Offensive team names

I enjoy people being creative with team names as much as the next man, but I find teams name around missing children somewhat distasteful, ie. Madeleine Milan. Why would you call your team after a miising young girl??? Is it an attempt at humour?? There is nothing funny about the topic.

Perhaps it is just me...

Comments

• Clemster wrote: »
    I enjoy people being creative with team names as much as the next man, but I find teams name around missing children somewhat distasteful, ie. Madeleine Milan. Why would you call your team after a miising young girl??? Is it an attempt at humour?? There is nothing funny about the topic.

Perhaps it is just me...

Stay away from Frankie Boyle then mate you will be super offended
  • BadSeedsFC
    3098 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    No man, it's not just you. I made a couple of threads about this concern. The only thing that you can do is report the team name during the exact match. But that doesn't assure that EA is going to do something about it.

There are other forum users that has raised his voice about this subject. But, at the same time, there are a lot of brainless kids who listen to trap music and somehow dig this kind of sick behavior.

The only thing we can do is report the name during the exact match 🤷‍♂️

Also, you can expect some disrespectful answers here as well. It's in the game ☹️
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts EA Community Manager
    Wegonaget wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »

Perhaps it is just me...

You are free to like whatever sense of humor you want but if it's not appropriate, we don't want it on any of our platforms. So stay away from that sort of sense of humor here or you will be super sanctionable :smile:
  • RA22Y
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lots of 'Inter Yer....' followed by some family member floating around.
  • RA22Y
    Best one I ever saw was 'Nice ASSE' which was actually made up of players from those two Ligue 1 teams. Now, that is commitment to a team name.
  • People unfortunately have sick sense of humours
  • They Caged Non
    6546 posts Big Money Move
    Its peoples obsession with sex offenders that worries me the most... i know they are probably just 13/14yr old boys who think its hilarious but should they really have such a mindless view about what is essentially a sick perversion?
  • RA22Y
    People unfortunately have sick sense of humours

There needs to be some sensible rules though. Stopping people being creative within reason is not a good thing.

I also worry, who decides what is and isn't okay??
  • RA22Y wrote: »
    People unfortunately have sick sense of humours

There needs to be some sensible rules though. Stopping people being creative within reason is not a good thing.

I also worry, who decides what is and isn't okay??

I guess they can only filter out a certain amount of stuff, think you can report a name? I'm not sure.
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I got flamed for raising this and accused of being offended by everything. I still report them all.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t see many offensive teams but I have spotted a trend lately. In the last week I have played teams with these names:

Two Girls One Schulpp
    2 Girls 1 Klopp
    Two Gurls One FA Cup
    Two Scholes One Cup
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Had some ISIS related ones yesterday, some people are just ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    Who cares it just a name. Some people are just sad, just ignore them and go on with your day.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up

Perhaps it is just me...

Quite right.

Just report them after the game (that is what I do).

Some people really think that coming up with these 'witty' names is a stroke of genius.

Just sad :(

• tommyboyo
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    No man, it's not just you. I made a couple of threads about this concern. The only thing that you can do is report the team name during the exact match. But that doesn't assure that EA is going to do something about it.

There are other forum users that has raised his voice about this subject. But, at the same time, there are a lot of brainless kids who listen to trap music and somehow dig this kind of sick behavior.

Also, you can expect some disrespectful answers here as well. It's in the game ☹️

It's something that we are actively combating and I'll even say that we are trying to make a push for this more lately as we want to combat toxicity like this. I was even approached recently by our ToS team to dig up pro clubs player names that were inappropriate so they could work on the reporting system. If you come across anything appropriate you can DM me for now. I don't want these inappropriate names floating around on the forum. Thanks for flagging though, appreciate the concerns on this. Seeing people who care about this means a lot.

Great - a small step, but anything that can reduce some of the toxicity around the in game experience is much appreciated :)
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Wegonaget wrote: »

Perhaps it is just me...

Would you let your 6 year old child watch Frankie Boyle?
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2213 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played “Savilles under 11” a few days ago. Nothing to do with different sense of humor, permaban worthy if you ask me.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

It's something that we are actively combating and I'll even say that we are trying to make a push for this more lately as we want to combat toxicity like this. I was even approached recently by our ToS team to dig up pro clubs player names that were inappropriate so they could work on the reporting system. If you come across anything appropriate you can DM me for now. I don't want these inappropriate names floating around on the forum. Thanks for flagging though, appreciate the concerns on this. Seeing people who care about this means a lot.

@EA_Roger have you played Pro clubs? It's a cesspit of racism. Me and some friends play the mode and almost every team has something offensive in the name or the player models are intentionally made to be caricatures based on racist stereotypes.
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up

@EA_Roger have you played Pro clubs? It's a cesspit of racism. Me and some friends play the mode and almost every team has something offensive in the name or the player models are intentionally made to be caricatures based on racist stereotypes.

Yeah they 100% need a crackdown on team names and should reduce the amount of customisation you can do to player faces, there's no reason to be able to make them obscene
  • tommyboyo
    Huxx wrote: »

Yeah they 100% need a crackdown on team names and should reduce the amount of customisation you can do to player faces, there's no reason to be able to make them obscene

So funny though isn't it???

(spoiler alert: no, it is actually not)
  • BadSeedsFC
    3098 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020

Of course man! Thank you for letting us know that it's something that you're looking on. The report option during the exact game is definitely an improvement, but not to many people knows this. There is a thin line between an immature joke name and really sickening names, and at the same time a lot of young children's play this game. My first baby girl is due to born by the end of March and I'm terrified by the state of the communications and info in consoles by the time she begins playing videogames.

Thanks again for the reply and info! @EARoger
  • Koning Spijker
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    @EA_Roger maybe start ruling those names out of Squad Battles. The names I see there embarrassing your company even more

On the other hand, I can't name a squad 'Nigel' because it contains an offensive word.......
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    @EA_Roger maybe start ruling those names out of Squad Battles. The names I see there embarrassing your company even more

On the other hand, I can't name a squad 'Nigel' because it contains an offensive word.......

What do you mean I love playing the IRA and she was only XI
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Save your breath, I posted something similar after playing a team called "I hate Khunes", asking how on earth this can be considered acceptable, the first reply was someone telling me to "get a life" which received more likes than the original post.
    The thread was subsequently removed, was basically people just abusing me for mentioning it.

To be fair, at least Roger seems interested in taking some action which is more than what has happened in the past.
  • greggles
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    that fact that "kurt" is not allowed in your team name but some names are is just wtf... actually no its not we are talking about EA here
  • Raymondo123
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2020
    I find it funny that all these names are available but I'm not allowed to put 'China' as my squad name... Isn't that like discrimination?
  • Chriswhiteisright
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yeah I welcome the fact that EA are doing something to combat the toxicity of inappropriate club/team names but they should also be spending the same amount of time fixing the game as well. Funny how they reply to threads like this moments after it being posted but threads on how poor the game is are completely ignored. The game breeds all different forms of toxicity and they should all be addressed imo.
  • ironawin1
    1309 posts Professional
    BANCOUVER FC
  • ironawin1
    1309 posts Professional
    Save your breath, I posted something similar after playing a team called "I hate Khunes", asking how on earth this can be considered acceptable, the first reply was someone telling me to "get a life" which received more likes than the original post.
    The thread was subsequently removed, was basically people just abusing me for mentioning it.

To be fair, at least Roger seems interested in taking some action which is more than what has happened in the past.

Saying something on the forums and actually taking actions are two very very different things. Roger dont do anything, believe me. He has no power in EA. He doesnt have another job so they pushed him with this one