Should I be happy being rubbish?

TeamMushroom
58 posts Park Captain
So I don’t know any skill moves and can’t be bothered to learn them, spend no money on FIFA points and only play enough to qualify for WL every few weeks.

Should I be happy being a Div 5/6 player and scraping to 11-14 wins when I do play? I hate the idea of spamming skill moves and would rather play one dimensional football and have fun.

Thoughts?

Comments

• DIXON THFC
    3788 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think happiness comes in to it these days, I ask myself why I do this to myself nearly ever weekend and I don't have the answer...

Addiction is a strong thing to battle though.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    Skill moves are for posers and arent actually anything to do with how good you are at the game.

Just play how you want, football is suppose to be about playing the way you believe the game should be played.
  • Chavez76
    9867 posts League Winner
    depends..
    Are you happy playing the game, and not too fuzzed about winning or loosing?
    Then: Yes, be happy :)
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    You dont need skill moves to get better than a D5 player

It's about decision making and making the smart choice
  • Jdizzle
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2020
    You might get an extra win or two but learning skill moves won't change much lol. Also prepare to get frustrated when the skill moves don't register.
  • DIXON THFC
    3788 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2020

No, you need to hope and pray you get a run of games where you don't play a division 1/2 player in division 5. Something that's not possible tbh.

• TeamMushroom
    58 posts Park Captain
    It’s interesting that you mentioned addiction, I reckon I used to be addicted to the idea of getting to G1/2 and it used to frustrate the crap out of me, so I played more and got frustrated more.

I’m still addicted to pack opening, but I think it changed a bit for me when trolls keep messaging you to tell you how crap you are... I know haha!

Yeah I reckon I’m happy being rubbish and it’s actually pretty refreshing to see positive comments on here instead of “git good” and “ha div 6 is for losers”
  • lfcsuiteynwa
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I dont think skill moves are required to be a D5 player. To me the hardest players to play against are the ones who defend well and seamlessly move/pass the ball. I enjoy playing against kids that know a lot of skill moves and just flaunt it.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    DIXON THFC wrote: »

No, you need to hope and pray you get a run of games where you don't play a division 1/2 player in division 5. Something that's not possible tbh.

I'm generally a D2 player (although bottom of D1 right now).

I played some games this week at my cousins house, He's pretty new to Fifa, 84 overall team in D5, cheap gold meta players.

We played maybe 10-15 games, some god squads, some not, but not one player who was better than D5 standard. I think folks just use that as an excuse for losing. Losing to a good does not mean someone relegated.

(Yes, I realise the hypocracy in this post).

Maybe it's you.
  • Liz_The_W1z
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    Diego is rubbish and he is ok with it
  • BruceLeeHarding
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm crap but still enjoy it. It can be annoying sometimes when your players bring their lead boots to a game but if I get too annoyed I'll play some Squad Battles or against a friend so its less silly.

I've definitely come up against some silly good players that are way above the Division I'm in. It's either that or I'm occasionally punching above my weight. (When I'm not getting destroyed)