The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Odegaard is just silly

Mmandras
2974 posts National Call-Up
Difficulty for 87 card is overboard comparing to everything we had until now.

It's not that hard to get 85, unlock 84 on beginner and than score/assist couple of goals.. but after that, it's a rabbit hole of nightmare objectives.

9 goals and a win alone for average CAM card can be nerve wrecking, but it's just a matter of time, I figured.

Lob pass is another story. And you need six. I spent good number of games and failed to complete just one.

Whoever came up with finesse objective on the top of it, with 3* wf... can really go and design escape rooms, or some other sadistic form of entertainment.

And just when you thought enough is enough, there's also score + assist combo.

At the end of that hellish road is the worst valued SBC in a history of FUT.

Is it some kind of social experiment, to see how far would we go for objectives?

Oh yeah, timing is also perfect, when everybody have must-win bloodlust trying to complete icon swaps.

Comments

• Skywalker XVII
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Havent completed him yet but won most of my games yesterday and really like the way he plays, faced a couple of others who was going for the same objective so some attacking games with space for lobbed through balls.

Perfect to try and get him now when everybody is using worse teams to get icon swaps.
  • tommyboyo
    1118 posts Professional
    I don't get it at all.

And then, after all the ball-breaking work, you can put him in the special SBC to get an untradeable rare players pack and a guaranteed Mark Bartra.

Madness.
  • YNWA008
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Struggling to even get the 85. Playing him at cam and my man never enters the box or anything. 2 goals In 6 games with him
  • rmoxon
    860 posts Semi-Pro
    YNWA008 wrote: »
    Struggling to even get the 85. Playing him at cam and my man never enters the box or anything. 2 goals In 6 games with him

His work rate is crap. You need to put him up front to score with him.
  • yogibear
    1370 posts Professional
    The clue is to run down the wing, cut in early and then lob through pass towards the middle right outside the penalty box and then either volley it in or do a Maradona through 10 defenders. Yes it works.
  • Gnomenclature
    5083 posts Big Money Move
    I've got his 85... I'm thinking I'll stop there. It's not like he's an end game card - in fact, he's just too weak for this fifa.

He will only ever get in my objective la liga squad anyways... maybe if I'm bored 3-4 weeks from now I'll work on him again.
  • Tasch
    469 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I finished him tonight. A nightmare to complete, but I did it. Going to stop playing for a few days, think 36000 rival points is enough to hit the elite rewards. BTW, EA, I’m keeping all 4 cards of him...
  • Mmandras
    I've got his 85... I'm thinking I'll stop there. It's not like he's an end game card - in fact, he's just too weak for this fifa.

He will only ever get in my objective la liga squad anyways... maybe if I'm bored 3-4 weeks from now I'll work on him again.

Yep, I already have Ziyech that is way better and was 3 times easier to get. Similar card because he also have poor weak foot, and left footed.
  • BecksRightPeg
    1212 posts Professional
    I just got the 85 done combined with the la liga swaps...strange enough was easier than I thought as I did in 5 games.

But the 87 requirements are a joke. They are over the top for what you are getting. 90 Ziyech is a much much better card and those requirements were fair imo.

Also what is with the 50k untradebale pack lol. Some people on the forums have actually done the pack...which I find baffling. All that grind for a 50k untradebale pack...why?
  • Safehands84
    4006 posts National Call-Up
    I've stopped at the 85, 2 cards for sbc fodder
  • Mmandras
    I just got the 85 done combined with the la liga swaps...strange enough was easier than I thought as I did in 5 games.

But the 87 requirements are a joke. They are over the top for what you are getting. 90 Ziyech is a much much better card and those requirements were fair imo.

Also what is with the 50k untradebale pack lol. Some people on the forums have actually done the pack...which I find baffling. All that grind for a 50k untradebale pack...why?

Because they are pack addicts? The only possible explanation.
  • Safehands84
    4006 posts National Call-Up
    I did the 80 one subbing on while do sb token and the 84 getting my la liga. I sandwiched the 85 into my prem team using an icon and king to link but got the 4 wins without getting any of the goals or assists so just abandoned him. Not worth all that effort. If token weren't out than I would do the grind but not with all the tokens available
  • Mmandras
    edited February 4
    Truth be told, "line breaker" and "finishing touch" could be done in a single game with another player doing the same objective, since they don't require wins or separate games, but good luck finding opponent with 85 Odegaard and not playing for a win.
  • Gone Postal
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    I will aim to get the 85, no way am I grinding to get the 87, could be there forever trying. All his cards seem too weak to be regular starters so really not worth it
  • Thunder001
    611 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 4
    I did the 80 one subbing on while do sb token and the 84 getting my la liga. I sandwiched the 85 into my prem team using an icon and king to link but got the 4 wins without getting any of the goals or assists so just abandoned him. Not worth all that effort. If token weren't out than I would do the grind but not with all the tokens available

Did the same pretty much, used the 80 as a sub in SB, the 84 and 85 are in my swap teams, I'm using king in the prem team to link and haland in the serie a and Bundesliga teams.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6196 posts Big Money Move
    I got all the objective cards so far in fifa20....this is the first one i won’t bother...too much grind really.
  • oldboiler
    2403 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m just doing the rival objectives as I go through the online swaps. Stuck a CAM>CF on him and it’s not been a chore at all yet, probably about half way through with minimal effort
  • Staxdoobie
    1653 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's an absurd objective. We needed 5 wins and 3 lobbed through balls with ANY Eredivisie player to get a 90-rated Ziyech. I've done every single objective player so far, but if this is the way forward for these, I'm absolutely done with them. Count me out.

Why do they have to push it all the time, constantly testing the limits of our patience like this? This is supposed to be a game, and with the exception of Politano they still haven't managed to come up with an objective that has been genuinely fun to do. Come on, EA. Do better at this stuff!
  • Mmandras
    I got all the objective cards so far in fifa20....this is the first one i won’t bother...too much grind really.

Me too! Usually when it looks too hard, you kind of start slow one by one, and half way realize it is doable in a reasonable timeframe. I'm not even close with this one.

Guess I'm going to settle with 85. It's not that bad, and will help me with BBVA objectives in the future.

Maybe it would be worth a shot to try and find opponent doing the same objective. I might even go desperate with cooperation and turn on "messages from non friends" over PSN.
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up
    I'm shocked people are actually doing it
  • CustardHippo
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got the 84 easy enough by sticking the 80 on as a sub up front in SB.

Took the 84 to DR with my first owner La Liga side, got 4 wins for the swap tokens in 7 games and noticed I had done the assist in 2 and score 4 objectives.

Looked at the objectives for the 87 and with no more La Liga token to go for decided that I was not going to bother. To be honest he doesnt actually fit my team, wouldnt make the bench either and although I like the card design that doesnt quite cut it this time.
  • BadSeedsFC
    986 posts Professional
    edited February 4
    I told ya. That kid Odeegard is kind of silly. He has to take things more seriously if he wants to become a legend in the football history.
  • ItsWideRight
    928 posts Professional
    Comparing him to Ziyech you see how ridiculous the objectives are. Ziyech is a better card was easier to get and easier to link aswell.
  • FCBlunt
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    I'm shocked people are actually doing it

Wanted to do them, thought it thru and let it go. lol

Way too complicated for an 87