FIFA 21 - New Generic Stadiums

1
Futbol22
1131 posts Professional
edited February 23
Adding newly designed generic stadiums to FIFA 21 is a necessity as the current generic stadiums are severely outdated when compared with the authentic licensed stadiums.

Because the generic stadiums are so outdated and significantly less detailed (than the licensed stadiums) there is an obvious drop in visual quality when playing in these stadiums. This drop in visual quality reduces the level of immersion especially when playing a game mode that has a mixture of authentic licensed stadiums and generics. The generic stadiums also do not have the personality that licensed stadiums have and that is to be expected however a lot more can be done to offset that from a design/detail POV.

Adding to the above, high profile clubs such as FC Bayern München and FC Barcelona do not have their authentic licensed stadiums in FIFA 20, therefore, a generic stadium must be used instead. The problem with using the current generic stadiums for these high profile clubs is that none of stadiums are remotely similar to their real life counterparts and the level of detail is so “generic and sterile” that any realism is lost. These issues don’t just apply to FC Bayern München and FC Barcelona, but too all clubs in game that do not have authentic licensed stadiums.

At the very least clubs like FC Bayern München and FC Barcelona should have generic stadiums that at least can compare in design and detail to the authentic licensed stadiums currently in-game.

From this in FIFA 19:

32723766727_4360076b0a_b.jpg

to this in FIFA 20:

Fifa20__9_.jpg

The issues highlighted above are going to become increasingly more apparent as various licensed competitions and leagues are added to future FIFA’s, an example being the Copa Libertadores.

Ultimately with the next-gen consoles soon upon us the current generic stadiumsshould be removed and replaced with options that are more compatible with the amazing authentic stadiums that are currently in game. With the aim of creating smooth transitions between generic and licensed stadiums when playing.

EA please do something new and remove these tired out of date lifeless stadiums for something new and refreshing!


Waldstadion:

176.png

Stadion Europa:

147.png

Comments

  • Grahammbe2
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I couldn't careless if we play on a sunday league park pitch if the game is improved first.
    The best it maybe on ps4 but I no longer enjoy it.
    So graphics dont matter anymore to me
  • DIXON THFC
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    The game is so broken in so many ways, I can understand your issue but the very foundations of this game need to be overhauled... we've been playing the same version of FIFA for 3 years at least and it's progressively gotten worse.
  • Howler19
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's definitely time for updates here. The importance of the generics can't be overstated for career mode players. It's great that we have around a hundred stadiums and that we will get more in the future, but that's still only a few percent of all clubs in the game. Over 95 % of the clubs in FIFA play in generic stadiums so they should make them look good and there should be a good variety.
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    Howler19 wrote: »
    It's definitely time for updates here. The importance of the generics can't be overstated for career mode players. It's great that we have around a hundred stadiums and that we will get more in the future, but that's still only a few percent of all clubs in the game. Over 95 % of the clubs in FIFA play in generic stadiums so they should make them look good and there should be a good variety.

    100% EA investing in creating numerous quality generics that have the same level of detail as authentic stadiums will go along away for teams and leagues that aren’t fully licensed.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    It shouldn't be hard to update & port over this to Fifa 21 for use in Edit Stadium & Career Mode integration:

  • MikeM24
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The technology is certainly there for a decent stadium creator - I suspect the issue is a legal one around licencing. I fully agree that we need a rethink and far more options for generic stadia however.

    See below from Big Ant Studios' AO Tennis for a truly great stadium creator.

  • Tom0307
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES had to remove their stadium creator after PES 2013 so I assume it's a licencing thing that means EA never bothered in FIFA
  • Chriswhiteisright
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You should be able to create your own stadium from pitch up, capacity, how steep the stands are the whole 9 yards also club badge
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    The technology is certainly there for a decent stadium creator - I suspect the issue is a legal one around licencing. I fully agree that we need a rethink and far more options for generic stadia however.

    See below from Big Ant Studios' AO Tennis for a truly great stadium creator.


    100% no reason why EA can’t implement something like this in FIFA 21 especially with the next-gen coming out.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    The technology is certainly there for a decent stadium creator - I suspect the issue is a legal one around licencing. I fully agree that we need a rethink and far more options for generic stadia however.

    See below from Big Ant Studios' AO Tennis for a truly great stadium creator.


    100% no reason why EA can’t implement something like this in FIFA 21 especially with the next-gen coming out.

    They have it already:

  • RexAnglo1066
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    I swear you could make your own stadiums in older Fifa games...I'm not imagining it, am I?
  • MikeM24
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    PES had to remove their stadium creator after PES 2013 so I assume it's a licencing thing that means EA never bothered in FIFA

    That's the only thing I can think of. Although I can't see the issue in having a stadium creator - it would be great if someone could finally clarify the issue as this has been a question being asked for a long time.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    I swear you could make your own stadiums in older Fifa games...I'm not imagining it, am I?

    See my post above you, lol..
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    PES had to remove their stadium creator after PES 2013 so I assume it's a licencing thing that means EA never bothered in FIFA

    That's the only thing I can think of. Although I can't see the issue in having a stadium creator - it would be great if someone could finally clarify the issue as this has been a question being asked for a long time.

    PES had to remove their stadium creator as EA bought Konami out of their FULL La Liga treatment, including being able to recreate them (create a stadium). This started the whole licenses war which eventually seen EA lose Nou Camp, Allianz Arena, Allianz Stadium AND Juventus!! Nearly losing Man Utd too but luckily they already had the PL license to be able to include their stadium and star heads..

    So well done EA...
  • SL7777
    16 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 16
    Stadium creator is a must feature for Fifa 21. Sad thing is thay had it in their previous games, and it was actually pretty pretty good.
    Gameplay will always be step in good direction then 2 steps back. No help with that as they dont listen and always trying to balance something for FUT...and it's not working, and it never will.

    Good idea would be to compensate that with new features. Copa is a nice addition but it's not enough. Game is bored because it's the same game for years. There is nothing new and interesting to see or do.
    Option to build your own stadium would open new options as every club in career mode could become potentially fun to play with.
    Option to have MLS expansion team where you start from zero. No stadium, no team and you have to build it from ground up... that stuff is exciting atm, maybe even more then playing matches itself.
    If something exciting is happening in the world of football it should be in the game.

    I don't know...we wrote few nice wishlists over the years here, sadly it seems nobodoy from EA is listening to their comunity.

    To make gameplay perfect is not easy, I can give them some slack there. Ignoring loyal fans and not adding totally doable features...just cant wrap my head around it.

    Btw their other games like NHL hockey and NFL have this features already (create a team and stadium). So where is the problem?
  • MikeM24
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SL7777 wrote: »


    Btw their other games like NHL hockey and NFL have this features already (create a team and stadium). So where is the problem?

    I suspect that because those licences are with a single league, that the contracts are different and that the leagues are happy to allow creation of new teams. FIFA in essence is a single licence, but then there are varying other licence agreements that EA negotiate, such as with the Premier League, and La Liga etc.
  • SL7777
    16 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 17
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    SL7777 wrote: »


    Btw their other games like NHL hockey and NFL have this features already (create a team and stadium). So where is the problem?

    I suspect that because those licences are with a single league, that the contracts are different and that the leagues are happy to allow creation of new teams. FIFA in essence is a single licence, but then there are varying other licence agreements that EA negotiate, such as with the Premier League, and La Liga etc.

    Possible. I wouldn't make that option so you can change and edit real stadiums, like Emirates for example. But I can't see why we can't build when playing with Salford on a generic stadium?

    Sometimes they can't do stuff...like ppl saying atmosphere in Copa Libertadores is no good for lacking flares...but flares are banned so EA probably can't put it in the game. Makes sense. Editing logos and kits, same thing.
    But not being able to edit Town Park, can't see why. Except that it would be fun, and fun offline gameplay puts people off playing FUT.

    Btw it would be interesting to see how 2K deals with licencing with their editor. They let community create what ever they want and share with each other. Not sure how that works but it would be perfect in Fifa.
  • Ajaxamsterdam
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    edited March 20
    Generic stadiums have so much potential. Not a fan of fut but EA could even implement custom stadiums in to that mode as well.

    Ultimately it’s time to bin the current generics
  • MikeM24
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SL7777 wrote: »
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    SL7777 wrote: »


    Btw their other games like NHL hockey and NFL have this features already (create a team and stadium). So where is the problem?


    Btw it would be interesting to see how 2K deals with licencing with their editor. They let community create what ever they want and share with each other. Not sure how that works but it would be perfect in Fifa.

    Again that comes down to a single licence / contract - the NHL, NBA and WWE obviously are happy to allow their assets to be edited freely. I suspect that footballers' image rights are far less accommodating.
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    edited April 9
    Hopefully EA make some new generic stadiums for FIFA 21.

    Can’t see any justification why stadiums can’t be made for Bayern and Barcelona. To lose both official stadiums and replace them with last-gen looking stadiums is horrible on EA’s part.

    The ridiculous Sanderson Park with blue asphalt looks ridiculous for Bayern Munich + the crowd size is too small. None of the other generic stadiums are any better and when playing CM with Bayern in the Bundesliga the authentic stadiums make Sanderson park look like a joke
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    Another terrible generic stadium is the Stadion Europa that is bizarrely chosen to host the UEFA Supercup. It’s so poorly rendered that it looks like dirt surrounds the pitch

    A1970-stadioneuropa.jpg
  • Stugg93
    76 posts Park Captain
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Another terrible generic stadium is the Stadion Europa that is bizarrely chosen to host the UEFA Supercup. It’s so poorly rendered that it looks like dirt surrounds the pitch

    A1970-stadioneuropa.jpg

    I hate playing at the Stadion Europa, the shadows are terrible in sunny conditions! Plus the stadium doesn’t really look like any stadium I’ve seen.

    Totally agree that this should be one that needs redoing but I think almost all generic stadiums need a makeover. I will defend the Estadio El Medio and the Stadium 23 Maj generics, which I do think genuinely look like real stadiums

  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Another terrible generic stadium is the Stadion Europa that is bizarrely chosen to host the UEFA Supercup. It’s so poorly rendered that it looks like dirt surrounds the pitch

    A1970-stadioneuropa.jpg

    I hate playing at the Stadion Europa, the shadows are terrible in sunny conditions! Plus the stadium doesn’t really look like any stadium I’ve seen.

    Totally agree that this should be one that needs redoing but I think almost all generic stadiums need a makeover. I will defend the Estadio El Medio and the Stadium 23 Maj generics, which I do think genuinely look like real stadiums

    100% agree - there are a few generics that are decent, but the using the generics for Bayern and Barca is terrible.

    A lot of potential for EA to make amazing generics
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    The fact that the same generic stadiums have been in the game for 10+ years shows just how stale they’ve become and how poor they look



    New generics should have been created when the current-gen consoles were first released
  • ClioRS
    88 posts Park Captain
    EA on some aspects knows of old .. we are in the third millennium .. wake up EA
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    Anyone finding stadium graphics in general are looking really outdated? Played a game in flurries condition and it looked like ps2
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    edited May 1
    With the new consoles coming out and ray tracing being a big feature I still don’t think that will help the generic stadiums that have been in the game since PS3

    Ideal time to make new generic stadiums as there’s been no new generics in 5 years
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    not a lot of hope EA will introduce new generics stadiums in FIFA 21, but it would really make a difference considering Bayern and Barca do not have unique stadiums
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    Really looking forward to seeing the quality of stadiums on next gen — just not the generic ones.

    Time for EA to remove all the generics and make new ones. It another underdeveloped game mode
  • Futbol22
    1131 posts Professional
    Anyone think EA will finally make new generic stadiums. Lifeless generics can’t go on to next gen consoles
Sign In or Register to comment.