SAVE THE MARKET! Release the mid icon SBC.

MHoney1234
10339 posts Has That Special Something
The last three promos have seen lightning rounds fall to sell out. The market is on its knees.

You’d currently need to get FIVE (+) 87 rated cards to break even. How is this even viable? No value in cards = no packs opened. It’s that simple. Desirable SBCs at fair prices = more packs opened to get coins. Neymar was priced at the same price as the tradable version.

People want an icon SBC, put value back in the market, stop the greed and give people something to grind in the menus,

Comments

• Boabdust
    5218 posts Big Money Move
    And more league SBC
  • Brustring1893
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mid icon is overdue for quite some time now. Tbh they should actually drop prime sbc rather now. Still desperately hoping for those PIM icon SBCs but we all know how this will end.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2375 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agreed
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't drop anything at all regarding icons, only way you can pack them is buying fifa points, it seems like that's their new thing
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    At this stage the mid icon sbc is pointless. They should just drop a prime or PIM sbc, that would get the market going.
  • CarlF
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    The market's dead. The game's dead. Such a mess their insatiable greed has made of FIFA 20. It's like EA have decided to eat themselves to death.
  • DannySTFC
    9239 posts League Winner
    Mid icon SBC is pretty much all I’m waiting for at the moment. Pop the app on every day around 6pm and see it’s not there then turn it off again. I have 1.2m coins plus a few untradable ready to pump into it, I don’t want stupid stuff like shapeshifters Olaza, I just want the icon SBC, everyday it doesn’t come out is another day I’m not finding anything worthwhile to use my coins on.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Mid icon SBC is pretty much all I’m waiting for at the moment. Pop the app on every day around 6pm and see it’s not there then turn it off again. I have 1.2m coins plus a few untradable ready to pump into it, I don’t want stupid stuff like shapeshifters Olaza, I just want the icon SBC, everyday it doesn’t come out is another day I’m not finding anything worthwhile to use my coins on.

Apart from the obvious mid icons that are expensive, you could probably buy 2 or 3 decent ones with those coins. Rolling the dice on that SBC will surely just be filled with regret.
  • Yangster1984
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    CarlF wrote: »
    The market's dead. The game's dead. Such a mess their insatiable greed has made of FIFA 20. It's like EA have decided to eat themselves to death.

Really? EA eat themselves to death? Even if LRs don't sell out EA earn by sheer quantity by having it every week. Even if market and game dead, EA still earn the bucks every week. Only when FIFA 21 comes round and no one is buying the game then it will hurt them big time. If not it will be the same complaints year on year in forum only
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    You mean save the unassigned glitch fodder investors :-)
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    FaFiFa wrote: »

With prices as low as they are, only a fool wouldn't use the unassigned glitch... are you a fool?
  • CarlF
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    CarlF wrote: »

Really? EA eat themselves to death? Even if LRs don't sell out EA earn by sheer quantity by having it every week. Even if market and game dead, EA still earn the bucks every week. Only when FIFA 21 comes round and no one is buying the game then it will hurt them big time. If not it will be the same complaints year on year in forum only

My analogy, in all its clumsiness, was portraying how their greed has killed their game.
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move

Take your 1.2 into high rateds. Lacazette will cover mid icon and possible pogba sbc’s
  • BeefyRabouter
    6577 posts Big Money Move

Let's be honest, this is inviting people to do so. Packs are useless, might aswell hoard cards right?
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero

With prices as low as they are, only a fool wouldn't use the unassigned glitch... are you a fool?

With this attitude,I have no doubt that you will have a very happy and successful life.Keep going
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

With this attitude,I have no doubt that you will have a very happy and successful life.Keep going

I mean I was being a little tongue in cheek... but my life is happy and successful thanks.
  • BeefyRabouter

I mean I was being a little tongue in cheek... but my life is happy and successful thanks.

Trading could be a little better though atm ;)
  • Hammer316
    3992 posts National Call-Up
    It's starting to look really irrelevant now with primes dropping in price. Mid icon sbc might not even raise.prices by much. If they drop a prime sbc it would be a madness though and a good move for both EA and the players.
  • BeefyRabouter
    Hammer316 wrote: »
    It's starting to look really irrelevant now with primes dropping in price. Mid icon sbc might not even raise.prices by much. If they drop a prime sbc it would be a madness though and a good move for both EA and the players.

Which is why we'll get a mid icon sbc that barely moves the market I guess. I wonder whats going to happen with the Conmebol DLC coming start of March. Is it going to finish off a dying market like with the WC addon in Fifa 18?
  • Ispeakthetruth
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    😴😴😴😴
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    mArKeT iS a LiViNg OrGaNiSm ThAt CaN’t Be HeLd HoStAgE.

:'(

Apart from the obvious mid icons that are expensive, you could probably buy 2 or 3 decent ones with those coins. Rolling the dice on that SBC will surely just be filled with regret.

Maybe but at least it adds something to grind towards and dump untradables in.

No offence, but of course a mid icon boosts the market.
  • BeefyRabouter
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    mArKeT iS a LiViNg OrGaNiSm ThAt CaN’t Be HeLd HoStAgE.

This does tick me off. Last year it was our fault for some reason the PIM SBC's were too expensive to release. Before that we got told the market was a living organism, while EA time and time again influences the market by either putting cards onto it, or withholding content for no apparent reason.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    There is a ridiculous amount of people loaded with fodder at this point.

Of course I hope everyone makes good coins, because it's the only way to improve your team.
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    They wont release it because they know everyones ready for it now after the baby SBC . If no one said anything it wouldve been released weeks ago .
    Same reason we haven't had an good sbc worth around 400k or another player tab SBC or new league SBC. Well we all know who to thank . For crippling the market .
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    If you look at one of the trailers promoting fifa 20 .
    It clearly says " play the transfer market "
    And then they get unset for for playing it , so they crippling it .
  • BeefyRabouter
    unxius wrote: »
    They wont release it because they know everyones ready for it now after the baby SBC . If no one said anything it wouldve been released weeks ago .
    Same reason we haven't had an good sbc worth around 400k or another player tab SBC or new league SBC. Well we all know who to thank . For crippling the market .

You mean EA is to thank for crippling the market? They pull the trigger on whether to release SBCs or not. We've had the Players tab. EA Released 2 players within a 10-day timespan and did zilch afterwards.
  • Hammer316
    3992 posts National Call-Up
    No offence taken mhoney. My point was it won't be the boom that the baby sbc brought about as I don't think people will be as interested.
  • BeefyRabouter
    No offence taken mhoney. My point was it won't be the boom that the baby sbc brought about as I don't think people will be as interested.

I think you underestimate a large portion of the community. People still grind hours on end for a baby Ronaldinho or an Essien that's around 1.2 milion on the market.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    Qualifiers next week so I don't expect the SBC to come soon.