Companion App (Bidding) / Error

Brustring1893
1221 posts Professional
Hey guys, anybody else had problems bidding before? I did get the following error message as soon as I wanted to bid for Garrincha, however the app was not able to proceed for 30 seconds. Hence it expires at 1.141 million even though I have been bidding 1.15 constantly.

26645-F08-4794-4879-9334-F2770079-EED6.png

Comments

• Chavez76
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    too many bids done, you were market banned for a short while?
  • Brustring1893
    1221 posts Professional
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    too many bids done, you were market banned for a short while?

That was one bid every 2-3 seconds with the other person bidding doing exactly the same. If that would be the case, then this is more than hilarious from EA :smiley:

• Chavez76
    you might have been the first one to get the ban .. or maybe you bid on someone else in the same timeframe?
  • Brustring1893
    1221 posts Professional
    That was the only player I have been bidding on at that time. So general advice would be to wait for 5 to 10 seconds after being outbidden?
  • MrMTFC
    791 posts Semi-Pro
    I get it if I bid korethwn about 4 or 5 times for a player, whether it's quickly bidding or over time
  • Brustring1893
    1221 posts Professional
    But why should that even be a thing when it gives you the possibility to bid on a player? In order to prevent autobidders? If so, is there any general advice how to safely bid on players without this happening?
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone reading this who knows exactly how to stop it happening For the op, don’t tell him, as he may be that one person who pushes your price up!! The more who can’t bid the better for the rest of us 😁.
  • Kevin
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    Common thing, you need to logout and login to get it working again.
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kevin wrote: »

Very slow way to fix that! Only get 30 seconds too!
  • Kevin
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guvnor wrote: »
    Kevin wrote: »

Very slow way to fix that! Only get 30 seconds too!
    I know it sucks but it’s the only way imo.
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    👍
  • Chavez76
    But why should that even be a thing when it gives you the possibility to bid on a player? In order to prevent autobidders? If so, is there any general advice how to safely bid on players without this happening?

indeed, to prevent auto bidding