Fut draft only?

Mmandras
3865 posts National Call-Up
edited February 17
I got one of those free tokens for online draft, the game actualy feels so much better than both WL and Rivals. How come, concidering that there are no dedicated servers?

It is also such an awesome opportunity to try different cards, and mode itself looks so refreshing with quick 4 match series. Playing with several prime moments icons, prime Zidane and Crespo... Honestly it feels great.

And no custom tactics BS means it finally looks like a real football? Ok, I'll take it.

Entry price of 15k is not for the poor, and I'm not sure if the rewards could cover the cost... But having 6.5 million, while both Rivals and WL looking like a dreadful grind atm, maybe it's time to spend second half of FIFA 20 days playing some draft?

Maybe it is much better option for quitters than pack suicide?

The mode itself is awesome. I just wish EA could make draft tokens more frequent, or make that price of entry vs rewards more lucrative for the players.

Comments

• Agreed, Draft can offer a great chance to play a new formation and with many cards people can only dream of buying R9, Zidane, Gullit etc

However, I've won it a couple of times and the packs are completely rubbish for winning it and basically worthless for exiting anywhere before. If the packs were a little better I'd play more often
  • CustardHippo
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any time I have gone through drafts I have ended up with a pretty dire looking set of players to pick from and then after struggling through against god levels sides, been rewarded with a couple of rare gold packs. And just sort of felt shafted the entire time really.
  • Mmandras
    3865 posts National Call-Up
    But that's what makes it interesting, you never know what you're going to get. Besides, players don't make such a huge difference, you will end up with likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Zidanne... or something close to it. It's a skill based mode mostly.

I've stopped at two wins and got shadow chem as best reward out of two jumbo gold packs. So I'd break even if I invested coins, and I could even get worse... And that's not good enough, you need a sense of progress and much better carrot on a stick.

It's a shame, such a fun mode, but I do realize that EA would cannibalize it's main modes and source of income it they made Draft more rewarding.
  • shady93
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was feeling the same until for the 3rd time losing the final game and getting diabolical rewards ive decided against it
  • Lfc23
    2790 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got 2 rare gold packs an 1 premium gold pack for winning it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Not just once but 3 times I love drafts but rewards need sorting out
  • Orison
    58339 posts National Treasure
    It is on dedicated servers.

Also to me it's an awful mode. You are locked into a formation and usually play with insane attackers against pretty average defenders. And the opponents aren't great to say the least so beating them is like whatever.

It's the most casual and least skillbased mode since it's probably the only mode in which team rules above all if you somehow match a similarly skilled player. In normal fut you can somewhat compensate the team (dis)advantage by going for op cards, but if the draft gives you a 50 pace defense and you come up against moments eusebio and toty cr7 it's game over.
  • CustardHippo
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lfc23 wrote: ยป
    I got 2 rare gold packs an 1 premium gold pack for winning it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Not just once but 3 times I love drafts but rewards need sorting out

This is what I got, both times I won it :'( makes you kind of wonder if it needs tweaking but then, would always be a way of abusing it to stack stuff.
  • Knowlesdinho
    14474 posts Has That Special Something
    Was thinking of going draft only until tots and stacking the packs. It's super easy at the moment.