Quitting Early

Cosmic99
633 posts An Exciting Prospect
I've just started playing seasons and I'm enjoying it but why does everyone quit early? I've played 12 matches all with 4.5 star teams and in 10 of those my opponent quit early, some in the first half!!

Is this a common thing in seasons that people quit if they are losing?

Also can anyone recommend any 'fun' teams? So far in season one I used RB Leipzig, second season BVB and I'm now using Ajax. I want to try and avoid 5 star teams I've already been warned you end up playing the same 2/3 teams with little variety

Comments

• lenny0121
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yes it happens alot...
  • DarkMac
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, it happens and it's normal.
    I explain why... The idea is that we all know that the game outcome is decide by EA and not by how good you truly are. EA is, simply put, not able to find any other way to make beginners win, so they came up with this momentum thing that basically we all know what this really is.
    Any experimented season player can understand from the first 5 minutes of the game if they will going to lose the game or not, no matter why they do. The chance to win a game that it's already decided is around 10%.
    So why loosing time on a game that you surely know you will loose or worst you know it will give you headaches?

It's not your fault, you are not so good that they get upset and quit. It is that these days EA is so bad developing this game, that you can predict the outcome of a match as soon as it starts so you decide not to loose time.

Basically EA is exactly the opposite of what FAIR PLAY means....a FAIR play.

Simple as that.
  • Neil_LUAFC
    60 posts Park Captain
    Sometimes i'll quit, mainly out of frustration with the game but occasionally due to my opponents "style" of play.

The dice definitely gets loaded. It can swing both ways of course but after you've tonked someone for 80 minutes, seen countless wonder saves, hit the woodwork and then the game badly under/over hits a pass and they break because of it and score it gets a weeee bit frustrating!

I don't mind people quitting on me as it means a quick 3 points
  • lenny0121
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's frustrating when people quit but I blame the game more than the player... The momentum can swing alot during a game though sometimes it's worth sticking at it. I've had a few games recently where I have gone 3 or 4 nil down but come back for a draw or a win
  • DarkMac
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just played against a player .... my forwarder was alone without even the keeper in front of the goal... 6 meters from the goal... center position... guess what... he hit the left post even if it was a simple tap in...
    Why quitting? because EA is so stupid developing this game... That's why. They just hit a lawsuit in France for different topic and other will follow.
  • tarheels_forever
    861 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2020
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    I've just started playing seasons and I'm enjoying it but why does everyone quit early? I've played 12 matches all with 4.5 star teams and in 10 of those my opponent quit early, some in the first half!!

Is this a common thing in seasons that people quit if they are losing?

Also can anyone recommend any 'fun' teams? So far in season one I used RB Leipzig, second season BVB and I'm now using Ajax. I want to try and avoid 5 star teams I've already been warned you end up playing the same 2/3 teams with little variety

because the game is garbage and too many players score goals against the run of play.