Making coins on Switch FUT

LordVader
97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hi all, I'm new to the game and looking for ideas on the best way to make coins on the Switch version. I've been doing some research and it appears most of the methods for the big version of the game don't apply on the Switch. I found this article which was for FIFA 18 but I presume most of the methods still apply.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFAswitch/comments/8b7pt8/how_to_make_coins_in_fifa_switch/

I also found this for the main version of the game

https://www.fifauteam.com/basic-trading-methods-fifa-19-ultimate-team/

All the live SBCs are well out of my range at the moment with a 78 rated starter team so what are the best options you've found to grind towards a decent size of coins? Note that I am in the USA (East Coast) so I can't be online between the prime hours of 8pm and midnight UK time. The best I can do is 11pm UK time when I get home from work but generally it's 3-4am UK time I'll be online when kiddos are asleep.

Comments

• ChappellRovers
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 27
    I do bronze pack method, position modifiers and chemistry cards. 84th in the world for transfer profit. I posted a detailed guide somewhere i will see if i can find it. My squad is 88 rated now. I am a moderately incompetent player though 😂😂
  • ChappellRovers
    Hi all,

New to fifa forums but I have been playing Fifa on the switch since 18 edition. I have never played FUT on anything else so cant speak for other versions. First off if you are struggling with the passing change the settings in controller settings. You want semi or no passing guidance then you have more control. Same goes for shooting and crossing. Below ill talk about transfer profit as i am ranked #52 in the world (4.2 million coins) and I have only put in £10 worth of nintendo points (i was ranked #52 at the time of writing now ranked #84). I am in single player Div 1 and online div 6 (just starting now). (Div 1 online now).

Step 1 - Bronze packs. Cheapest method of making a killing. Leg cards go for 1,200 - 2,000 easy for the serious players. All other injury cards for 200, same as all injuries go for 2k. Rare bronze contracts 200. Player fitness 200 and squad fitness 600-900. Training cards apart from Goalkeeping ones all go for 500. Any premier league/top division player goes for 800 minimum. I once sold an A-Madrid bronze player for 10k and Ross Gilmour three times for 10k each time. All other bronze players i put on for 200 for three hours if they don’t sell they go in the Bronze upgrade and I save the silver untradeables for SBC’s. I save the standard bronze contracts for my team (i sell all other contracts - currently have 850 bronze contracts spare) and quick sell everything else. There are a lot of Japanese players so all kits, badges, players from Japan I sell for a fortune - regularly get 10k for Japanese rare bronze players particularly when there aren’t any others on the market. I just buy standard 400 coin bronze packs. It is very easy at least to get your 400 coins back each pack.

Step 2 - Silver packs. No one buys them at all the only competition you get is from SBC’s. Same as above some premier league players e.g. Daniel James, Choudrary go for 10k. Same as some Japanese Rares. Only buy the standard 2,500 packs as it is very easy to get your money back or make a profit.

Step 3 - position modifiers/chemistry. Some people auction them it is best to buy as many as possible on auction, as they are only added to the market when people buy gold packs. You basically never get them in the SBC’s. On some positions I control about 80% of the market CM-CAM, RW-RF, LW-LF and all other wing cards. All get me in some cases 600-700% profit. Some guy controls CF-CAM at 4,000+ well jealous of him. You get a massive up turn in purchases after the various marquee match ups and other SBC’s. Same with chemistry any special pace cards go straight for 8-15k instantly apart from Catalyst. All others i buy for 150 and sell for 500-1000 apart from Hawk which some other guy controls.

Step 4 - Buy premier league, Serie A and La Liga gold players at discard price. Anything like Man U, Juventus, Real madrid etc. Are always needed in SBC’s. Any full backs and wingers are guaranteed money makers.

That is it anyway. How I made 4,012,829 transfer profit and am ranked 53 in the World (now 7.5 million/#84th in the world). It doesn’t take much time i tend to do it when I am smoking set a timer for when the auction ends and pop on during advert breaks.
  • ChappellRovers
    edited January 27
    Edited it a bit because i wrote it in November lol. You may want to adjust some of the times you list for as I am in the UK. - just saw it was you lol, sorry for repetition from the other post!

Just for example - I made 12k last night overnight doing the Bronze Pack Method/step 1 above.
  • LordVader
    Many thanks again! Definitely will try this tonight. I am also curious how prices differ from the main platforms. Do players go for similar prices? On FUTBIN, PC is higher but where does the Switch rank so I can an idea what price to list players? For example, last night, I listed all the players I don't need by just doing a compare on all other cards for the same player and made a determination from that.
  • ChappellRovers
    LordVader wrote: »
    Many thanks again! Definitely will try this tonight. I am also curious how prices differ from the main platforms. Do players go for similar prices? On FUTBIN, PC is higher but where does the Switch rank so I can an idea what price to list players? For example, last night, I listed all the players I don't need by just doing a compare on all other cards for the same player and made a determination from that.

I would just compare the prices as you did. Generally speaking everything goes for a lot higher on the switch than any other version of the game. Some stuff isn’t bought unless it is for SBC’s so on Thursday 6PM GMT all the prices go up considerably for Marquee Matchups. Other stuff is in demand so much you can sell it for max price, anything 84 rated or above usually goes for close to max price for player SBC’s so it just depends. Usually i just compare the prices and undercut by 50 coins. Everything usually sels eventually. A lot of the LB/RB and LM/RM LW/RW players go for at least a 1000 because they are rarer than CM/CB/ST.
  • LordVader
    Great, thanks, i think i'll continue with the compare and undercut by 50 which is exactly what I was doing. I'm interested to get home to see what has sold. My son and I played a few games yesterday and my wife is already complaining. I think she is getting Zelda BOTW flashbacks as that took up all my "free" time. My time to play FIFA could be limited. Such as shame there is no companion app so I can do this stuff on my commute or over lunch.

I was reading about the Offline and Online Draft Mode today, does anyone do that? Is it worth it for the rewards you get after 4 wins? I know my son would love to play with a loaded team. We set it up in FUT 19 but could never get a game (I must have missed the offline option).
  • ChappellRovers
    edited January 27
    Offline drafts the rewards aren’t worth it even if you win 4 games. Online drafts it is very hard to win 4 games (I haven’t in 22 attempts), it is easy enough to get your 15k back though even if you go out in round 1/2. Tend to find a game instantly on that as well. The rewards on online for winning two games are the same as offline winning 4 games. Everything usually sells eventually.

Loved BOTW, amazing game.
  • In this period, it could be good to invest in blue special card, as there could be an champions’ league challenge soon (last version it was :trade 12 special UEFA card for a special untradable card). Many of them are sold less than 700, and you can find some players limited to 10k which can be sold more in regular version (like German goalkeepers), which can be nice to build your best team.
  • LordVader
    edited January 28
    Thanks for the tip! I was checking the market today for Rashford and Vardy and their prices are exorbitant (20k+). Are the values really that much or I just need to wait it out? Is there any multiplier between FUTBIN prices and Switch as a general rule?
  • ChappellRovers
    Thanks for the tip! I was checking the market today for Rashford and Vardy and their prices are exorbitant (20k+). Are the values really that much or I just need to wait it out? Is there any multiplier between FUTBIN prices and Switch as a general rule?

At the start of the year they were both 70k+ they have shot down massively. It just depends there isn’t really a hard and fast rule like that.
  • LordVader

At the start of the year they were both 70k+ they have shot down massively. It just depends there isn’t really a hard and fast rule like that.

Ok thanks, I guess it's just a case of monitoring for a while and seeing what people buy them for.

• LordVader
    So I was working from home today and tried the Bronze Pack method. I followed the instructions above and did 1 hr auctions checking back each hour. I've made over 9k and still have 100 items for sale. I still cant believe people play 1k for Bronze 55 rated players. Do you do 1hr auctions most of the time? Haven't tried the other steps yet but with 30k+ in the Bank now, may try some Silver.
  • ChappellRovers
    So I was working from home today and tried the Bronze Pack method. I followed the instructions above and did 1 hr auctions checking back each hour. I've made over 9k and still have 100 items for sale. I still cant believe people play 1k for Bronze 55 rated players. Do you do 1hr auctions most of the time? Haven't tried the other steps yet but with 30k+ in the Bank now, may try some Silver.

I just stick them on for 3 hours on buy it now normally then put them in the bronze upgrade if they don’t sell. Most only go for 200 unless they are top leagues. Sold Billy Gilmour x3 for 10k each at the start of the year (Scottish Chelsea player). Consumables is where most of the coins are at I find. Did sell a bronze brazil player 2 days ago for 5k though.
  • LordVader
    So you always leave the Buy Now price at 10k?
  • LordVader
    I grinded up to 47k yesterday but it is a chore. It does work if time permits. I've been trying to snag players where the card may be missed. Bellerin went for 3k 2 days ago and a CL Vertoghan for less than 10k. But you have to be lucky no-one else is bidding. Right now with every player at 10 chemistry and chem styles applied to all, I have a boosted team so getting higher rated players is really not going to change that much at my level of play. Still I am enjoying hunting for bargains and making coins albeit at a trickle.
  • ChappellRovers
    I put the buy it now at 200 if it isn’t a top league 90% of the time they don’t sell at that price. Its a grind but worth it, make sure you bronze upgrade the stuff that can’t sell.
  • LordVader
    I sold a eng3 for 950, and Poland 1 for 1000. Hard to understand why.