do take it to a whole new level.

Monday morning, no work for the day because of snow here so I load up FIFA looking to play a few games just to pass a few hours.

First game in(20 minutes in game play that is) and I've turned it off already.....why?

Guy constantly ran down the line with neymar into the box, straight to the line for a cut back and tap in. Failed after a few times but eventually got there. Standard way of playing but this guy scored and immediately ran around the pitch doing the shushing celebration right up until the scene cut to the replay where he proceeded to watch the full entire thing also.

Second goal, exact same thing with celebration and replay

I paused the game and quit out because that was enough for me already

Question is, can this not be taken out of the game. When do you ever see a player on a football field running around the pitch after scoring with his head down shushing the ground.....you don't!

Watching every replay and cut scene I can stomach but these celebrations, they got to be removed if this community is to become less poison and toxic in my eyes.

I sent the guy a quick message just asking why and the reply i got back was, buen partido noob in spanish(Good game noob) so that sums up why this community is a complete and utter mess when their is things like the above within the game

Comments

• Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Just turn your messages to friends only, it will save you having to complain to Sony/Microsoft (if xbox) and/or EA. Though he didn’t break any rules there, it will save you a lot of issues in the future
  • Neal1982
    1249 posts Professional
    Simple, matey is trying to trigger you into quitting. That's why so many players exploit every mechanic early. It gasses their players... but if you can hang in their you can pick them off later in the game. Normally causing them to quit.
    Apparently if you double bumper through the replay and celebration its disrespectful to.. basically, you cant win!
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Neal1982 wrote: »
    Apparently if you double bumper through the replay and celebration its disrespectful to..!

Said no one ever but you
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Who says your opponent has to play how you want them to?

It's up to you to counter their cheap tactics.

I don't understand this mentality.
  • BluenoseDave72

I haven't said anything about an opponents playstyle?
  • Zartugames
    83 posts Park Captain
    I see a lot of guys like that, especially the ones with goat teams. And they manage to score some goals due to the fact tgst I'm better second half. The other day one guy did that to me and after 45 min he was 3 0,but in min 70 was 3 3 and then he quit on me - with no loss glich (WL) . I also never shush him or stayed too long on the goal replay, just kept my focus and ignored the rest.

Other guy sent me a message after winning 2 1 against him (I think was tge same thing, first half he had 1 0 and then I won 2 1) "you are such a noob" and bla bla so I've turned the dm to friends only (that's sad coz in other games this is a nice feature).

As when I get pissed by the comportament from people that they buy with money their team and still do annoying things, I just waste their time with replies, breaks and possession.
  • McSwigan
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4 goals with full replays and cut scenes is easily 2 minutes of wasted time. Could get in 7 games in the time it takes to play 6 of people weren’t classless jerks. I usually send a message saying I won’t quit.
  • maccag
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah it's a real shame that we as a community have to suffer what the minority deem acceptable.
    I have made some friends after messaging them and saying gg etc but on the flip side I have seen some horrendous things that has been sent to myself which I have reported.
    I think you know your going to get abuse when you see their squad name when its offensive but somehow EA deem it ok as it's been the way it's been spelt.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    I skip, but I don't get bothered if others don't because it's just some pixels on a screen and there are bigger things going on in the world.

It's no like he came and slapped a sandwich out of my hands in the middle of the street, that's worth getting mad over!
  • LoPo9
    1228 posts Professional
    To me, this seems like an easy fix. Give everybody 10 seconds after a goal. They can hush all 10 seconds, do their celebration, watch the replay or watch the player walking back. Simply hit a button to proceed from celebration to replay and replay to player walking. But pretty much, they get to pick one of the 3 things.

Watching all 3 is infuriating and unnecessary. Give people the option of watching (making the opponent watch) something but not all 3.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    I skip, but I don't get bothered if others don't because it's just some pixels on a screen and there are bigger things going on in the world.

It's no like he came and slapped a sandwich out of my hands in the middle of the street, that's worth getting mad over!

I totally agree in principle and when I am calm, collected and feeling fresh, all is good and I am serene about it.

However, those snotty little replays can drive me a bit mad after a while and when an opponent who sits deep with overload ball side and does nothing all game, before pouncing to grab the winner with a fast break counter starts running around the pitch with his finger to his lips, I must admit that I do feel like crying just a little bit :)
  • Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite

How many times do i have to say I'm sorry. I thought i saw a fly on it! Let it go man
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020

Errr, yeah, that's exactly what you did.

Weren't you paying attention when you typed your own thread?

You complained about him running down the line constantly, doing cut backs for easy tap ins...you even sent him a message asking him why.

Your entire argument is based on your disappointment/disapproval of how your opponent was playing the game.

Then you tell me you "haven't said anything about an opponents play style".

I mean, ok, you seemed more annoyed about his celebration, and how it shouldn't be in the game etc...but it is how he chose to play, which is his choice and not yours.

It's a celebration...in a video game...and you are letting it bother you...really?

Life doesn't always do what you want it to, does it?

So, play through it and don't be so melodramatic.
  • BluenoseDave72

You complained about him running down the line constantly, doing cut backs for easy tap ins...you even sent him a message asking him why.

Your entire argument is based on your disappointment/disapproval of how your opponent was playing the game.

I mean, ok, you seemed more annoyed about his celebration, and how it shouldn't be in the game etc...but it is how he chose to play, which is his choice and not yours.

It's a celebration...in a video game...and you are letting it bother you...really?

You just changed your mind within 2 sentences. You said I complained about his style of play and that my argument is based around on how he plays then you actually came to sense and realized that I was highlighting how toxic this moron was with his celebration and watching every cut scene.

Sorry but it is a standard way of playing and sorry that i didn't mention that his gameplay isn't what annoyed me!

I sent him a message asking why the celebration and not about his game play.

It seems as if you only read whatever suits your eyes then start an argument without actually reading the entire thing. You then re-read it and realized that I was indeed highlighting how toxic this guy was with his celebrations and tried to work your way out of looking like a fool

Now i'll say it again, how someone play's doesn't bother me. If it did I would have complained a lot more highlighting how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is when someone just runs down the line for cut backs but I didn't. I said it was a standard way just going through how the first 20 minutes(in game) panned out before moving on to the actual problem
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    The problem is ea are saying that its o.k for kids to do the shush celebration and teaching them it's normal.
    But there is good news .
    There has to be a moment when a kid will do this celebration during a school football match . And I would love to see all the parents faces .
    That would just be classic.
  • Dazzler
    2162 posts Fans' Favourite

You just changed your mind within 2 sentences. You said I complained about his style of play and that my argument is based around on how he plays then you actually came to sense and realized that I was highlighting how toxic this moron was with his celebration and watching every cut scene.

Sorry but it is a standard way of playing and sorry that i didn't mention that his gameplay isn't what annoyed me!

I sent him a message asking why the celebration and not about his game play.

It seems as if you only read whatever suits your eyes then start an argument without actually reading the entire thing. You then re-read it and realized that I was indeed highlighting how toxic this guy was with his celebrations and tried to work your way out of looking like a fool

Now i'll say it again, how someone play's doesn't bother me. If it did I would have complained a lot more highlighting how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is when someone just runs down the line for cut backs but I didn't. I said it was a standard way just going through how the first 20 minutes(in game) panned out before moving on to the actual problem

So what you trying to say???
  • Seandimes
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    There was the option to skip the opponents replays at the beginning of 18, but they quickly took it out after lots of people complained. I agree, taking this stuff out of the game would make the game a lot more enjoyable for everyone. But people like their replays and celebrations for whatever reason.

As it is you got two options.

1. Stop getting bothered by whatever the opponent does to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with you. You know why they are doing it, so there's no reason to give them what they want. Easier said than done, but its just a matter of practice.

2. Just quit games where the opponent clearly tries to annoy you. Rivals ranking isn't really important after all.

Both options will improve your fifa experience a lot
  • Jpo41
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    unxius wrote: »
    The problem is ea are saying that its o.k for kids to do the shush celebration and teaching them it's normal.
    But there is good news .
    There has to be a moment when a kid will do this celebration during a school football match . And I would love to see all the parents faces .
    That would just be classic.

I doubt the people that do stuff like that in the game play sports..............