A Rea Life RTG 2.0 COVID 19 EDITION

Cadey 5
12138 posts Has That Special Something
edited March 26
A while ago now I started this thread:
https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/458264/a-real-life-rtg-blog-road-to-mexico-a-body-mind-transformation-start-three/p7

After some great success in the early goings I have since fallen off a cliff when it comes to looking after myself and my body, I have lost some love for the gym recently and have found it difficult even to go!

The trip family trip to Mexico has been delayed until 2021 and I have't found that goal in mind! weight wise i am slightly heavy then i was at the start and i would argue my body composition is much worse!

but what cannot be denied as the first 8 weeks of that thread where the last time i truly felt i was on a proper fitness journey! so I am starting a V2.0!

it's become a lot harder to fit in workouts as the last 3 months I have got myself into a long distance relationship! god dammit! so mixed between traveling and social occasions added to the fact she is unwell at the moment I have just let it all go.

Current Weight

Height for relevance 5ft 10

3f18a1ccd92f5217a30f9389c88cebd9.jpg

in the morning I will weigh myself and put that into the OP! I faild you and myself once I can't do it again i am not getting any younger!

Programme selection

As before i will follow the Kris Gethin 8 week hardcore trainer to start off with as this provided me great results last time if you wish to follow and or compete a adaptation to that can be found here: https://www.kagedmuscle.com/blogs/8-week-hardcore-trainer/overview-program

I am not expecting this to go smoothly as i am traveling a lot right now but I need to find someway of holding myself accountable.

@RBailss @Antparry92 @Keano @krakos000 @DoD_Jester @ccooaattssyy
Post edited by Cadey 5 on

Comments

• Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Good luck pal, mentally keeping yourself going is the hardest oart, aslong as you have a goal like mexico etc then you should focus more & be less likely to give up, i'm sure you can do it!
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    Good luck!!
  • Ugri
    9348 posts League Winner
    @Cadey 5

If you need mental support happy to help as i had some weight problems myself, here my story!

When i was 41years old (yes i know old right :lol: ) I was 101kg and had a body fat of 32%...
    With a 3 year old daughter i felt i didnt have enough energy for the family sooo i decided something similiar.
    1st i got a fitbit and did those 6k steps a day, used the stairs at work (4th floor baby :blush: ) and tracked my food. NO sugar, no soft drinks.
    Whent to the gym (3x a week) with a cardio and muscle program. Minitor you do higher % of fat burn in your program, fitbit helps tracking it! Its hard but these things helped!

If you miss the gym no problem,get those steps in and monitor the food (did the food monitor for 8 weeks, after that its a habit). Do sit ups and pushs ups before work and it the evening. Any amount will do.

Now, turned 43years old last week, am 83kg and 22% body fat. I even have muscles :blush: and have energy.

Pm.me.if you need any support in any way. Good luck!!!
  • iD33J91
    6023 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck mate!!

Defo mix up the workouts to keep it fresh and to prevent it becoming stale and a chore - aiming for 10k steps a day and plenty of water is usually pretty achievable too.

You got this!!
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    edited February 18
    In a hole right now with all this as I mentioned to you the other day. This might just give me the kick up the *#*# that’s needed
    Post edited by Antparry92 on
  • Cadey 5
    DAY ONE

Today was probably the best my diet has been in months and obviously the first step is always the easiest! but despite getting out the house later then planned kept to a pretty good diet only poor note on the day was a little short on the protein, but food shop tomorrow evening should help prevent that in the coming days.

Leg workouts

Squat to seated bench
    15 x 85
    15 x 80
    15 x 80

Leg Press
    15 x 80
    15 x 80
    15 x 80

Leg extension drop set
    10 X 95 dropped to 10 x 82
    10 x 95 dropped to 10 x 82

Superset

BW Lunges
    10 x FW
    10 x FW

BW Squad
    10 x FW
    10 x FW

Seated calf raise
    30 x 64
    30 x 64
    30 x 64
    30 x 64

Cardio AM 20 minutes steady state cardio after my workout
    Cardio PM instead of my bike decided to do a ab routine as this is the ultimate goal!

Diet
    Protein 160g
    Carbs 170g
    Fat 53g
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16382 posts World Class
    Good luck
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    You on body space at all? Might be setting it up again tomorrow
  • Cadey 5
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    You on body space at all? Might be setting it up again tomorrow

Pretty sure I had one to get my programmes but I never update it.
  • Cadey 5
    Day Two chest and shoulders

Overall a positive day still not quite hit my protein target for the day but another gym session and cardio season done!

Db chest press
    10 x 32.5
    10 x 32.5
    10 x 32.5

Cable fly
    12 x 36
    12 x 36
    12 x 36

DB floor press
    10 x 25
    10 x 25
    10 x 25

Push up
    10 x BW
    10 x BW
    10 x BW

Smith press
    10 x 30
    10 x 30
    10 x 30

Lateral raise
    12 x 15
    12 x 15
    12 x 15

Rear felt machine
    10 x 54
    10 x 54
    10 x 54

Protein 160
    Carbs 180
    Fats 70

Cardio AM 20 minutes steady state treadmill.
  • Cadey 5
    Yesterdays log! did't have long in the gym as family where visiting so moved a day forward and did the back day as it's slightly less time consuming!

Deadlift (no belt)
    10 x 105
    10 x 95
    10 x 95

Seated hamstring curl
    10 x 45
    10 x 45
    10 x 45

Glut ham raise
    10 x BW
    10 x BW
    10 x BW

Cable straight leg deadlift
    10 x 43
    10 x 43
    10 x 43

Sit ups
    15 x BW
    15 X BW
    15 X BW
    15 X BW

Cardio 20 minutes steady state:

Protein 182
    Carbs
    Fat 63

• Cadey 5
    Day Four Arms

Cable Pushdown
    12 x 41
    12 x 41
    12 x 41

Overhead extension
    12 x 32
    12 x 32
    12 x 32

Role Pushdown
    10 x 36
    10 x 36
    10 x 36

Kickback
    12 x 14
    12 x 14
    12 x 14

Push up
    10 X bW
    10 x BW
    10 x BW

Hammer crl
    10 x 15
    10 x 15
    10 x 15

Cable curl
    10 x 50
    10 x 50
    10 x 50

Spuder curl
    12 x 30
    12 x 30
    12 x 30

Diet:

Protien 160
    Carbs 170
    Fats 55

Cardio 20 minutes steady state post workout

Day Five

Took Yesterday off I was away watching Ipswich Town V Oxford with friends so just enjoyed the day!
  • EA_Rtas
    2369 posts EA Moderator
    edited February 25
    Good luck with this one dude, previous thread was absolutely excellent, looking forward to seeing your progress!

EDIT: Pinned the thread so people can keep up with this easier.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Cadey 5
    Day 6/7

Will update this with day six tomorrow as I don’t have my log book on me tonight so apologise for the messy structure so far!

Feel like today was a breakthrough day traveled up to see the misses and kept a reasonable diet and even found the motivation to do 20 minutes cardio at 1am before the day was done!

This will be a challenging few days bring away from home and not in full control to some degree of my diet!

I’m well aware my source of calories hast been as good as I’d like it to be and my cardio is lower then the last time I started this thread, however I got myself to the gym 5 times and at the very least tracked my intake aside from one day,

Active rest
    20 minutes cardio
    Carbs 170
    Protein 170
    Fat 57

I don’t have my scales up here so I will perhaps weigh myself next Tuesday morning and take this week as a mental victory if not a scale one.

• RBailss
    13840 posts Has That Special Something
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Day 6/7

Will update this with day six tomorrow as I don’t have my log book on me tonight so apologise for the messy structure so far!

Feel like today was a breakthrough day traveled up to see the misses and kept a reasonable diet and even found the motivation to do 20 minutes cardio at 1am before the day was done!

This will be a challenging few days bring away from home and not in full control to some degree of my diet!

I’m well aware my source of calories hast been as good as I’d like it to be and my cardio is lower then the last time I started this thread, however I got myself to the gym 5 times and at the very least tracked my intake aside from one day,

Active rest
    20 minutes cardio
    Carbs 170
    Protein 170
    Fat 57

I don’t have my scales up here so I will perhaps weigh myself next Tuesday morning and take this week as a mental victory if not a scale one.

Good luck mate! Those 1am cardio sessions are always the best ;)
  • Cadey 5
    edited February 26
    Day 8 legs

Not got my scale but I did use the bodymatrix at the local gym here:
    b9b17c226746b615ad4898fc2cff336b

Obviously according to this I gained weight but having eaten and in clothes prior I’d say I’m near the same, having said that it’s a good “baseline” to work on if I can measure myself at that gym in a few weeks.

Doing the workout at a different gym was good In a way to keep my mind fresh! But also machines and cables a bit less loose.,

Leg extension
    20 x 72.5
    10 x 87
    10 x 72.5

Seated leg press machine
    30 x 80
    20 x 87
    10 x 105
    30 x 57

Barbel lunge into squat
    10 x 30
    10 x 30
    10!, 30

Leg raise

Plank
    30 seconds
    30 seconds
    30 seconds

Cardio 25 minutes steady state.

Protein 165
    Fat 70
    Carbs 185

• dannyboy
    12883 posts Has That Special Something
    Are you doing lat pulldowns?
  • Cadey 5
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Are you doing lat pulldowns?

Some days I will be yeah.
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    Physio tomorrow for me and this hip thank god!!
  • Cadey 5

How did it go?
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

How did it go?
    Good and bad. It’s worse than I thought and affecting more than I thought as well. And she’s literally taken me right back to basic movements as if I’ve had the op done
  • Cadey 5
    Fair few days to write up tonight! :#
  • Cadey 5
    DAY 14

I need to make some changes of how I update the thread being away for half my week at the moment with just my phone makes this extremely hard to keep the regular daily posts up! so I may change up to the one post a week on weight day with a summary of how my week went?

or would you prefer the daily logs?

Weighed in at 196.6 which is above average for the last two weeks can't say I am surprised as I went on a bit of a self destruct last few days just not being able to do the daily update in itself gave me a disappointing feeling only someone with Anxiety would understand!

Still though I have thought of the steps to try and get me on the right path!

Going early
    i need to try and get to the gym as early as possible, leaving it to the end of my day is proving counter productive as the 25 minute walk is the last thing i want!

Monday-Friday
    I am going to go to the Monday-Friday Weekends off split I did at my first attempt at this to reduce the chances of me going back to back days without gym outside of my own accord, traveling back Saturday did't get in until 9 and it threw me off.

Ordering protein bars

Now as I write that "throwing money at supplements won't help" I hear you say and you are right however again last time I had success I had a protein bar for breakfast and whilst not as healthy or a actual breakfast I could have it if i was in a rush and it put my mind in "healthy/diet mode" for the day.
  • Cadey 5
    Day 21 week three!

Time flys when you are struggling to lose weight!

Did’t weigh myself this morning because I was up until 3am watching elimination chamber with a friend I’ve not seen in a long time B)

But! Overall my week was steady progress I’d say

Managed to get to the gym 5 days Monday-Friday and finally hit my protein goals for most of the week!

Only down side was staying a the misses relatives for far too long and ordering a 3am take away RIP.

Busy week ahead and my misses is having a OP so that’s going to be stressful I’m sure.

Don’t know why but I’ve been watching weight loss journey videos (not that I’m that large) just as like a “anyone can do it” type motivation.

I can feel i am close to a healthy routine falling into place! It’s just been a lot harder for me this time round!

On a positive note of “goals” I’ve organised to go away for wrestle mania weekend so if I can lose 3-6 pounds before then that is a good mini goal to have.
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    I’ve managed to start as of Saturday, done 3 miles on the bike Saturday and a mile each on the x-trainer and treadmill which doesn’t sound much but it meant a lot to me
  • Cadey 5
    I’ve managed to start as of Saturday, done 3 miles on the bike Saturday and a mile each on the x-trainer and treadmill which doesn’t sound much but it meant a lot to me

Nice one smaller steps are way more important look at me not lost any weight really in three weeks but I think I’ve still made steps forward.
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    Slowly does it is definitely the way to go!
  • Cadey 5
    Just a FYI I’ve not given up! But my gym is shut because of this small virus going round don’t know if you heard:

Working on something I can do at home in the meantime to at least not gain weight in this ***
  • Cadey 5
    It's fair to say I have't had the most success this month! but with Gyms closing I am actually using this as a challenge and to refresh ready to go back to the gym whenever this stops!

It's taken me a few days but this is my new gym kit oh yeah!

dd4d8660eaaf0fbf8b370b7202b3d2d0.jpg

Going to use the 5L jugs as "dumbbells" and just hit some high reps! until I get some burn or until I just wear out my muscles.

I have also downloaded an app called "Run Keeper" so I can go out for a 1-2 mil jog for some exercises. I highly recommend it gone out for a few days to try it out and it is solid! whilst you may not have a resistance band anyone can get some jugs!

I will try figure out what free weight exercises I can do! as a basic day though I will aim to do 1-2 mile runs a day and 100 squats because legs need more work for me anyway.
  • Antparry92
    19202 posts World Class
    I’m keeping it simple and I’ll probably get more done this way to begin with. No runs cause my hips are deteriorating every day. So just press ups, pull ups (bought a bar years ago), have 10kg dumbells as well which are handy so I’ll be a bit more active now as well