Top 100 squad battles

Waldog94
3217 posts National Call-Up
How hard is it can beat the two lower teams comfortable 5-0 on legendary ( ultimate if they are really bad) never played the better teams because never been that bothered usually stick to gold rewards but might go for top 100 this week is it reachable for a average player?

Comments

• It's not difficult in terms of gameplay.

But you might want to see a psychiatrist if you actually think about playing 40+ games of squad battles.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    It's not difficult in terms of gameplay.

But you might want to see a psychiatrist if you actually think about playing 40+ games of squad battles.

This. But if you so want to play then a high line, 7/8players in the box, fast build up. AI can’t cope
  • Impressive Tackle
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d say it’s pretty hard. Aren’t they regularly scoring well over 100k points?

Would guess you’ll need to beat all 40 teams on Ultimate or most 5-0 on Legendary.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    It's not difficult in terms of gameplay.

This. But if you so want to play then a high line, 7/8players in the box, fast build up. AI can’t cope

Interesting. Didn't know this. I get E1 each week.
  • CycloMusic10
    953 posts Professional
    edited February 2020
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    How hard is it can beat the two lower teams comfortable 5-0 on legendary ( ultimate if they are really bad) never played the better teams because never been that bothered usually stick to gold rewards but might go for top 100 this week is it reachable for a average player?

To reach top 100 you have to play every single game and win 5-0 or more in ultimate, there's no other way. I played in legendary beating 5-0 almost every opponent and I didnt get any closer to the top 100 they got like 105k and I got like 95k or so.

I dont recommend you to grind for a top 100 in squad battle because the AI is so unpredictable you can beat 7-0 a 87 rated team with 100 chem, and lose 3-2 against a bronze team with 27 chem with a goal in the last minute from a guy that is a defense a have 20 shooting.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner

I dont recommend you to grind for a top 100 in squad battle because the AI is so unpredictable you can beat 7-0 a 87 rated team with 100 chem, and lose 3-2 against a bronze team with 27 chem with a goal in the last minute from a guy that is a defense a have 20 shooting.

HaHa, I remember I lost a game on legendary where a CB with 30shooting. Flicked it over my defender and pinged it into top corner.

I laughed but lost game 2-1.
  • Wyojasond
    17549 posts World Class
    51-100 isn’t a huge jump in rewards from Elite 1. I’ve been thinking of grinding towards it as well and the more I looked at it, it’s not worth it unless you get top 50. My opinion anyways. (35k extra is nice I guess)

They really need to add a level between Elite 1 and top 100 I think. E1 usually ends around 40-45k but you need 100k for top 100 🤦‍♂️ Somewhere around 75k would be good for another reward level 💁‍♂️
  • CycloMusic10
    953 posts Professional

HaHa, I remember I lost a game on legendary where a CB with 30shooting. Flicked it over my defender and pinged it into top corner.

I laughed but lost game 2-1.

That what I meant you laughed at that moment because you can't believe that your striker with WAY BETTER SHOOTING AND HEADING can't do that hahah
  • CycloMusic10
    953 posts Professional
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    51-100 isn’t a huge jump in rewards from Elite 1. I’ve been thinking of grinding towards it as well and the more I looked at it, it’s not worth it unless you get top 50. My opinion anyways. (35k extra is nice I guess)

They really need to add a level between Elite 1 and top 100 I think. E1 usually ends around 40-45k but you need 100k for top 100 🤦‍♂️ Somewhere around 75k would be good for another reward level 💁‍♂️

Great idea unfortunately they dont care about it
  • Batman442
    5985 posts Big Money Move
    This year is a lot harder, I got top 100 twice last year and once the year before. Boring alright and the rewards are definitely not worth it unless you can get into top 5
  • Ive noticed the AI has a habit of using the Ref as a third CDM on SB :D ....and forget making slide tackles against decent sides on anything above World Class ...
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    It's not that hard, I've tried it a couple of times but I can't force myself to play all those games.
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scoring 5 goals against ~65 rating and low chem on ultimate is easier than 5-0 on legendary high overall high chem imo.

Problem with ultimate is you can’t let them shoot because finishing and shoot power are boosted to 95+.

If you beat at least one squad on ultimate scoring 5 goals and other 3x on legendary you make to top100. If you don’t loose any game you can make to top 50 (if you get avg of 2600 against legendary).

Last week I lost one game on ultimate (tried to play against a 75 overall and lost on pens) but still made to top72.

Is it worth it?

NO.
  • CustardHippo
    3055 posts National Call-Up
    5-0 on legendary gets you about 2500 points if you don’t collect any bookings or offsides.

Top 100 is usually 95-100k points for the lower end. So...

4 games at 2500 is 10k
    40 games is 100k
    Add in your feature squad and TOTW squad even on beginner and that’s 103k pending you manage clean sheets every time, no bookings and no offsides.

Some of the higher rated teams though might be a bit of a chore and by the time you’re done I doubt you’ll have any sanity left to open your rewards.
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    5-0 on legendary gets you about 2500 points if you don’t collect any bookings or offsides.

4 games at 2500 is 10k
    40 games is 100k
    Add in your feature squad and TOTW squad even on beginner and that’s 103k pending you manage clean sheets every time, no bookings and no offsides.

Some of the higher rated teams though might be a bit of a chore and by the time you’re done I doubt you’ll have any sanity left to open your rewards.

Currently 105-106k to get to top100 on PS4.

Nearly impossible to make to top100 playing only on legendary. Especially because will be very hard to keep a clean sheet against all high rated teams.
  • CustardHippo
    3055 posts National Call-Up

4 games at 2500 is 10k
    40 games is 100k

Currently 105-106k to get to top100 on PS4.

Nearly impossible to make to top100 playing only on legendary. Especially because will be very hard to keep a clean sheet against all high rated teams.

Thought it might be higher, couple of weeks ago you would’ve scraped in on 100k but will change a bit. So essentially you have to play lower teams on Ultimate too. Not worth it
  • RexAnglo1066
    3435 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    Certainly, if you play on Legendary, even taking on only the 2 weaker teams, and knock it down a level to play the others, and you win most of your games, you can earn vastly superior rewards than you would winning easily on lower difficulty.

Yes, if you aren't confident then it's a risk and you might lose.

But, if you don't you'll move up much quicker.

Example;

My first few weeks I only played on Professional difficultly, and played a good amount of games, yet barely finished gold and got a paltry 7k coins and one rubbish pack.

Now, I play mostly on Legendary and the odd World Class and sometimes it's 65k, or more, plus 2, 3, sometimes 4, much better packs.

As far as breaking into top 100, it's another level of grind and requires a significantly higher level of quality from you as a player, as you need to grind out those results and always get that win...no matter how difficult the game is being, or how frustrated you get, or how confused you are that your slick, well oiled, goal scoring machine of a team from the first 2 games is now full of geriatric sloths with dodgy hips who turn like washing machines with faulty wheels and have all the situational awareness of a drunken, dizzy, teenager in noise cancelling headphones and a blindfold.