Chester Lee - Season 3: "Serious Lee" | Crew SC - November 2020 | Playoffs - Conf Semi Leg 1

Comments

• Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    f1twcDq.jpg

4CAYzrJ.jpg
  • Stlducks
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    A match that lived up to the name of a final. Zardes could have scored twice in regular time but at least he came through at the end with probably the hardest attempt out of his three big ones. A few close calls with the goalline clearance and the shot that hit the crossbar and just stayed out.

Congrats on the trophy, I'm sure Chester has a nice celebration planned!
  • LAboog4
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Congratulations on the trophy. I really like your stats for each club and the standings. I do not know much about the MLS but from last year's career and this one, I feel I am learning some on how the league works.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    A match that lived up to the name of a final. Zardes could have scored twice in regular time but at least he came through at the end with probably the hardest attempt out of his three big ones. A few close calls with the goalline clearance and the shot that hit the crossbar and just stayed out.

Congrats on the trophy, I'm sure Chester has a nice celebration planned!

Missed quite a few first touch shots on the cross so Zardes decided to control the pass first on his goal :) . Match was tougher than it should have been. Crew started slow, but as game progressed they assumed more control. Playoffs will be much tougher.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the trophy. I really like your stats for each club and the standings. I do not know much about the MLS but from last year's career and this one, I feel I am learning some on how the league works.

MLS is back tournament starts tonight on ESPN if available to you, although the format is not typical for MLS season due to the Corona virus...thanks China.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 10
    uqgybUE.jpg

htqSH1J.jpg

YCn1xq3.jpg
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 10
    vGGrdEw.jpg

cwriaYK.jpg
    qNhlAPZ.jpg

FZqxCKA.jpg
    WSD5l58.jpg
    Q0YbIYP.jpg
    qqekaoJ.jpg
    kM1yoon.jpg
    PvJBamG.jpg

jc2H3yV.jpg
    asPufid.jpg
  • Stlducks
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    I didn't realize you only have 1 loss all season. So many draws. Pretty easy three games coming up, I can't see anything but 3 wins unless the team is still hungover from the cup win or Chester is out getting his lap dance on game night.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I didn't realize you only have 1 loss all season. So many draws. Pretty easy three games coming up, I can't see anything but 3 wins unless the team is still hungover from the cup win or Chester is out getting his lap dance on game night.
    Only one loss but a lot of close calls. Chester has committed to a strong back line and solid keeper with Steffen. His outside backs get forward so there is some vulnerability on the counter. Can't take anything for granted, even with these last matches.

NOTE:
    Even though the game doesn't account for the Supporters Shield, I have never ended the regular MLS season with the best record, so hopefully I...er...Chester doesn't blow it. :D
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    FgJyzD8.jpg

aH2nYCr.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sz5l4MB.jpg

dFnTbz8.jpg
    HI5XVp1.jpg

CPt67s7.jpg
    LWQrjWo.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    vGGrdEw.jpg

s71Lj2k.jpg
    ooRXJa6.jpg

FZqxCKA.jpg
    3XLrxh0.jpg
    sBGBnzp.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    uqgybUE.jpg

sZBZbWA.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    X1AKlBx.jpg

70uYRNg.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    CPt67s7.jpg

Gv0na1I.jpg

vGGrdEw.jpg
    wAshgEt.jpg
    eGaCVgG.jpg
  • JoGR02
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Finally caught up with all this...I'm simply amazed Chester isn't dead yet, it's as much of an achievement as all the cups he's won. Love the graphics and the amount of detail you put into everything. The Supporter's Cup is coming home!
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 18
    JoGR02 wrote: »
    Finally caught up with all this...I'm simply amazed Chester isn't dead yet, it's as much of an achievement as all the cups he's won. Love the graphics and the amount of detail you put into everything. The Supporter's Cup is coming home!

Thanks. Chester is one of those devilishly lucky people that seem to get away with everything, although he is not a bad guy at heart. Supporters Shield is pretty much guaranteed at this point, so there is just the playoffs to win.
  • LAboog4
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Congratulations on winning your first Supporters Shield. I remember following Chester last year and it seems he has actually cleaned up his act a little bit but his past might be coming back to haunt him.

In the playoffs, is it one leg right away or is it two legs per round? I really hope you play Toronto at some point, they are in great form.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congratulations on winning your first Supporters Shield. I remember following Chester last year and it seems he has actually cleaned up his act a little bit but his past might be coming back to haunt him.

In the playoffs, is it one leg right away or is it two legs per round? I really hope you play Toronto at some point, they are in great form.

Chester had to clean up his act after the Haslam's took over the Crew and expectations were higher. Toronto will likely face off with NYCFC in the conference semifinal. Of the two, I think Chester would prefer to face Toronto as NYCFC has consistently been the harder challenge. As far as playoff format, I am still using FIFA19 with the old format, so the first round is single elimination (although the Crew will get a bye) and the next two rounds are aggregate score. In real life MLS has switched to a single elimination in all the matches.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    yXMnE0P.jpg

Interlude: October 7th, 2020

NOTE:
    Best viewed with stereo headphones...seriously.
  • JoGR02
    Nothing like a nice glass of Moet with the ol' soul selling. And biblical references. Who can blame Chester at this point?
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    JoGR02 wrote: »
    Nothing like a nice glass of Moet with the ol' soul selling. And biblical references. Who can blame Chester at this point?
    Chester has only himself to blame, that and the antics of progressive liberals. ;)
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sz5l4MB.jpg

XBS5HM1.jpg
    pbtX1Fa.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    CPt67s7.jpg

lWOnOtU.jpg
    Note:
    Columbus Crew clinches Supporters Shield and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

vGGrdEw.jpg
    bq924JU.jpg
    alw98Yj.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 31
    Sz5l4MB.jpg

tccxN6N.jpg
    1SxcBqx.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    CPt67s7.jpg

z0RzAMx.jpg

FZqxCKA.jpg
    zu65CCS.jpg
    3gg5pUT.jpg
    MrcTYiV.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    vGGrdEw.jpg

onyR6hp.jpg
    5N7sECo.jpg
  • LAboog4
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    How did you win 2-1 with 1 shot on target and 2 shots total! Crazy stats for that game but a win is a win. 1 loss all season is a great achievement, undefeated at home too! Strange to see your away record was better in terms of wins and losses though.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    How did you win 2-1 with 1 shot on target and 2 shots total! Crazy stats for that game but a win is a win. 1 loss all season is a great achievement, undefeated at home too! Strange to see your away record was better in terms of wins and losses though.

The shots anomaly is an issue with the game and not an error on my part; I've encountered it before on different FIFA versions. Also come across issue where if your team earns a shutout but the opponent scores an own goal, you will not be given the clean sheet on your team stats.
    kUpmfJ4.png
  • JoGR02
    Nice end to the regular season, 1 loss is phenomenal. 9 draws compared to 8 wins is almost impressive in itself.

How Portland didn't win that game with 15 shots is beyond me, but who cares when you're on the right side of the scoreline. Very hard to imagine anyone else winning the playoffs and beyond who isn't you.
  • LAboog4
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Virtual_K wrote: »

The shots anomaly is an issue with the game and not an error on my part; I've encountered it before on different FIFA versions. Also come across issue where if your team earns a shutout but the opponent scores an own goal, you will not be given the clean sheet on your team stats.
    kUpmfJ4.png

I didn't think it was an error on your point but didn't know if there was some weird deflection or something that led to a goal but not a shot on target. I'm not surprised it's a FIFA error. I remember in previous FIFA's when a GK would come out to catch a cross or pick up a ball it would count as a save.