Top 10 Tips to play better

LordVader
98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Now I've got some great ideas and information on setting up my team, my son and I actually need to learn to play the game :smile:

I've looked at many YouTube channels on tips and tricks but they are all focused on XBox and Playstation, Is the Switch game similar enough that the information there is relevant or is there any good reference guides exclusively for Switch on-line? Do the in-game tutorials help? I'm not looking to be a Div 1 player not even close, just looking to be a decent casual player and teach my son to play as he loves playing the game. Sometimes we match up against people in Div 9 and 10 (two of us on the same team) and have trouble. I'm only in Div 7 in Single Player online Season (with Arsenal). In FUT, we have only had a few games so far (Div 10).

Comments

• ChappellRovers
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 28
    It is a different game engine to playstation/xbox being pre-frostbite I am not sure YouTube will help you that much. I would just say play slow - don’t sprint too much off the ball or in your half, otherwise you get carved up by passes. Crossing is a fine way to score - it isn’t on playstation/xbox. Always try and keep your defensive line don’t rush players out of it unless you have quick defenders. Instructions are important unless you have CDM’s (Which you can put on stay back) you should put your full backs to stay back on attack. I personally don’t use skill moves but they seem effective. We can have a game if you are on at a similar time or join discord for FUT Switch and I can invite you into the one I was invited to a week or so ago - it is a lot more active than here and someone on there played me 4/5 times to identify where I was going wrong, since they did I have moved fro Div 3 to Div 1.
  • LordVader
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We can have a game if you are on at a similar time or join discord for FUT Switch and I can invite you into the one I was invited to a week or so ago - it is a lot more active than here and someone on there played me 4/5 times to identify where I was going wrong, since they did I have moved fro Div 3 to Div 1.

That would be awesome! I am not even a good player so there will be a lot of material to work with :) I'm still not sure how to control the defense as you are only controlling one player at a time so you let the AI do the work? The player instructions wasn't that clear to me either. I remember in one evenly matched game, I went down 2-1 with about 30 mins left, then suddenly he had a wall of 6 defenders all staying back and I just couldn't get through. I got to the setting page, but it was a bit overwhelming and I couldnt' seem to set up a custom defensive shape for example.

• ChappellRovers
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    I do it in the tactics in the squad menu, if you go to player instructions it helps. Direct message me on here when your ready to play, if you send me your discord details i can add you into the discord group.