The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

People like this patch? WTF

Gromit
4111 posts National Call-Up
Played my first 5 games post patch. Won 2 lost 3. But the defeats are not the problem I always win about 50/50 so defeats are nothing new to me.

But literally everything bad about the game is even worse.

Game speed is off the charts, its so so fast the ball was pinging 30, 40 yards in a second.

Skill moves even more OP than before.

Defenders feel like Foosball players, just a solid object you have to manoeuvre left to right.

Players feel really light like they have no mass. When they're body to body theres loads of weird animations.

Hitting the post is back way more than it was before.

A high line seems impossible. I normally play 6 or 7 depth. In my 2nd game I was 4 versus 1 at one point just from a long ball. My defence was nowhere to be seen.

I noticed most people were just smashing long balls over the top.

It's hard to put into words and we all have our own opinions. But for me this is by far the worst I've seen FUT 20. It feels awful, plays awful and is just beyond unrealistic, I don't want a sim but I want something thats somewhat similar to real football.

This is a mess.

Comments

• Fifapayne
    1323 posts Professional
    Hitting the post is not back.
    The speed is slow as death.
    Play more games ..some people are already 20+ games in on the patch.
    Game is snail speed.
  • Gromit
    Snail speed my arse its rapid
  • rmoxon
    861 posts Semi-Pro
    Its definitely faster, and players slide about like they are on ice.

Its stupid as hell. I feel like I am playing some comedy game.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Mine is still super slow
  • Gromit
    rmoxon wrote: »

Agreed, its comical. Its like the whole game is geared to the players that do nothing but spam skills, long balls and use players like Adama.

I can't wait to read the reviews after this weekend league. I'm off tomorrow but really don't think I can face it.

I'm only playing it now because I'm close to finishing the season. I may aswell suck it up to get a free Anderson.
  • Shockerhippy
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 24
    Doesn’t feel any different to me. I’ve just won a rivals match for the online icons sbc 5-1. I’m not particularly good either
  • AznSW
    1434 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 24
    Only difference I notice is passing & shooting got even worse
  • Nervous_Nick
    6199 posts Big Money Move
    Placebo patch imo.
    I don’t notice any difference in shooting...
  • Swanz05
    1370 posts Professional
    Same as before for me e.g. hitting the post just as often. Probably need to give it more time before I'm sure though.
  • ChappellRovers
    2912 posts Fans' Favourite
    Patches always make the game worse. Agree it is all too quick as well. Find i am not hitting the woodwork as much but also Ter Stegen has turned rubbish overnight.
  • umgee
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lol game is definitely quicker. I think it's dribbling effects increase or something. If you play mystery ball and you notice how the dribbling boost makes the players so much looser? That's kinda what it feels like.

Not really too fussed about it personally (but maybe haven't played enough games yet).

The shooting is worse though. Hitting the post just as much or maybe even more now, in addition to a lot of woefully off-target (that were aimed on target with adequate power and good angles) shots and keepers still doing super saves.

Actually, as I'm typing this, I am recalling I do have issue with the speed increase haha
    The increased speed means the super a.i close you down even faster now, so you barely get any time on the ball, especially after winning it.

Haven't played in over 24hrs so forgot - but it's quite ridiculous, the ball the ping-ponging between possession. I mean, if it was rewarding quick thinking, then fair enough I guess, but it's not. You players will still get closed down in the box by the god defense a.i, who will run you down and intercept you before you get even get your shot off.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1183 posts Professional
    Yup game is so fast now. Idk if it’s just me but defenders are monsters in the box sliding and diving to block shots it’s crazy.
  • FifaProDK
    951 posts Professional
    Working for EA making theese patches must be the hardest job in the world.

One say gameplay is slow another it's fast!

EA will never win. PS i love the new patch!
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t like it at all. Passing is terrible, you can’t tackle consistently and shooting is still bad. The only noticeable improvement is that you are able to kick it out quickly from a goal kick.
  • Wayno69
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Feel like they patched the patch. Wednesday played 20 odd games was enjoyable with the slower gameplay and buffed shooting. Yesterrday and today feel completely different just like OP and others mentioned WTFFFFFF
  • Gromit wrote: »

Agreed, its comical. Its like the whole game is geared to the players that do nothing but spam skills, long balls and use players like Adama.

I can't wait to read the reviews after this weekend league. I'm off tomorrow but really don't think I can face it.

I'm only playing it now because I'm close to finishing the season. I may aswell suck it up to get a free Anderson.

These comments 😂😂😂😂why woukd u bother getting Anderson 🤔 so u can hate the game with Anderson instead
  • Knowlesdinho
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Gromit wrote: »

These comments 😂😂😂😂why woukd u bother getting Anderson 🤔 so u can hate the game with Anderson instead

😂
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    Servers have been truly awful for a couple of weeks now. Not sure if people have come back to fifa after Toty started but everything is just sluggish.

Played 6 games online but couldn't judge due to the stupid lag. One game of squad battles felt fantastic though. If only they could sort out the bloodly servers I swear the game would receive far less flack. Greed buggers
  • Gromit
    Gromit wrote: »

@Downthewing85
    Because I haven't hated the game, Ive played over 1200 games this year. I've mostly enjoyed it. And I'm 4k from finishing the season so may aswell make sure I get Anderson as his NIF is pretty good and first owner cards are useful for objectives and I don't run an EPL team so extra EPL cards are useful to me.

Played about 8 games in total last night, didn't enjoy any of them. The game to me currently feels a total mess, just a spam fest of pace and skills, very unrewarding to play. Hopefully the WL feedback will be negative enough that EA tones it down again.
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    Wayno69 wrote: »
    Feel like they patched the patch. Wednesday played 20 odd games was enjoyable with the slower gameplay and buffed shooting. Yesterrday and today feel completely different just like OP and others mentioned WTFFFFFF

This is probably the crux of the matter. Who knows what the patch is like if gameplay is so inconsistent due to connection. I actually had some weird stuttering last night for the first time this year, so it was probably connection rather than the changes that made me dislike it.
  • They Caged Non
    5801 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah its horrible, i never quit games normally but had to do 2 last night, ive been away with work the last couple of weeks so not had chance to play much but i was quite enjoying it before then, now its just rank.
  • Wayno69
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Wayno69 wrote: »

This is probably the crux of the matter. Who knows what the patch is like if gameplay is so inconsistent due to connection. I actually had some weird stuttering last night for the first time this year, so it was probably connection rather than the changes that made me dislike it.

That is a very valid point bud. FIFA is definitely the most inconsistent FIFA to date
  • Cmiz
    946 posts Professional
    It feels weird to play way to fast does not feel smooth at all but then again apart from the first few weeks after the first patch it went to crap from then on poor game
  • Cmiz
    946 posts Professional
    It feels like pes really cheaply made
  • Bapinho
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    I dont know so far i actually quite like it. Might be due im going 5-0 in WL so far :D. But for the first time i feel like my toty ronaldo mane kante are actually worth the price tag. Won all games so far scoring at least 5 goals. Neymar is a beast again; seems like placed shots from just outside the box are better again. But i must say my gameplay has been quite decent so far; so maybe thats a reason too why it feels good for me now
  • Pandorrann
    236 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bro my players are still playing like they are stuck in mud and can’t turn or anything. I wish I had fast gameplay.
  • Dth83
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Feels slow for me aswell
  • BruceLeeHarding
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    I didn't really notice much difference. My games always finish 15-12
  • sturges12345
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    Only difference is shooting and dribbling. Literally everything else is the same
  • Hardly feel a difference with any patch.
    You can polish a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but it's still a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    The fundamental problem is the servers.
    When it's good it's a brilliant game.
    When it's s.h.i.t.e it's absolute s.h.i.t.e