FS Palacios

Turkey_man
489 posts An Exciting Prospect
Any of you using him? Thoughts on his performance?

His stats look really good, suggest a very well rounded midfielder who could fit a number of roles.

Finally think I can improve on scream Sabitzer for my Bundesliga team so I've picked him up with Shadow in place (235k). Playing him alongside Koeman in 4-3-3 (4).

I'll let you know how I get on.

Comments

• selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Looks a great b2b CM, I'm interested in some reviews too
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks fantastic but so hard to fit into a team outside of a Bundes side as his strong links are so poor.
  • Have just linked him using Domingez and Di Maria and Lautaro Martinez. Works well with a Calcio A side with Tagliafico too.
  • My second team is bundes so he was easy to fit plus he links with Messi, Aguero, etc
    If you can link this card get him, he’s way too cheap. I slapped a hunter on him and he’s all over the pitch and scoring goals for fun. I’m having more fun using him then my first team (Neymar, Mbappe, Messi)
    I’m gonna have to find a way to fit him in my first team
  • Him and Mckennie in the midfield together is gold btw
  • Turkey_man
    Are you playing him CAM or CM?

With Shadow:
    98 Acceleration
    97 Sprint speed
    98 Stamina

He fits perfectly for me CM as I do a lot of running with my midfield tracking back and getting forward. Won't ever need to sub him.
  • jplumber
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would he work as a cdm? Currently have matthäus 91 and hl Delaney, whom I’m not really happy with as a stay back cdm.
  • Turkey_man
    HL Delaney would probably be a bit more solid as a CDM but Palacios offers much more going forward and is so much quicker and agile.
  • Turkey_man
    2 games in and early impressions are very good!

His pace is such a massive bonus.

Two standout moments have been:
    Getting to the byline with simple explosive pace variation and nothing else to setup a goal.
    Chasing down a fresh Daniel James in the 85th minute! Now that is true pace and stamina!
  • Turkey_man
    4 games 4 assists. This guy is a BEAST!

When Futmas Sanches and Acuna owners rave on about how good they are... I now know how they feel :)
  • Grifan
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diaby link also
  • Homer
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not used him yet but I’ve bought him so I can fit my untradable Messi into my Bundesliga team.

I use 451 with prime Zanetti Rb, Messi Rm, Palacios Rcam.
  • Kaptentegel
    1179 posts Professional
    Im gonna try him alongside scream sabitzer in my last 10 wl games today instead of hl Delaney in a 4231.
  • Dm06
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Palacios or FS dani Olmo? CM with HL Delaney and Futmas Havertz
  • Turkey_man
    Palacios definitely. NiF Reus is better than Olmo.
  • Kaptentegel
    1179 posts Professional
    Im gonna try him alongside scream sabitzer in my last 10 wl games today instead of hl Delaney in a 4231.

Think Im gonna go back to hl Delaney, for me Palacios feels to light on the pitch, like a feather sadly.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up

Think Im gonna go back to hl Delaney, for me Palacios feels to light on the pitch, like a feather sadly.

Probably the lean body type
  • Dm06
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    Palacios definitely. NiF Reus is better than Olmo.

NIF Reus or FS Palacios then?
  • Turkey_man
    Reus for CAM but you will have to sub him as his stamina sucks.

Palacios for CM and would probably be a good CAM if you wanted (like scream Friminho).
  • SykikJV
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Does he have a scanned face? Or a custom?
  • MDH
    50 posts Park Captain
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    4 games 4 assists. This guy is a BEAST!

When Futmas Sanches and Acuna owners rave on about how good they are... I now know how they feel :)

I’m guessing you preferred him over scream sabitzer I’ve been using sabitzer for couple of months and think he’s such an underrated card for the price he’s so good with shadow, do you think him and palacios would make a good pairing in a 4231
  • Turkey_man
    Yeah I've loved using Sabitzer and agree that he is a massively underrated card, brilliant value for money.

Palacios is definitely an improvement on Sabitzer. It's a big price difference but that step up in pace is huge and when it gets to 80+ mins that near max stamina is a God send.

Both together would be great. Very attacking, mobile and can defend well. 2 box to box midfielders.

I always prefer a balance of one more defensive, sitting midfielder and another who is box to box. If you need this balance then choose Palacios and probably either Witsel or Delaney (or go icon/hybrid to get better)

As I need to keep Koeman to play De Ligt in my Bundes team, I only have space for 1 midfielder.

Palacios is THE standout midfielder in the Bundesliga. RTTF Goretzka might be better but I don't have the coin to test.