Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Why no one is talking about Prime moments and possible crash?

Smsalnuaimi
1071 posts Professional
Ive been looking for videos on you tube and threads about it . I can see some here and there but not as much as I expected or even to compare to previous crash warning ?

Is it because the people who are affected will be much more less ( Only icon users ) ?
Is it because its not a crash rather than a slight decrease in price?
Is it because the players who actually use icons are the same who create fifa contact and scared about losing coins

Nevertheless I have gone through Futbin last year and only discovered that an actual crash started with the release of Carnibal in the first week of March . (PS4) Or maybe another reason Im missing ( Please list)

Neymar Carnibal card

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/19901/neymar-jr

Check out in the graph the price in the first week of March

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/1/pele

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/13088/johan-cruyff

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/9/ronaldinho

and examples goes on .

So what happen during this period for the people who actually continued to play the game ? As I stooped post fifa 17 and came back this year

Thanks

Comments

• Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    PIMs wont cause a crash as they will be out of reach for most.

That's also why there's no hype around them.

Absolutely this. Who gives a monkey's about players we'll never be able to pack or afford? You might as well start getting excited about that lottery win you're going to have at the weekend.
  • Amdp9
    4157 posts National Call-Up
    PIM will dent the prices for sure.
  • klaas9
    1035 posts Professional
    no sbc for icons so PIMS from elites will be massively overpriced
  • They should bring down prices for those prime icons first.
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1071 posts Professional
    klaas9 wrote: »
    no sbc for icons so PIMS from elites will be massively overpriced

When were the SBC released last year?
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Remember how exciting it used to be to set your sights on a top icon and work towards actually having them in your team?

Ah, those were the days...
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1071 posts Professional
    They should bring down prices for those prime icons first.

This what I expect . A correction in prices specially R9 who is currently over 12 m . Almost double as last year !
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1071 posts Professional
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    Remember how exciting it used to be to set your sights on a top icon and work towards actually having them in your team?

Ah, those were the days...

To be honest I was on PS4 in 2017 . My last experiense with FUT and Icons were only on xbox .. This is my first year with Icons . And I can afford majority of them with ease .

But yeah I do understand about the SBC's and how can you have a player in mind and build towards him .

When those SBC's were released btw?
  • Smiley_Utd
    1821 posts Play-Off Hero

100% this and its a very depressing subject!!

they really screwed us over with Icons this year!!
  • Chris2032
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect

If this is so why did TOTY cause a crash when they are even more expensive than most icons?
  • Smiley_Utd
    1821 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chris2032 wrote: »

If this is so why did TOTY cause a crash when they are even more expensive than most icons?

everyone was selling their players todo the upgrade packs? Plus TOTY always causes big crash...
  • They should bring down prices for those prime icons first.

This what I expect . A correction in prices specially R9 who is currently over 12 m . Almost double as last year !

Sadly there won’t be a real correction caused by PIM as the top tier are far out of reach. Prime Eusebio was 3.8 million this time last year. Releasing icons in batches and not releasing Primes from start of the game definitely didn’t help to bring playing with icons closer to the broad majority.
  • Chris2032
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Smiley_Utd wrote: »

everyone was selling their players todo the upgrade packs? Plus TOTY always causes big crash...
    So why wouldn't they sell to do the upgrade packs again for Prime Icons?

I'm not trying to pick holes here i'm trying to understand the point which was "They are out of reach for most people so they don't cause a crash". It doesn't make sense
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero

Sadly there won’t be a real correction caused by PIM as the top tier are far out of reach. Prime Eusebio was 3.8 million this time last year. Releasing icons in batches and not releasing Primes from start of the game definitely didn’t help to bring playing with icons closer to the broad majority.

I did Prime Eusebio's SBC last year :'( This year I'm stuck with the offerings in Swaps and the likes of 85 Pires. Is this really how it should be??
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14609 posts Has That Special Something

Because it's the biggest pack opening of the year. People saved up packs for months before TOTY.

That isn't happening for PIMs and with Icon SBCs no longer being a part of FUT these cards are just out of reach for most. They won't cause a market crash.
  • MHoney1234
    9992 posts Has That Special Something
    The packweight is so abysmal on these top end cards that it won’t even cause a ripple
  • seabo
    1507 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11

I'm not trying to pick holes here i'm trying to understand the point which was "They are out of reach for most people so they don't cause a crash". It doesn't make sense

The desirable ones are way out of reach, the likes of r9, gullit, eusebio, zidane, cruyff, pele, vieira etc will all be over 10mil each (like some of their primes already are lol) for quite a while compared to Toty cards which are mainly between 2 and 5.5 mil for similar or better stats. The top ones will likely either be max price (15mil) or extinct until towards the end of TOTS similar to last year.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14609 posts Has That Special Something

I miss the Icon SBCs so much.

Last year I ended up with Prime Eusebio, Vieira, Dinho, Best, Rio, PIM Blanc and PIM Yashin.

Won't even get close to that this year.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1821 posts Play-Off Hero

Icons aren't in upgrade packs mate, the only way to get them is through proper packs which is extremely unlikely or to buy them off them market which again is extremely unlikely unless you have a spare 15mil lying around.

that's under the assumption that's their max price it could be 20mil depending on the market.
  • Burchy
    965 posts Semi-Pro
    Seems pointless having PIM Icons, like others have said they are unreachable to most players.

No card should be 10-15million coins.

Grinding towards top icons in sbcs should of never been removed from the game
  • seabo
    1507 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also far worse drop rate than toty
  • Boommaametw3
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    No one will do a pack opening for PIM. Maybe only Castro and friends. Really dumb. Bill gates can spend all his money on those packs and not pack even one of them
  • tommyboyo
    1117 posts Professional
    I reckon they will drop something to make some of these cards at least 'seem' obtainable at some point in the game cycle.

Current situation is not actually good for them or us as it stands.

Last year, if I was grinding an SBC and I needed a few coins to buy players to finish, then I might drop a few quid on FP.

When they cost 10+ mil on the market, I am not going to be bothering, as making that kind of coinage would require half my yearly salary!!
  • Bapinho
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do think there will be a bit of price correction though. There are always people starting to panic sell and when that happens more will follow. And not just cause of PIM but also cause of the upcoming mid icon repeatable sbc. The base icon caused quite a crash as people really did sell their team to do that sbc. I can only imagine the mid one will be even more done. EA will take millions of the market with the mid icon sbc so its only logical (people have less coins liquid--> Prices will be lower)
  • Bapinho
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    Plus other then that; the market has been quite high since post TOTY. Its just a matter of time before it will go down again; either naturally or EA will find a way to do it
  • nt009
    1865 posts Fans' Favourite
    lol at everyone saying they're unaffordable for everyone

you realize there will be prime moments for everyone not only Gullit, R9 and Cruyff?
  • rmoxon
    708 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 11

I did Prime Eusebio's SBC last year :'( This year I'm stuck with the offerings in Swaps and the likes of 85 Pires. Is this really how it should be??

Pires in swaps is the 91 not 85.

To be fair that card is also underrated. I have used him in draft and IMO he’s worth as much as the mid Figo which goes for twice as much and costs more Swaps tokens.
  • MHoney1234
    9992 posts Has That Special Something

I miss the Icon SBCs so much.

Last year I ended up with Prime Eusebio, Vieira, Dinho, Best, Rio, PIM Blanc and PIM Yashin.

Won't even get close to that this year.

This year Guardiola base and Pires
  • Staxdoobie
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    rmoxon wrote: »

Pires in swaps is the 91 not 85.

To be fair that card is also underrated. I have used him in draft and he’s worth as much as the mid Figo which goes for twice as much and costs more Swaps tokens.

I know, I just meant 85 Pires was an example of one of the cheap icons I can afford to buy off the market.

I did Prime Pires SBC in 18 and remember quite enjoying him. Not going for him this time though - already taken Blanc (very good) and got my sights set on Koeman now. These are OK and all, but I do miss not being able to grind towards a proper high-end Icon that I couldn't possibly afford from the market.