The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Wow...division 9....

alvchong
1181 posts Professional
Tonight DR is the most difficult in my this year playing .....

Comments

• DesiKRew
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same here... My skill points going to be Zero.. By end of the week...
  • alvchong
    1181 posts Professional
    edited February 17
    my skill points drop from 800 to 126 due to various objective. I am laughing at myself. Played 7 matches and zero win tonight. thinking of build up some skill points for Thursday. I am just not good enough.

oh... btw, serious lagging and button delay also...
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    DesiKRew wrote: »

I won a spectacularly low amount of matches this weekend. I've been artificially pushed up into Div 6 (where I absolutely don't belong), presumably due to relegators, and now I can't buy a win. It's all a bit silly really. How have they managed to create a game that has become so unenjoyable to play??

I know this is football, and therefore all about winning, but because of the mess the Divisions are in right now, they need to start rewarding simple engagement with the game more. Because right now I just feel like I'm wasting my time.
  • BSDShoes
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    Unless you're working towards WL qualification, don't play DR until the weekends. I figured that out myself, was div 8 and now div 9 because of it.
  • CustardHippo
    2430 posts Fans' Favourite
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    DesiKRew wrote: »

I won a spectacularly low amount of matches this weekend. I've been artificially pushed up into Div 6 (where I absolutely don't belong), presumably due to relegators, and now I can't buy a win. It's all a bit silly really. How have they managed to create a game that has become so unenjoyable to play??

I know this is football, and therefore all about winning, but because of the mess the Divisions are in right now, they need to start rewarding simple engagement with the game more. Because right now I just feel like I'm wasting my time.

I'm normally Div 6 and struggling at the moment, so it's definitely a very widespread issue. Its getting a bit ridiculous. Either win 6-0 or lose 6-0, no one seemingly on my level. I gave up with DR at the moment and am only logging in to trade and see whats happening with SBCs etc.
    CK4795 wrote: »
    maybe u guys are just not good at the game

And this is a big part of why the community sucks. Likely one of the people causing the problems by relegating themselves. Clearly they are less skilled than others as they play in lower divisions and are happy with that, the issue is that they now really cannot enjoy the game because of all the higher division players self relegating.
  • alvchong
    1181 posts Professional

We are bad player in any divisions...Funny....So whereelse can we play our poor player league? Division 10? I am a few games away....hahaha
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes, thanks. I'm already aware I'm not the best at this, partly due to my non-appearance at any of the events and also because I'm not very good at the game. But I also know that I used to win more than 1 every 6 or 7 matches or so! It's become a lot more frustrating than it used to be. Helpful comment though, thanks for that.

• tommyboyo
    1117 posts Professional

Good one.

Totally missing the point of divisions.

Players should be matched against others of a similar skill level, thus making games competitive and at least somewhat enjoyable.

This is not happening though, because people abuse the system. Not about being good or bad at the game.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1128 posts Professional
    I would say out of 10 matches non-stop I played at-least 5 self relegators. Therefore would end up 6-4 or 7-3. I’m a division 6 player got relegated to division 7 doing the academy objectives but after completing them all went back up to 6.
  • CK4795
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    calm down you guys...
    No need to feel offended.
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    calm down you guys...
    No need to feel offended.

No need to feel offended? Telling people they suck is pretty offending. If it's true or false is not the case rn.
  • CK4795
    i didnt say you guys suck. I said maybe you are just not as good as you thought you would be
    You should maybe play another Mode like career or online seasons instead if you lose constantly in div 9.
    Why u gettin angry
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    i didnt say you guys suck. I said maybe you are just not as good as you thought you would be
    You should maybe play another Mode like career or online seasons instead if you lose constantly in div 9.
    Why u gettin angry

I am not in div 9 :( Would be an honor to be there
  • CustardHippo
    Why u gettin angry

Clearly trolling at this point. The discussion is around how the self relegators have caused issues throughout DR making the game explicitly harder for those in lower divisions and pushing others into divisions they do not belong.

But you continue with your 'you suck' mentality. Toxic AF and partly why this community gets such a bad rep.

• Orison
    52815 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Why u gettin angry

Clearly trolling at this point. The discussion is around how the self relegators have caused issues throughout DR making the game explicitly harder for those in lower divisions and pushing others into divisions they do not belong.

But you continue with your 'you suck' mentality. Toxic AF and partly why this community gets such a bad rep.

But realistically you are hardly matching one every game. So if you can't buy a win whatsoever then it's still on you.
  • CK4795
    Why u gettin angry

just because you dont like my comment you blame the whole community for having a bad reputation ?
    Believe it or not. Not 1 self relegator will relegate himself till ❤️❤️❤️❤️ division 9 tbh. They will at MAX relegate themselves to division 7 and its really not like every division 1-4 player is now in the lower leagues. Some are doing it, yes. But in all honesty i think nowadays it has become a lie for many bad players. Like an excuse for not being good at the game. Blaming "self relegators"
    It is you who is "toxic AF"
  • CK4795
    Orison wrote: »
    Why u gettin angry

But realistically you are hardly matching one every game. So if you can't buy a win whatsoever then it's still on you.

exactly what im saying
  • Orison
    Why u gettin angry

just because you dont like my comment you blame the whole community for having a bad reputation ?
    Believe it or not. Not 1 self relegator will relegate himself till ❤️❤️❤️❤️ division 9 tbh. They will at MAX relegate themselves to division 7 and its really not like every division 1-4 player is now in the lower leagues. Some are doing it, yes. But in all honesty i think nowadays it has become a lie for many bad players. Like an excuse for not being good at the game. Blaming "self relegators"

Div 1 players make up for less than 1% of rivals players. Even if all of them relegated themselves people in lower divs would barely notice.

3.42% of accounts have unlocked the achievement of getting to div 4 in rivals by now (on xbox). Ofc that takes into account all accs with Fifa on it and many of those probably never play rivals, but still even if every single one of these players relegated themselves, people down lower would hardly notice.

People who claim to match div 1-4 players every other game in lower rivals divisions are simply lying and trying to find excuses for losing.
  • number7rocky
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    Why u gettin angry

People who claim to match div 1-4 players every other game in lower rivals divisions are simply lying and trying to find excuses for losing.

Plus half decent players wouldn't even need to go anywhere near div 9 to complete objectives easy 😂
  • CustardHippo
    Why u gettin angry

Am not saying I am having any issue; I’m saying that coming in and simply telling someone they suck isn’t exactly helpful. And whilst you likely won’t meet a D1-4 player in every single game you have to see that it’s not just those players dropping. People from 5 down are also pushed down be it intentionally or through trying to complete objectives with poorer squads. So the knock on will be greater than just a smaller pool.
  • CustardHippo
    Why u gettin angry

No, I said your mentality of “you suck get good” is exactly what’s wrong with this community and why it gets a bad rep. Could come in with helpful comments or discussion but instead you tell people they are bad. Am pretty sure people in Div 9-10 know they are not very good and don’t need telling that.
  • The_Faries_76
    436 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 17
    I've stopped doing objectives.
    IMO the rewards are false.
    I've a limited amount of time that I can play fifa, so I've either been playing rivals with crap first owner teams, or putting myself through mental torture playing squad bats.
    The rewards, Roy keane..... Worth it, pep..... Trash, used in SBC, sol Campbell...... The jury's out...... SL Gelson Martins...... 6/10, Orisic....... 5/10, SL perisic...... 7/10. Roy's the only one that still gets a lookin for the first team.
    Had i played rivals with my 1st team since Oct, and focused on trading I dare say the weekly rewards would have far outweighed the BS listed above.
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why u gettin angry

Div 1 players make up for less than 1% of rivals players. Even if all of them relegated themselves people in lower divs would barely notice.

3.42% of accounts have unlocked the achievement of getting to div 4 in rivals by now (on xbox). Ofc that takes into account all accs with Fifa on it and many of those probably never play rivals, but still even if every single one of these players relegated themselves, people down lower would hardly notice.

I'm sorry, but this is wilfully missing the point, purely for the sake of it. Those straw men rearing their ugly heads again. This discussion is not about 'people who claim to match div 1-4 players every other game'. Where have you got that from?? Not one person in this discussion has claimed that.

There are people in this thread quite happy to confess to not being good enough at the game. The issue we're having is that our enjoyment is being ruined by the sheer number of people self-relegating to make lives easier for themselves. Rivals has always been challenging for me, because of my relatively low skill level and my complete lack of experience of online play (I've always played offline until the last couple of FIFAs). But lately it has got far worse, much less enjoyable and therefore far more frustrating.

No one's claiming they're playing Div 1 players, not in here anyway.
  • Orison
    Why u gettin angry

I'm sorry, but this is wilfully missing the point, purely for the sake of it. Those straw men rearing their ugly heads again. This discussion is not about 'people who claim to match div 1-4 players every other game'. Where have you got that from?? Not one person in this discussion has claimed that.

There are people in this thread quite happy to confess to not being good enough at the game. The issue we're having is that our enjoyment is being ruined by the sheer number of people self-relegating to make lives easier for themselves. Rivals has always been challenging for me, because of my relatively low skill level and my complete lack of experience of online play (I've always played offline until the last couple of FIFAs). But lately it has got far worse, much less enjoyable and therefore far more frustrating.

But why blame relegators for a lack of fun or loads of Ls instead of looking for ways to improve?

Lets assume there are actually load of self-relegators in div 9. But these don't come from div 1-4 as we just established. So maybe they come down from div 7 or so. These guys aren't great either, they should be relatively easy to read and beat with just some minor improvements on your end.

And yet instead of looking for ways to improve people keep moaning.

Obviously that's not just the case for div 9 players. Div 7 players moan about people from div 5 and div 3 players apparently get smashed by div 1 players all the time. But everybody just moans, nobody tries to get better :joy:
  • Queens11
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 17
    Why u gettin angry

What a dumb comment I really wonder how some people on this forum manage to dress themselves in the morning
    Do U know what happens to all the people that are getting destroyed in div 5/6/7 by self relegated players
    Guess what they go down 8/9/10 making it harder for the ones down there which was the point of his op
  • TheMightyBee
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    The reality is all the casuals are gone and only hardcore players with mostly god squads are left in rivals. Rivals is full of people who know how to abuse mechanics and play Fifa a lot.
  • Nazgul
    1025 posts Professional
    Why u gettin angry

But why blame relegators for a lack of fun or loads of Ls instead of looking for ways to improve?

Lets assume there are actually load of self-relegators in div 9. But these don't come from div 1-4 as we just established. So maybe they come down from div 7 or so. These guys aren't great either, they should be relatively easy to read and beat with just some minor improvements on your end.

Obviously that's not just the case for div 9 players. Div 7 players moan about people from div 5 and div 3 players apparently get smashed by div 1 players all the time. But everybody just moans, nobody tries to get better :joy:

I would suggest people have a certain skill level they can get to and that’s probably as far as they can get without some serious Fifa education. I’m not great, always between divisions 5-6 but I can tell you for a fact, there are plenty of people playing at an artificial skill level in order to complete objectives.

Obviously not division 1-2 players but there’s a trickle effect.

Div 3 players get pumped by better players, so they relegate.

Division 4 players get pumped by division 3 players, so they relegate.

Division 5 players get pumped by division 4 players, so they relegate.

So on and so forth.

I’m not suggesting every loss is down to getting beaten by someone from a higher division but throughout every division it is happening.
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why u gettin angry

Of course I'm trying to get better. I try to learn new ways of fighting against this game every day. At least some of us ARE trying, as opposed to deliberately losing matches to make things easier for ourselves! Why are we the focus of your criticism here??
  • number7rocky
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    Why u gettin angry

Queens11 wrote: »
    Why u gettin angry

What a dumb comment I really wonder how some people on this forum manage to dress themselves in the morning
    Do U know what happens to all the people that are getting destroyed in div 5/6/7 by self relegated players
    Guess what they go down 8/9/10 making it harder for the ones down there which was the point of his op

Many people in mid to low divisions though think/claim almost everytime they lose a game to someone who is better or just played a better game they must be a self relegator.

Do people relegate? Yes but it's no where near to the extent some people claim. If your getting destroyed in div 7/8/9 the problem ain't relegators.