Bring back icon SBCs - R96 double the price of last year #ICONGATE

MHoney1234
10339 posts Has That Special Something
edited February 2020
This tweet sums up the game right now

d6c701024fa0ad84993c7c5fed57c446.jpg

Yes we can grind a few lower tier icons but remember this, you will never own any top tier icons unless you miraculously pack one. In my opinion we’ve been mugged so EA can control the market.

Think about that for a minute. No Gullit, no Pele, No R9, you’ll never own these cards this year. Bring back icon SBCs
Post edited by MHoney1234 on

Comments

• LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Signed
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2871 posts National Call-Up
    Amen brotha!
  • BeefyRabouter
    6734 posts Big Money Move
    Mate next icon swaps you’ll get a great deal with base ronaldo for 24 tokens...so you get to play with the youth heroes!
  • MHoney1234
    Mate next icon swaps you’ll get a great deal with base ronaldo for 24 tokens...so you get to play with the youth heroes!

I can see it mate. Enjoy base Litmanen for 24 token.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Now there's something we do agree on. The fact all the top tier Icons are now out of reach is swaying me towards not buying the game next year. The delay is obviously the main reason but this is a close second.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yep, hate to say "told you so" but I pointed this out in September that primes and moments were going to be over the top expensive this year and got told I didn't know what I was talking about and swaps was much better.

Only way your getting more than 1 good moment is pack luck as even top traders wouldn't have 30+ MIL laying around for 2 as all metas will be 15mil each
  • MHoney1234
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Now there's something we do agree on. The fact all the top tier Icons are now out of reach is swaying me towards not buying the game next year. The delay is obviously the main reason but this is a close second.

The thing is EA claim this was done for our benefit. Other than Hazard where can you put high rated untradables. They’re even delaying the mid icon SBC because people are loaded with fodder. No firmino 5* skills to stop people making coins. It’s a scam.
    Coderood wrote: »
    Ea ware acting like removing ICON sbc's was for our advantage. With this action they proved AGAIN that this was a greedy action just to sell more FP.

That’s all it boils down to mate. How can you justify a card being 15 million coins as a card. 150k coins on average per 70 quid, so that’s £7,000 to own 1 card. Incredible
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    Signed
    Loved my fifa 18 end game team. At tots gullit was 1.5m and R9 was the same (sbc's)
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

The thing is EA claim this was done for our benefit. Other than Hazard where can you put high rated untradables. They’re even delaying the mid icon SBC because people are loaded with fodder. No firmino 5* skills to stop people making coins. It’s a scam.
    Coderood wrote: »
    Ea ware acting like removing ICON sbc's was for our advantage. With this action they proved AGAIN that this was a greedy action just to sell more FP.

That’s all it boils down to mate. How can you justify a card being 15 million coins as a card. 150k coins on average per 70 quid, so that’s £7,000 to own 1 card. Incredible

Nothing EA do is for our benefit it's all about selling FPs.
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Signed a million times over. The SBCs actually made the cards MORE attainable than ever because you could slowly submit segments as you had the cards and coins. The pack rewards were fair, compared to this year especially, and anyone doing the base or mid icon SBCs could recycle duplicates or unwanted ones via the Icon SBCs too for a jumbo rare player pack. Last year I had two icons at this point both ones I really wanted from SBCs and they were in my team even at TOTS. This year I have 4 icons but they’re only ones I took because I had tokens, so was use or lose, and 3 of them don’t even make my bench now.

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    EA always go two steps back every year. I remember they removed online singles from Fifa 13 or 14 and only way to play was online tournaments..
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • DannySTFC
    9464 posts League Winner
    Where’s that quote from EA saying they were getting rid of SBCs to make icons ‘more accessible’ to all players? What a load of utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that is.
  • yogibear
    1370 posts Professional
    This is clearly intentional. They control the droprates and with no sbcs, the sky is the limit for the top tier ones.
  • MHoney1234
    Signed
    Loved my fifa 18 end game team. At tots gullit was 1.5m and R9 was the same (sbc's)

But even though the majority had top end cards through the menu grind EA want you to be happy with a Dan James and Kubo in its place.
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Where’s that quote from EA saying they were getting rid of SBCs to make icons ‘more accessible’ to all players? What a load of utter **** that is.

Came directly from Yahsir. What it translated to was we want more money, icon SBCs are gone. You can’t even dump an icon for a 100k pack anymore.
    Signed a million times over. The SBCs actually made the cards MORE attainable than ever because you could slowly submit segments as you had the cards and coins. The pack rewards were fair, compared to this year especially, and anyone doing the base or mid icon SBCs could recycle duplicates or unwanted ones via the Icon SBCs too for a jumbo rare player pack. Last year I had two icons at this point both ones I really wanted from SBCs and they were in my team even at TOTS. This year I have 4 icons but they’re only ones I took because I had tokens, so was use or lose, and 3 of them don’t even make my bench now.

Agreed
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Where’s that quote from EA saying they were getting rid of SBCs to make icons ‘more accessible’ to all players? What a load of utter **** that is.

This quote?

“We have removed icon SBCs to make all icons more accessible to a wider audience, by putting them all in packs that you can buy*

*with a drop rate of 1 in every gazillionbillionmillionfillion from ultimate packs**

**we promise this is a real number and very attainable for all players once they are sold in market for - checks market - max BIN***

***Max BIN which we set and have just adjusted to increase the max price on top icons. Remember, we at EA care.”
  • Delvinho
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Signed

• TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    The market will literally never see a prime icon moments R9 lol
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    TDOF wrote: »
    The market will literally never see a prime icon moments R9 lol

if the only way to get him is packs
  • greggles
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    The only thing that I like about them not being in this year, I dont go against that long haired wolly every game alongside r96 and viera. which is great because I could never spend enough money to gain these SBCs last year and the year before anyways.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner

This quote?

“We have removed icon SBCs to make all icons more accessible to a wider audience, by putting them all in packs that you can buy*

*with a drop rate of 1 in every gazillionbillionmillionfillion from ultimate packs**

**we promise this is a real number and very attainable for all players once they are sold in market for - checks market - max BIN***

***Max BIN which we set and have just adjusted to increase the max price on top icons. Remember, we at EA care.”

I liked the idea of "icon swaps" but i thought we would of been able to work towards any icon we wanted.... obviously the better the icon the harder i thought it would of been

it's a good concept but horendous execution.... just like most EA things......
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t worry, they will give us all a loan of the pim’s in mid September 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Don’t worry, they will give us all a loan of the pim’s in mid September 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

yeah next september, im expecting them to give us that on fifa 19.........

just like they gave us icons for fifa 18 last year lol
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    totally agree here.
  • Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    They should've had both swaps and Icon SBCs, so people can play for the icons they want and trade for them.
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    no reason they couldnt of done swaps for the tier of icon they are doing and cost sbcs for the big boys again
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Barresh wrote: »
    They should've had both swaps and Icon SBCs, so people can play for the icons they want and trade for them.
    deang07 wrote: »
    no reason they couldnt of done swaps for the tier of icon they are doing and cost sbcs for the big boys again

@EA_Roger
    These 2 comments basically sum it up
    Not looking for a response, just pass it on plz 👍
  • Wooly1203
    3571 posts National Call-Up
    deang07 wrote: »

This would have been perfect. Taking the icon requirement out of the SBCs would have removed the price inflation on lower tier icons. We could have earned some decent players through swaps and then put our high rated cards to use on the most elusive icons. Honestly this whole thing just seems like a way for them to squeeze more money from players. Those top level icons are unattainable for 99% of us this year.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    also people didn't complain last year until they released prime icon moments, pele, r96, maradona and a few more instead of their prime icon moments versions....

purely because they were too expensive on the market and they always try to base their SBCs of market value which is dumb af.......