Robert Pires

gaz12321
166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I totally screwed up my Icon Swaps so have to accept the fact i've wasted so many hours of my life saving these bloody tokens.

I cannot understand how a 91 rated player can be so bad. I totally get that he doesn't suit the meta and was aware of that when I decided to buy him but I can usually work around it once I get used to how the player works, Suarez for instance doesn't suit the meta but just has so much quality when it matters but with Pires he is absolutely awful, I cannot do anything with this guy!

If anyone is considering it (unlikely, I know), please don't.

Comments

• oldboiler
    4837 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    He’s brilliant for me but yeah generally he’s not liked by most :D ....I have him in 442 at LM with a catalyst applied. Very quick, 4* WF so passing is on point. I’m not a skiller nor a dribbler so he suits my play ....the 91 will also come in handy to dump into an SBC which is where most of the icon swaps so far will end up
  • FifaProDK
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pires is for crossing and for crossing only. Best in the game at that on the LM spot.
  • gaz12321
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    Pires is for crossing and for crossing only. Best in the game at that on the LM spot.

Not much point crossing on Fifa though is there? Although i've had a bit more success with it since getting POTM Suarez so maybe I need to try more crosses.
  • NinthFall
    2572 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    I like him a lot with engine chem, because that balance / agility combo makes his movement very smooth. I've used him for 250~ games now and haven't really looked to replace him because he offers everything you need from a winger imo. His passing is outrageous, like no other player really, even difficult looking passes will be perfectly weighted and reach their targets and finishing good even without boosting it. More importantly his finesse shots are amazing. I think most who don't like him are stuck in Fifa 19 where he wasn't as good
  • gaz12321
    I'll keep trying, i've only used him for 11 games but just struggling to adapt. I have him on 10 chem with an engine and his movement is far from smooth. I think i'm struggling to pick out his natural movement, he seems to make really odd runs and take up some unusual positions that i haven't instructed so maybe if I give it more time i'll adapt to his game.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Try him as a Cam. He might be better suited there with his stats.