Casual players, what excites/motivates you to play the game?

d3b4s1s
628 posts An Exciting Prospect
This is only my second(first proper) year of FUT. I started with early access, played enough for weekly rewards, grinded for objective player/swaps, spent coins carefully. Got so many good cards, built up good teams and over a million coins to spare but when it comes to the actual ‘playing the game’ i simply don’t feel excited.

Partly coz the gameplay is bad 8 out of 10 times and partly coz the outcomes of the games have little to do with what I do while playing.

Winning/losing by randomly occurring undeserved events is not something I enjoy, which seems to be the very basis of this game.

What motivates/excites you to play?

Comments

• lucas
    4987 posts Big Money Move
    Objectives
  • mway
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    d3b4s1s wrote: »
    This is only my second(first proper) year of FUT. I started with early access, played enough for weekly rewards, grinded for objective player/swaps, spent coins carefully. Got so many good cards, built up good teams and over a million coins to spare but when it comes to the actual ‘playing the game’ i simply don’t feel excited.

Partly coz the gameplay is bad 8 out of 10 times and partly coz the outcomes of the games have little to do with what I do while playing.

Winning/losing by randomly occurring undeserved events is not something I enjoy, which seems to be the very basis of this game.

What motivates/excites you to play?

I´ve built a team with current and former players of my favourite team in real life. I particularly enjoy when I beat people with better teams and they probably wonder how my 77 midfielder plays like an icon :D I´ve played with this team last WL and I got a nice result. Now I just play with them. I make 1 or 2 changes every match so I can play with all the players and try different formations. I don´t care my division rivals ranking or WL place anymore. :)
  • Basket
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I do objectives for the special players .. i dont care if i loose since i've been in div 9/10 since the start (was div7 in fifa19).
    WL i played 3 times sofar .. been at 2000 points for over a month now but dont feel the need to trade em in.

So yea i just log in for the objectives, finished the season already (lvl 20).
  • Hubbabubba
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    Trying lots of different players has been what kept me going. But now i have lost so much in EA tax that it's not really an option anymore :/
  • CustardHippo
    2862 posts Fans' Favourite
    Making unique teams, League SBCs (which have sort of died this year), trading. Erm. Yeah mostly that. I like to collect the cards too.
  • Fatmanc
    1333 posts Professional
    I play when the missus is at work cos theres nowt good on the telly lol

I also like trying/collecting all the untradeable cards - it reminds me of the old panini sticker albums
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1156 posts Professional
    edited January 28
    Addiction, lol

I'm a footy fan, so I like to play, even when gameplay is disappointing
  • DeanoZoff
    4704 posts National Call-Up
    There are no casual players in this forum
  • RileyD
    1786 posts Fans' Favourite
    Love a player SBC so I can have a unique team and if I can do the player objectives with minimal tweaks to my team then great.

I don't bother with Weekend League as I just don't have the time and I usually play 2 or 3 Rivals games a day for a but of fun, if you can call it that haha
  • Gogs
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My goal was to be better than last year.
    That means at least Gold 2 in WL and to be competitive and comfortable in div4 in rivals. I reached it with very average team, played around 500-600 games this fifa.
    Despite the fact that i am playing better and winning more games since the latest patch i don't like it at all. Playing less every day and going back to gym.
    Another good games waiting also. Enough fifa for now.
  • Tristan_Pecan
    731 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 28
    Boredom really. FIFA is the only game I can play throughout the year. Besides FIFA, every game I purchase I get bored after 2 weeks. And I mean every game. So I decided to just save my money.
  • Objectives and trying out new players and teams.

Just built a nice all Spanish silver Team with 73 Adama.

Will use on Div 5 and this weekend league
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gradually upgrading my squad, enjoy progression although it becomes tedious when the jump to the next upgrade is quite high, I normally just start another team from a different league when that happens to keep the coins out of my view because I have a bad habit of wasting coins on packs.
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    The thought of packing r94
  • Malg
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing really, maybe play 4 games a week now, can't see me playing much more. Used to love it now it's just a horrible game. Last fifa always seem to play players at my level now not a chance.
  • Update... Won a couple games with my silver Spanish team in D5.

Games were fun to beat Messi and friends
  • Invincibility
    4653 posts National Call-Up
    Breakup! If you know you know :D
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Objectives, new icon swaps, weekend league, that’s it I think!
  • LoPo9
    1179 posts Professional
    Playing with Icons
  • Staxdoobie
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    FIFA is basically a habit for me. I’ve loved playing football games since Match Day on the Spectrum, and this just happens to be where it’s all ended up. I like collecting the cards and constantly building new teams, and if you stick an Objective in front of me, I’m doing it whether I want the card or not.

I like what OP says about losing matches to randomly occurring events, it’s a succinct way of putting it. And it does make you wonder what the point of it all is really. I’m not ever going to improve at my age; it takes me months to adjust to each new FIFA, and my win ratio is abysmal.

I need constantly feeding with new content, or I lose interest. So that. The new content keeps me playing. Even Loic bloody Remy.
  • pekkaa88
    6603 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 28
    Nothing. Like 5 times a week I start a rivals match.. Play like 2 minutes, realize I have 2 second delay like always and then I just quit before I get pissed..
    Post edited by pekkaa88 on
  • They Caged Non
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Nailing try hards who constantly switch formations, use OP players, pause at the start etc.. makes me smile that I just rock up and play.

I still can’t work out how people who are so invested in the game are messing about in div 6, I’d give up.

Also I just play it to kill time a couple of times a week.
  • GoonerJoe88
    1124 posts Professional
    Icons and alcohol.
  • Thejuves
    1138 posts Professional
    I'm doin wl this fifa almost every week maybe missed 4 so far but at first I was doin silver 3 just for a few packs ,but once I did my team I went gold 2 from now on I'm get 14 wins and stop .
    Packed some decend stuff did 2 red 11 player upgrade got van dijk and c cr7 so my team is almost game ending for me at least.

I smoke and play lol that's how I get it done ,smoke and enjoy my free time

P.s. lately I been trying to do objective player and swap icon but I'm learning that that stress me out if I do a good player I did the cb from ligue wasnt that hard but icon swap is being a pain in the arrso

So I might keep doing them but not all just the online ones as I find more easy to beat a regular human being than a fukcin squad battle shut so yea that's my story

Who ever feel the same hit me up we should add and help each other with easy objectives only

Love u all.
  • Batman442
    4804 posts Big Money Move
    Objectives and free packs
  • Torn4do
    1040 posts Professional
    Very simple....... a good connection with passes working, tackles not benefitting the attacking team, players not stuck in the mud!!
  • NinthFall
    1595 posts Fans' Favourite
    Objectives, building the 'ultimate team' and making money.

I'm really a career mode fan more myself though
  • Knowlesdinho
    13059 posts Has That Special Something
    I used to consider myself a casual, but as someone has already said, "there are no casuals on this forum".

What motivates me is usually the theme of my team. I'm usually focused on an Icon or a league. This year it's Pirlo who features in every game possible.

I try to improve my game as much as possible whilst accepting my limitations. Could I play better if I played meta? Absolutely, I know I could, but what's the fun in that?

The fun comes for me by outplaying people that rely on certain mechanics, or meta which happens quite often.
  • HardysPatch
    457 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The only thing that motivates me to play is literally the objectives, I like having a "reason" to play as such.
  • Renamed12345678
    409 posts Sunday League Hero
    Free objective that does not require a win