Ea - we have a life to live

rezyy
751 posts Semi-Pro
edited February 2020
Zanilolo third rye and midfield powerhouse objectives is a min of 10 games for your average player some may require a lot more, winning is hard enough playing at your own league level, but having to win and also complete objectives makes it that much harder.

I for one don’t have the time it takes or willing to let myself endure all that stress and frustration.

This is also from a company that will be investigated shortly for encouraging kids to gamble and also for causing kids to become addicted to there game which is not very healthy.

Get real or suffer the consequences, you will be before the powers at be and will be held accountable for your profit making machine just like the banks before you.

I can see a lot of competition claims coming your way in the future when all this is fully investigated, pack weights for 1 is just the tip of the iceberg.

EA u should know better in this day and age

Comments

• Arron xox
    3905 posts National Call-Up
    If you dont have time dont do it then. There objectives take a full month to complete so EA are giving you time to complete them
  • greif44
    5660 posts Big Money Move
    It's basically SBC fodder level card which is like 20k or so. Really worth the grind?
  • Saiber_Summia
    2462 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbh the comment seems not addressing adults, but mostly for kids...they have less rationality and I can see them pretending to have all the cards, then spending more hours than what would be reasonable...
    Obviously an adult (in general) should be able to renounce to a nice card, ir resist to open packs...but kids?!?
  • rezyy
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2020
    That’s it, the game is such a grind, not fun anymore, too the people saying you don’t have to do it, I have passed over lots because am not going to grind away for hours, days even when I can buy something similar off the transfer Market, I have 2.5 million to spend, am lucky, others are not and put themselves through this misery, all am saying is make them more achievable, if in rivals do you really have to make it soo that you require a win, and maybe then folk wouldn’t be dropping down the divisions too do them
  • Gav037
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tbh the comment seems not addressing adults, but mostly for kids...they have less rationality and I can see them pretending to have all the cards, then spending more hours than what would be reasonable...
    Obviously an adult (in general) should be able to renounce to a nice card, ir resist to open packs...but kids?!?

Kids have adults that are responsible for the time/money they allow them to spend on a game (not just Fifa, any game).

If you let your kid do what ever he/she seems fit, there is no one else to blame other than yourself. Video games and TV have been addictive since the start, is not just Fifa.
  • Saiber_Summia
    Gav037 wrote: »

Kids have adults that are responsible for the time/money they allow them to spend on a game (not just Fifa, any game).

If you let your kid do what ever he/she seems fit, there is no one else to blame other than yourself. Video games and TV have been addictive since the start, is not just Fifa.

In theory u right, but there are so many parents that exercise such little educational action and even not enough control...
    Clearly those objective are a powerful trigger for addiction, at least much more than with the past versions
  • Alex_cr
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    Wait? Now we’re saying objectives in a game cause addiction?

Get a grip for gods sake!
  • Saiber_Summia
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Objective that forces you to play dozens of matches (and several literally useless like SB) are not forcing a sort of addiction?
    Don’t catch why this is not plausible...
  • Gav037

In theory u right, but there are so many parents that exercise such little educational action and even not enough control...
    Clearly those objective are a powerful trigger for addiction, at least much more than with the past versions

You are right, but then again, they are the responsible for those mistakes.

FUT may trigger addiction, but if it wasn’t the case, without proper guidance, the kid will just find something else to get addicted.

Not defending EA, I know is hard to resist the temptation to spend hours and hours on an unrewarding game and I know is harder for a lot of people, but I also know that the responsibility falls into myself, not the game. If the kid doesn’t know better because of his/her age, that responsibility falls into the parents/adults.
  • Alex_cr

Objective that forces you to play dozens of matches (and several literally useless like SB) are not forcing a sort of addiction?

Because, and I know people find this hard to understand, you don’t have to do them! That’s right it’s a choice. It’s content in a game. Without content there is no game.

If you’re not doing them out of enjoyment then do not do them. Do you complain about how hard it is to complete a GTA 100%?

With regards to children - you cannot do anything about bad parenting. It has happened since day dot. But most parents are good and control their children’s lives.

Most importantly, realise that what you or others do is yours and theirs responsibility and stop trying to find someone or something to blame for literally everything. It’s embarrassing.
  • I’m liking the objectives.. gives me something to do during the week
  • Saiber_Summia

FUT may trigger addiction, but if it wasn’t the case, without proper guidance, the kid will just find something else to get addicted.

Not defending EA, I know is hard to resist the temptation to spend hours and hours on an unrewarding game and I know is harder for a lot of people, but I also know that the responsibility falls into myself, not the game. If the kid doesn’t know better because of his/her age, that responsibility falls into the parents/adults.

I see your point, and indeed it’s a plausible interpretation as well.
    It’s probably not black or white, and several causes contributes to the final effect, but in a forum discussion it probably natural to tend to simplify a bit and be more polarized in opinions...
  • Gav037

I see your point, and indeed it’s a plausible interpretation as well.
    It’s probably not black or white, and several causes contributes to the final effect, but in a forum discussion it probably natural to tend to simplify a bit and be more polarized in opinions...

I understand that the tendency is to go black or white in opinions and I get the frustration from people with the game, but most of the times acting in a “us against them” way only leads to more frustration.

I’m trying to focus on the things I enjoy of the game and I’m spending less time playing/trading and I have come to the conclusion that the best thing is to just keep spending less time until I stop completely. But it is easier said than done.
  • Arron xox
    3905 posts National Call-Up
    People wanted objective type thing in the game now they complain about it. They wanted milsteone type thing where players improved by doing the challengers now they are complaining it's a grind. EA put these in yet you still find something to moan and criticise them about get a grip
  • Fifapayne
    4313 posts National Call-Up

Imagine using the simple word “force” and not even understanding the meaning of the word. 😂😂
    Yeah, I’m forced to do the objectives while I eat my dinner. /s
  • RexAnglo1066
    3430 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    To be fair, nobody has to do them...and if you do there's plenty of time.

A couple of games a day is not too stressful.

I've completed James, and Odegaard, but will probably pass on the other two.

Personally, I think this kind of longer form objective focused gameplay is how Icons should be/have been available from the start.

It would have meant gameplay was the principle reason you owned them and not random pack drops or credit card spending.

Naturally, if you play lots and earn packs which reward an icon that's a little different; but, still, the objectives are at least a guarantee of something, instead of the flip of a coin.
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    Players being available through objectives is great, but the sudden jump in the level of the requirements is non-sensical. We have to do so much more for these players now, with far more pernickety objectives. I've completed every objective player so far, but I'm not even going to bother with Osimhen or Zaniolo, which annoys me. I know we don't HAVE to do them all, but I sort of wanted to! Really hope this isn't the way they're heading with these. I don't mind grinding and putting the time in at all, but these are just too much.
  • Hibee
    12521 posts Has That Special Something

Everything EA do in the game is trying to get you addicted. They want you to play every day, grind away and spend money to make that grind easier.

I get where people are coming from that you dont need to do the objectives, I personally dont. But of course these objectives are designed to get you (more) addicted.
  • Alex_cr
    Hibee wrote: »

Everything EA do in the game is trying to get you addicted. They want you to play every day, grind away and spend money to make that grind easier.

I get where people are coming from that you dont need to do the objectives, I personally dont. But of course these objectives are designed to get you (more) addicted.

Every game ever made is designed to make you want to play it. I don’t get the apparent surprise. That’s my point
  • Knowlesdinho
    14802 posts World Class
    At this point none of these cards are getting into my team. Even for first owner objectives I'm OK thrashing it out with sub par players.

No content = community complaining
    Loads of content = community complaining

I'm not siding with EA because they have a lot to answer for, but the community gives mixed messages half the time also.
  • Hibee
    12521 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »

Every game ever made is designed to make you want to play it. I don’t get the apparent surprise. That’s my point

You honestly think all games are designed to be as addictive as one that makes billions on in-game transactions?

• Grifan
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    the Objectives should be more bland. Even the site of chip through balls and win when people are dropping divisions is enough to just say nah never mind with this objective
  • AlexBear012
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is what lots of people dont understand:

You're not forced to do the card.

Especially for people with big teams that grind card that dont even fit their team
  • Grifan
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2020
    Frustration with the amount of time you have to spend grinding these and not doing them because of that is a valid criticism of these new objectives. People are on purposely missing the point of most of what people are saying by the same old “you don’t have to do them” response.
  • Saiber_Summia
    edited February 2020
    Fifapayne wrote: »

Imagine using the simple word “force” and not even understanding the meaning of the word. 😂😂
    Yeah, I’m forced to do the objectives while I eat my dinner. /s

Me when I’m at the toilet 😂

Professor, have you ever doubts to be not the owner of the absolute truth?
    Imagine the simple word arrogant and not being even able to understand the meaning of the word.
  • Cornushon
    5208 posts Big Money Move
    Fab wrote: »
    so go live it. nobody's holding a gun to your head telling you to get every single card released. get real

That's a problem of younger guys now. It is feeling of self entitlement on one hand, and desire to have it all, to be the best version of anything they get into. It's not how it should be I believe.
    My English is not allowing me to clearly put what I mean probably, but I hope you get me
  • Azof
    19478 posts Club Captain
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Fab wrote: »
    so go live it. nobody's holding a gun to your head telling you to get every single card released. get real

That's a problem of younger guys now. It is feeling of self entitlement on one hand, and desire to have it all, to be the best version of anything they get into. It's not how it should be I believe.
    My English is not allowing me to clearly put what I mean probably, but I hope you get me

Your point is clear, people want it all with minimal effort