Any division rivals fun?

Torn4do
1177 posts Professional
I am a Div 5 players but every game I get these days is against much better players, that added to horrendous game play is there a division where I can play against anyone my level?

There seems to be a massive gap the last few days!

Comments

• tommyboyo
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    Torn4do wrote: »
    I am a Div 5 players but every game I get these days is against much better players, that added to horrendous game play is there a division where I can play against anyone my level?

There seems to be a massive gap the last few days!

Yeah, div rivals can be miserable.

I start every game in div 5 with trepidation, especially when the other squad looks objectivy.
  • Torn4do
    1177 posts Professional
    I’ve lost 6 in a row to much much better players, it’s no fun when you haven’t got a chance to win!
  • unxius
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    They should never of put objectives in a competitive mode . It should've been in a online matches style. Like last year . They should move them to friendlies , but then loan players never lose their games .
  • greif44
    4151 posts National Call-Up
    unxius wrote: »
    They should never of put objectives in a competitive mode . It should've been in a online matches style. Like last year . They should move them to friendlies , but then loan players never lose their games .

it's just not a competitive mode any longer. They tried to return an element of competition by adding weird objectives that require you to score/assist with certain players in D4 or above, that's for untradeable pack which no one really needs as 99% of us would get Banega or Casillas from it.

Apart from that, progression in Rivals seems to be harder this year. Last year I was upper D2/lower D1, this year I'm stuck in D4. My usual WL finish hasn't changed tho (G3 with 10-12 games to go, G1 if bother to play full WL). So just play wherever you're comfortable, eventually you'll be in division that you belong to. WL is still competitive as much as it can be in this game.
  • Torn4do
    1177 posts Professional
    I just want to be able to go online , have a few games where it’s level ability and have some fun.

I don’t want to be up against superstars that have dropped leagues to take advantage.
  • Torn4do
    1177 posts Professional
    greif44 wrote: »

it's just not a competitive mode any longer. They tried to return an element of competition by adding weird objectives that require you to score/assist with certain players in D4 or above, that's for untradeable pack which no one really needs as 99% of us would get Banega or Casillas from it.

Apart from that, progression in Rivals seems to be harder this year. Last year I was upper D2/lower D1, this year I'm stuck in D4. My usual WL finish hasn't changed tho (G3 with 10-12 games to go, G1 if bother to play full WL). So just play wherever you're comfortable, eventually you'll be in division that you belong to. WL is still competitive as much as it can be in this game.

Well I was comfortable in division 5 with the odd game in Div 4 but these days it’s just seems impossible to get a level playing field!
  • greif44

Well I was comfortable in division 5 with the odd game in Div 4 but these days it’s just seems impossible to get a level playing field!

There`s 8 active swap token objectives in Rivals, so lot of people keep relegating. Don`t take it serious, again, Rivals turned into objective mode. I reckon that things will change in a week or two when most of the community is done with their grinding.
  • mway
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    I reckon that things will change in a week or two when most of the community is done with their grinding.

Lol they have been saying that since the game was released. "Next week or two everything will change". In a week or two there will be new objectives and they will continue in the lowest division possible to achive those objectives.
  • Jonboyparker
    6436 posts Big Money Move

There`s 8 active swap token objectives in Rivals, so lot of people keep relegating. Don`t take it serious, again, Rivals turned into objective mode. I reckon that things will change in a week or two when most of the community is done with their grinding.

Won’t happen I’m afraid... my friends are permanently in lower leagues ready for new objective because it makes the game easy for them.

It’s EA that did this so I don’t blame them. D5 is even worse now because top players tend to stay there so it’s easy to get to D4 for the pack and drop back down again. They just yo-yo as and when they need. Trust me, I know people that do it.

Is what it is. Like you said... don’t beat yourself up, relax and don’t take it serious. We’ll get relegated and find a level where there’s less of them and more of us. That’s how it is. Progression has gone from the game and it’s now just a objective mode. I’m not kidding myself... I’m not a top player. I really like progression and aiming for a target but targets are lost in this mode.

Also a Lower end D1 player last year and now stuck in D5, D6, D5, D6, D5, D6.......... I don’t play enough anymore to get higher.
  • greif44
    mway wrote: »
    I reckon that things will change in a week or two when most of the community is done with their grinding.

Lol they have been saying that since the game was released. "Next week or two everything will change". In a week or two there will be new objectives and they will continue in the lowest division possible to achive those objectives.

Well, I don`t play Rivals a lot, just a few games during business week, but it appears to me that most of my opponents are NOT doing swaps or objectives and using their normal team. Whenever I face first owner teams, I get a win in the majority of games, but I don`t mind to lose to a better player that relegated as I might learn something.
    I don`t understand why people are so concerned about their division, looks like the majority of community is in D6-D4, weekly rewards are pretty similar across all three divisions.
  • qarxis
    58 posts Park Captain
    I'm in Division 3 and it's so hard to get to Division 2. The last fifa game I played before 20 was fifa 18. I remember me comfortably being in div 1. I dont know whether it has to do with me skipping fifa 19 or this game being harder.
  • Cortza
    955 posts Professional
    The main issue EA needs to sort is the disparity between winning and losing in terms of rewards. The overall objective of FIFA Ultimate Team is exactly that...to build your Ultimate Team. It's a 1 year game cycle. Who cares if everyone ends up with the best players in the game because that's the whole point! Having good players with good teams get good rewards does nothing but dishearten the lesser competitive.

EA need to look at the like of CoD where you still level up regardless of how good/bad you're doing. I hate losing a Rivals game because it's essentially a waste of 20-30 minutes with little to no reward.

EA are a toxic company who want to keep their fanbase as toxic as possible.
  • sturges12345
    4237 posts National Call-Up
    Div 3 is absolutely ridiculous. The sweats on it are filthy all playing drop back and rage quitting stop you doing objecives
  • ofaroldainternet
    1072 posts Professional
    I'm struggling in div 5 too, although I keep getting my usual gold 2 in wl.
    When I play rivals I feel much worse at the game than I think I really am.
  • Roc_Xel
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reached Div 2 last week and struggling since then. HAve lots of objective players who very much seem like Div 1 players. Also, I've noted there is almost no difference in skill between Div 3 and Div 5 players, given all the relegation that's going on.
  • mway
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    mway wrote: »

Well, I don`t play Rivals a lot, just a few games during business week, but it appears to me that most of my opponents are NOT doing swaps or objectives and using their normal team. Whenever I face first owner teams, I get a win in the majority of games, but I don`t mind to lose to a better player that relegated as I might learn something.
    I don`t understand why people are so concerned about their division, looks like the majority of community is in D6-D4, weekly rewards are pretty similar across all three divisions.

In my region, one country has the servers and the other 9 don´t, so the country with the servers has a great advantage. That´s why players of that country also have better teams ( due to the best rewards in WL and Rivals ) So when they relegate we have to face not only the delay but also their better teams. That makes rivals unplayable. We can´t play WL because we face them and they have an 80% chance of winning. So we ( the ones not favored by servers ) gather in rivals lowest divisions ( 4-5-6 ) but when they relegate themselves we just face matches where we can´t control our players, turn or move. I don´t care about the rewards or the ranking. I just want a fair game, and this way it´s impossible.
  • gaz12321
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't experience it too often myself but the other day I was in Div 8 and this guy had a full Bundesliga side (good players too!) with a couple Icons so clearly going for an objective, during the game Icons just kept appearing (he subbed 3 on) and i'm just like what am I supposed to do against this, guy has clearly self relegated for this and now i'm screwed.

I was minutes away from beating the guy, he scored late on and ended 2-2 so he didn't get a win, I was fairly happy with that tbh.
  • ADZBOW
    14 posts Ball Boy
    I was hovering around division 5 with the rare drop into division 6 since Fifa 20 was released. Post update I have dropped into division 9 and struggling to get out of it. So annoying!
  • Remember the days when half the forum denied this was a thing that happened on any sort of scale? 😂
  • lalalaala
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im in Div 1 , and literally everyone plays with this overload ball side and low depth , Its impossible to score , This killed the last few fun that this game had , Today i Played 4 matches , literally there wasnt a game I gave more than 3 shots , It just kill the vibe of the game
  • Sean123_
    753 posts Semi-Pro
    I can openly admit I played 4 games with a full french first owned Ligue 1 team last night and won all 3 by having about 75% possession and winning by 1 goal.
  • Jonboyparker
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 6
    The game has become so defensive. I’m playing people that have no shots in the first half. I pressed pause after 15 mins to change it up and the ball didn’t go out of play until half time 😂 0-0. I couldnt break him down. Should of knocked it out myslef but I’m stubborn. Thankfully my knocking on the door got through 2nd half with a 1-0 win.

The lack of shots was noticeable but even worse than that was I had 15 tackles to his 2! Defending is way too assisted.
  • Salvatori
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its a joke really. I have a nice team and just want to go on midweek and play some fifa against guys (and girls) my own level - i am fine losing some games, wining some games, losing some more etc.

But its just pointless. I was Div 4 which is about my level, but dropped to 5 whilst trying my best to do objectives. Now every single game is against clearly vastly superior players doing objectives.

IT has reached the point where i am just quitting if i go 1 down against someone who is clearly relegated. Its just no fun at all.

Sad state of affairs when WL is actually your best chance of getting an even game of fifa