The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

James Chip Shot Help...

alvchong
1188 posts Professional
When playing Semi-Pro, the SB keeper doesn't rush out..... i have done many without the keeper rush out and it doesn't count.

Comments

• The_Faries_76
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    The card is trash, forget about it.
  • BeastlyHusla
    5651 posts Big Money Move
    Try going at an angle
  • Turkey_man
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Might be easier on a higher difficulty setting.

I've always found chip shots to be a good way of finishing when you are very close to the keeper and you tap shoot so chip over as the keeper dives at the players feet.
  • Carter90
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 5
    I just squared it to James as the keeper came for the ball and chipped it into an empty net. Worked a treat.
  • DannySTFC
    2875 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was just spamming the ball to James and approaching the goal keeper and endlessly attempting chips until it worked, only against 60-70 rated sides though, just makes it a bit easier.
  • alvchong
    1188 posts Professional
    Just did it. Wasted 3 matches at semi pro so boring, when the keeper doesn't rush out, and the game won't register if the keeper don't get cheated by your shot over the top.
  • V l u m s d e n
    1914 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keep it on semi pro, use the analog sprint the keeper seemed to come out while I was doing it. Run at an angle then chip it over the gk into a far corner. I scored it with ease doing it this way. And a free card for which you can upgrade for free is never an awful card.
  • Retropoe82
    948 posts Professional
    I did mine in the 6yrd area. 1st attempt all i did was dribble through then chip. It counted an didnt go over the keeper but slightly to the side.

I did use a shooting boost if it helps
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's very easy on semi pro. Just get through 1v1 with keeper and keep going towards him and at the last minute he will run off his line and gently chip the ball over him. It's actually very easy
  • Al_HFX
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Take a penalty with him, chip shot top corner. It registers if the keeper dives on the same side. I did it on the first try
  • KilleenSweep
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have chipped 4 goals directly over the keeper with him diving at my feet and it won't register. I have chipped about 12 more to the side of the keeper and those also haven't counted. On XBOX we're talking about holding shoot + LB right? My God.
  • DFC1983
    1221 posts Professional
    EA Clearly didn't learn from the last lot of chip/driven shot objectives.
  • Gone Postal
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    I managed it in first game on semi pro. When clean through just hit a deft chip shot, the keepers are so bad it beats them, I may just have got lucky though
  • Cmiz
    921 posts Professional
    It’s easy play against a bronze team get to the pen spot chip it takes a couple of attempts easy tho I was worried about it but was easy and as for the card not being worth it he is mint well worth the effort
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Almost certain I got mine from a chipped pen.

But it's pretty easy to be honest. Just go into the box where you'd do a normal shot and chip to the far corner like a normal shot.

Even easier but sometimes doesn't count just wait for the keeper to rush.
  • Brustring1893
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 5
    Also did a chipped pen. Didn’t count. Also scored a few “over the keeper”. Didn’t count. Can’t be bothered trying anymore today evening. These kind of objectives are so inconsistent in counting and frustrating. They should actually add a feature (like the ps trophies), so it shows you ingame as soon as you have accomplished one of the objectives.
  • RA22Y
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also did a chipped pen. Didn’t count. Also scored a few “over the keeper”. Didn’t count. Can’t be bothered trying anymore today evening. These kind of objectives are so inconsistent in counting and frustrating. They should actually add a feature (like the ps trophies), so it shows you ingame as soon as you have accomplished one of the objectives.

Any objective where you have to rely on luck is frustrating. Same with headers or volleys with a certain player. The number of times you think it is perfect for a header and your player lashes in a spectacular volley is not funny.
  • Pedromartinezz14
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm having terrible luck getting james volley ad he keeps heading them instead lol
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm having terrible luck getting james volley ad he keeps heading them instead lol

Pass the ball to him and flick it up with right stick then volley. That worked pretty easy for me.