The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Can EA Recover VOLTA?

Its widely known VOLTA isn't great. It was a good idea, that was poorly executed, and even moreso poorly supported.

- Not much player variety (this is in relation to skills/attributes. Clothing customization is great personally)
- Controls are wonky at best. I get it, its meant to be arcade-ish, but controls can still improve.
- EA Sports fails to address major bugs with the mode (The most glaring one being the 8+ foot tall goalie. Seriously EA, how many posts does it take, with people complaining about it, before you actually fix this dumb issue. Everyone is complaining (except the idiots that take advantage of it, and you sit back and do absolutely nothing. Kind of disgusting..
- AI still need vast improvements. They are...okay at best. They still lack some basic fundamental intelligence. Reffing Futsal in real life, I've seen 10 and 11 year olds play better Futsal then these AI.

Those are the glaring obvious issues that I have noticed playing the mode. Truth be told, I haven't played it much cause its so off-putting to have to deal with the goalie issue. Its game-breaking, at the very least, and nothing has yet to be done with it after months.

The real question though is, can VOLTA be saved? At its base, it is quite unique concept. I enjoyed it for a while when it first came out, and it could really be a great and different thing to keep going into the future. It's great to be able go from full on soccer, to a faster paced, more technical type of game play.

With some actual care, passion, and attention given to the mode, I feel it can be saved. But seeing how EA doesn't really give a single damn about the most obvious of issues, I have to say that this was just a gimmick, that EA will just put into the bin, instead of giving it any decent support/time to actually develop into a keeper for the franchise. VOLTA is what got me interested in Futsal, whether that be watching it, playing it, or now being involved as an official for the game. I'd really hate to see it go, but at this point in time, I can't say it will get any better sadly.

Comments

• giant keepers are destroying the mode, unbelievable that EA doesnt fix this
  • Der Tooldoktor
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 15
    XioGShep wrote: »
    Its widely known VOLTA isn't great. It was a good idea, that was poorly executed, and even moreso poorly supported.

- Not much player variety (this is in relation to skills/attributes. Clothing customization is great personally)
    - Controls are wonky at best. I get it, its meant to be arcade-ish, but controls can still improve.
    - EA Sports fails to address major bugs with the mode (The most glaring one being the 8+ foot tall goalie. Seriously EA, how many posts does it take, with people complaining about it, before you actually fix this dumb issue. Everyone is complaining (except the idiots that take advantage of it, and you sit back and do absolutely nothing. Kind of disgusting..
    - AI still need vast improvements. They are...okay at best. They still lack some basic fundamental intelligence. Reffing Futsal in real life, I've seen 10 and 11 year olds play better Futsal then these AI.

You do know that the points you mentioned, apart from the player variety, are major issues for all game modes?

- Controls are wonky at best.
    The controls are wonky at best in every game mode. Only on Volta it shows more, because of it's more arcadish and the smaller pitch size make the gameplay more chaotic
    - EA Sports fails to address major bugs with the mode
    Apart from ultimate team, all game modes have tons of major bugs that they're not fixing, as they more or less want to force you into playing ultimate team
    AI lack of any kind of intellegance, but 99% of Fifa lacks of any form of intelligence in general