What is your ping?

kapulsky
322 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi friends! I want to compare the region and your delay in the game.
Who has what ping in uotrace?
My ping 130ms / Eastern Europe / Eurasia
For comparison.
Thanks!!!

Comments

• Davy001
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You better say Russia instead of Eastern Europe my friend! )) We all have ugly delays here...
  • kapulsky
    Davy001 wrote: »
    You better say Russia instead of Eastern Europe my friend! )) We all have ugly delays here...

Here, my friend, if you say Russia, you can hear so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in response! Better tell me, what is your delay? Here, not everyone is bad with ping. The Australian complained that he could not play. He has 45 ms))
  • berood001
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    US Virginia - 16ms when servers aren't busy. 25ms when they are. I get button delay and terrible performance at anything above 20ms.

I have read that this is not necessarily my connection but that there is a "lag compensation" mechanic built into the games. Basically the games don't synchronize well if one ping is really low and one is really high. So they manufacture a delay into the faster connection. If they didn't the slower connection would get constant frame tearing. For this reason your game can appear to be playing smoothly but in reality button delay makes your passes go the wrong direction and even your players won't make runs because their AI is constantly working with delayed information. Anyway... Just what I heard and as a developer myself it makes a lot of sense.
  • kapulsky
    berood001 wrote: »
    US Virginia - 16ms when servers aren't busy. 25ms when they are. I get button delay and terrible performance at anything above 20ms.

I have read that this is not necessarily my connection but that there is a "lag compensation" mechanic built into the games. Basically the games don't synchronize well if one ping is really low and one is really high. So they manufacture a delay into the faster connection. If they didn't the slower connection would get constant frame tearing. For this reason your game can appear to be playing smoothly but in reality button delay makes your passes go the wrong direction and even your players won't make runs because their AI is constantly working with delayed information. Anyway... Just what I heard and as a developer myself it makes a lot of sense.

Hello Friend! 25ms is good when compared to my 130ms))
    Found an article on reddit. A person familiar with games from the technical side. He described the delay and regulation of ea ping. Things are like that. If you have a delay of 25ms and your opponent has 100ms. EA will counter the delay for two players. Your total delay (two players) will be 100ms.