How high ranking player have you beaten?

redsfan78
53 posts Park Captain
So, today I beat a player who's gamertag is BieRHoff Q8 - I knew he was good because I've played him before, and it turns out he's won more than a 1000 games and has won division 1 like more than 100 times, and in fact he had won 19 in a row before I beat him. What's weird is that I then went on to lose to a guy in division 3 the game after.
Anyway, it seemed a bit odd during that match against BierHOff, he seemed to have like absolutely perfect through balls between his pair of strikers, and it was incredibly hard to know where those through balls were going to go. He didn't do skill moves, just really good through balls, and to be honest, I had to play amazingly to beat him (4-3 at the end, me having saved a penalty before half time). Also, it was odd that on one or two occasions I seemed to manage to put him off from shooting accurately when he was inside the box and was likely to score - my attempted tackles seemed to do enough to make him miss once or twice when I was sure he would score. Maybe it was lag?!

Comments

• marktko
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've never got higher than 2 and struggle to stay there. Only ever beaten a handful of division 1 players and been more by luck when things go my way. I've also played players I believe to be division1 and then after the game I check and they've never been beyond division 4.

That's even more of a mystery.....
  • YidArmy
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 18
    Before Christmas I managed to beat the Number 1 ranked Playstation player, NizarRenaldoHD. He plays with lower star teams like me. I was Ivory Coast, he was Club Brugge and it ended 4-3 after I went 3-0 up. Was just one of those games where every shot I had went in.

He has been ranked number 1 since I can remember this year and still is. Im not at home so can't look at the stats, but he's on over 1000 wins and only about 45 losses. How he can manage to sustain a record like that is crazy.
  • redsfan78
    53 posts Park Captain
    Right, it's crazy to avoid losses the whole time. Like, there seems to be a certain stage in Seasons where all your opponent's shots go in and yours all get saved - why does that almost never happen to these guys?!!!
  • Cosmic99
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Checking back through my history I've beaten quite a few Div1 players recently. The best one was a 5-0 win against Man U whilst using Bayer Leverkusen and the last a 2-1 win against Arsenal whilst using Borussia Mönchengladbach
  • ashfun
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    Checking back through my history I've beaten quite a few Div1 players recently. The best one was a 5-0 win against Man U whilst using Bayer Leverkusen and the last a 2-1 win against Arsenal whilst using Borussia Mönchengladbach

Cosmic 99: How/where do you see your history? FYI I'm on xbox. Thanks.
  • jvsptvch
    15 posts Ball Boy
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Before Christmas I managed to beat the Number 1 ranked Playstation player, NizarRenaldoHD. He plays with lower star teams like me. I was Ivory Coast, he was Club Brugge and it ended 4-3 after I went 3-0 up. Was just one of those games where every shot I had went in.

He has been ranked number 1 since I can remember this year and still is. Im not at home so can't look at the stats, but he's on over 1000 wins and only about 45 losses. How he can manage to sustain a record like that is crazy.

club brugee has many speedy players you wouldnt usually find in 3-4 stars team. Well done beating nizarrenaldo!
  • Bonusb3rtie
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good success stories guys. Keep sharing the positivity! I also played nizarenoldo and I was beating him 4-3 but he got an equaliser and it finished 4 all. He started shushing me even though I hadn't celebrated any of my goals. Oh well. Thats some fifa players for you.
  • redsfan78 wrote: »
    So, today I beat a player who's gamertag is BieRHoff Q8 - I knew he was good because I've played him before, and it turns out he's won more than a 1000 games and has won division 1 like more than 100 times, and in fact he had won 19 in a row before I beat him. What's weird is that I then went on to lose to a guy in division 3 the game after.
    Anyway, it seemed a bit odd during that match against BierHOff, he seemed to have like absolutely perfect through balls between his pair of strikers, and it was incredibly hard to know where those through balls were going to go. He didn't do skill moves, just really good through balls, and to be honest, I had to play amazingly to beat him (4-3 at the end, me having saved a penalty before half time). Also, it was odd that on one or two occasions I seemed to manage to put him off from shooting accurately when he was inside the box and was likely to score - my attempted tackles seemed to do enough to make him miss once or twice when I was sure he would score. Maybe it was lag?!

this is what drives me crazy most about Fifa 20. inconsistencies which remove much of the impact of skill from the game.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 24
    redsfan78 wrote: »

this is what drives me crazy most about Fifa 20. inconsistencies which remove much of the impact of skill from the game.

This topic is to share some good storoes of beating good players, not to complain (again) ten times per hour of a game you apparently despise but yet here you are. Again, telling us how bad the game is. Again :)