Managed to hit Elite for the first time this WL

Aspral
3797 posts National Call-Up
Might not be an achievement to some. But I consider myself an above average player who has been struggling to improve and the last few weeks I wasn't even able to get Gold 1.

Almost pushed to Elite 2 but lost on pens in a games I should've won and only got smashed 1 time.

Switched from a god squad to 2 squads in rotation, changed formation/play style and got Elite for the first time!

It was literally my only aim this Fifa so pretty happy :)

Comments

• Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    edited February 2020
    Nice one mate! I've been a Gold 1 standard player pretty much since champs was introduced on FIFA, always had the aim of hitting Elite and managed to hit Elite 3 back when it was 40 games per weekend and was pretty happy, was content just hitting it the one time but on this FIFA I've managed to hit it 3-4 times, although I'm still Gold 1 most weeks still always nice to hit elite!

Fair play on hitting it though and hopefully now you've hit it once then you can hit it a few more times :) I think the playing 2 squads in rotations helps though, I do the same and it just helps mix things up a bit and keeps it interesting using different players!

• IxToMxI
    8232 posts League Winner
    Nice buddy, I’ve been E2 and E1 all year last two weekends since the new patch I can’t even hit G2, can’t work out what is going on or what has changed but your doing something right. Well done!
  • Well done bud I'm like u just with 21 wins, il never see 23
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Care to share some of your tactics, or tips and tricks or you think you just had more luck this weekend than usual? I'm often like 1 , 2 wins off
  • Barry Allannnn
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Nice buddy, I’ve been E2 and E1 all year last two weekends since the new patch I can’t even hit G2, can’t work out what is going on or what has changed but your doing something right. Well done!

This can't be right surely? I'm usually e3 but even in the worst conditions with lag and delay I can always cruise to 20 easily. To get less than 17 wins for an elite 1 player is pretty unheard of.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1771 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2020
    Well done buddy.
    Same here. Been G1 every week managed 24 wins this week and matched a pro in my last game who’s finished top 20 for the month twice :joy: The elite 2 dream was short lived
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Roobar wrote: »
    Care to share some of your tactics, or tips and tricks or you think you just had more luck this weekend than usual? I'm often like 1 , 2 wins off

Switched to 4-4-2 default tactics and had stay back on both fullbacks. Switched to 2 squads and rotated instead of 1.

The game changer was just left stick dribbling. I know all the OP mechanics, skill moves and so on but I never learnt simple left stick dribbling.

I was learning it the last week on rivals and draft. Just using left stick dribbling to create space was winning me most of the games.

• Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Aspral wrote: »

Switched to 4-4-2 default tactics and had stay back on both fullbacks. Switched to 2 squads and rotated instead of 1.

The game changer was just left stick dribbling. I know all the OP mechanics, skill moves and so on but I never learnt simple left stick dribbling.

I was learning it the last week on rivals and draft. Just using left stick dribbling to create space was winning me most of the games.

Sounds great man. Could we see your team?
  • Vanch
    1375 posts Play-Off Hero
    Aspral wrote: »

What's left stick dribbling? Isn't that just normal dribbling, seeing as you always use the left stick to dribble/move?
  • ozcs_69
    4879 posts Big Money Move
    GG man, its big, hearing people getitng elite for first time in a random WL is huge, and gives me joy, if you enjoying the game and giving it your best, good on you...