"unannounced" stuff changed by the patch

Roc_Xel
1625 posts Play-Off Hero
So as we know, typically, when a patch is released, we know roughly 50% of what it contains :D

The shooting buff is very obvious, and rather good.

Dribbling feels smoother as well, to a lesser extent than the shooting.

I feel however some other things have changed.

1. Player switching was always bad but is worse than ever for me now. It seems they will always give it to the closest player to the ball, but when you re defending you want your CB's when the team is coming at them, while it will often give you a CM or CDM who is closer but BEHIND and hence useless. Have struggled with that a lot.

2. Passing also was always kind of bad, but it's even worse for me now.

3. It is very clear that my gameplay is slower. All games, yesterday and today at various hours. Did not have one rapid game. The most obvious is that my 99 pace players seem slower than before. It would seem like the pace difference that there is on paper, is not really showing in game. Less than before.
I mean gameplay was often slow but I really struggle to outpace anyone even with TOTY Mbappe. I am very convinced they did that because of the dribble buff, to avoid small and quick players to become unstoppable. Definitely feel that my quickest players are not as quick now.

Any other things lads ?

Comments

• tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    So as we know, typically, when a patch is released, we know roughly 50% of what it contains :D

Do we?
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    tommyboyo wrote: »

Do we?

Yeah, I think many if not most of us agree that usually patches also change things that were not in patch notes.
  • Jpo41
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Odd CB runs for me
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    Passing is exactly the same. And it’s not bad. My passes go exactly where I want them to as long as I am using players with 75+ passing.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    1. Player switching was always bad but is worse than ever for me now. It seems they will always give it to the closest player to the ball, but when you re defending you want your CB's when the team is coming at them, while it will often give you a CM or CDM who is closer but BEHIND and hence useless. Have struggled with that a lot.

What?

I can confirm that as long as you're D7+, or Silver 1+, the last thing you want is your CB's.

You want to use CDM's and keep CB in position
  • spbuckmaster
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just feels like my players are playing in mud.

Passing is temperamental. One minute I’m picking out a 40 yd ball, and the next I can’t make a pass from 5 yds.

Player ball control is the biggest change. The ball hits my player and the bounces 5 yds in front of him.

They still haven’t changed the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ AI defending. Opposition don’t even tackle, they just run into my player “ no foul “. My player farts within 3 yds when the opposition he’s the ball and it’s a foul, and probably a yellow card.

I understand the No1 sport in Canada is ice hockey but this is a different game EA. Body checking, as fun as it is, isn’t allowed.

• BSDShoes
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    The shooting buff is very obvious, and rather good.

still hiittng goal posts.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Every game is a goal fest. Defending is ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Someone tell me how to make my defence like I play against. Not even tackling but getting ball off me easily. Defenders run at my player and they do some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ animation where it's like them pulling out of a tackle.
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero

What?

I can confirm that as long as you're D7+, or Silver 1+, the last thing you want is your CB's.

No, sometimes you need your defenders when the guys are arriving and if your cm's are out of position. I am in Div 3. I'm sure you like to AI defend and play only with your CDM's, hate people doing that btw, but even then when they are approaching the box you need to use your CB's and not a guy 3 meters behind their attackers.
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just feels like my players are playing in mud.

Passing is temperamental. One minute I’m picking out a 40 yd ball, and the next I can’t make a pass from 5 yds.

Player ball control is the biggest change. The ball hits my player and the bounces 5 yds in front of him.

They still haven’t changed the **** AI defending. Opposition don’t even tackle, they just run into my player “ no foul “. My player farts within 3 yds when the opposition he’s the ball and it’s a foul, and probably a yellow card.

I understand the No1 sport in Canada is ice hockey but this is a different game EA. Body checking, as fun as it is, isn’t allowed.

Yeah I also have the players in the mud. But these are (dramatically awulf) periods during which the game just stucks your players in mud, had those too during the previous patches. Went from 1600 rivals to 1400 now and still being beaten easily. During those periods where your players don t move and your team does not play in my experience there is nothing you can do but wait until it's gone. I always lose 2-300 rivals points during them and gain them back and some more on the back of such periods when they are ovver. Still really pathetic to have to go through things like that. Right now it's awful for me.
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero

Do we?

Yeah, I think many if not most of us agree that usually patches also change things that were not in patch notes.

Id disagree sorry, pace i finally went through on goal with nif salah from a corner an broke, no defender caught up for a change an he slotted home past 89 vds with ease. Finished 9-0 in the end. Huge improvement in my eyes an more true chasing df was nesta ( another icon swap let down),

Played a few tbh now sane works even better an more so as a striker.

• Wi1son73
    3987 posts National Call-Up
    💯 agree roc

I feel I could contain Rashford/Luca/Vardy.. now there players just run run run run tackle ball sticks to feet run .. shoot rebound goal..
    My defenders has just watched all this happen..

At my attacking end, every shot is saved, I mean in-front off goal!! Not with high keepers, 84 Kepa etc...
  • Rickayt
    862 posts Semi-Pro
    Still that crap animation where you bait the tackle inside the box and player does stuff you would see in the matrix to make sure he stays on his feet despite being fouled.
  • TW1103
    4521 posts National Call-Up
    Passing is bad for me. It seems very weak, often not reaching the player
  • Chogau1
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The patch is over 2gb on xbox, there must be other things that moving sliders
  • Nobber93
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Passing is horrible. Can’t play any form of possession game. 433 seems to be working for me at the moment.
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retropoe82 wrote: »

Do we?

Id disagree sorry, pace i finally went through on goal with nif salah from a corner an broke, no defender caught up for a change an he slotted home past 89 vds with ease. Finished 9-0 in the end. Huge improvement in my eyes an more true chasing df was nesta ( another icon swap let down),

Played a few tbh now sane works even better an more so as a striker.

Well good for you you had a game with good gameplay. Won 7-2 and 6-1 yesterday but these are odd games and now I lose them all as my players are super slow. Its not coz you had one good game that it did not change. Things are really slow on my end, today more than last night.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2020

What?

No, sometimes you need your defenders when the guys are arriving and if your cm's are out of position. I am in Div 3. I'm sure you like to AI defend and play only with your CDM's, hate people doing that btw, but even then when they are approaching the box you need to use your CB's and not a guy 3 meters behind their attackers.

I'm usually in D2, D1 at the moment and 99% of the time, you want your CM/CDM or full backs. If you're 3m behind, you already made the mistake.

Try not using your CB's, maybe you'll improve
  • TheMightyBee
    4064 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2020
    Every game is a goal fest. Defending is ****.

Someone tell me how to make my defence like I play against. Not even tackling but getting ball off me easily. Defenders run at my player and they do some **** animation where it's like them pulling out of a tackle.

Hold jockey and team mate contain, spam standing tackle while running around with one fast attacker and use 1 depth with high pressure and long ball tactic for attacking. Pretty much what everyone does against me in rivals.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    I´ve warned that the passing has been nerfed a few days ago when I´ve tested on PC. Of course, if you also are blessed with delay ... BINGO. If it was difficult in the past now it´s impossible and most games end with less than 85% in passing accuracy for both sides.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner

Someone tell me how to make my defence like I play against. Not even tackling but getting ball off me easily. Defenders run at my player and they do some **** animation where it's like them pulling out of a tackle.

Hold jockey and team mate contain, spam standing tackle while running around with one fast attacker and use 1 depth with high pressure and long ball tactic for attacking. Pretty much what everyone does against me in rivals.

I'll have to try that. I'm on 2/4 for ligue 1.. just having a bad time right now. Lost 3 of my last 4 games. All of them to the same types of players. Drop back. Countering me from their defence with one simple ball
  • TheMightyBee
    4064 posts National Call-Up

I'll have to try that. I'm on 2/4 for ligue 1.. just having a bad time right now. Lost 3 of my last 4 games. All of them to the same types of players. Drop back. Countering me from their defence with one simple ball

Rivals is horrid and you are basically playing legendary AI. Try slowing down play and using R1 while left stick dribbling, tap it a little as you turn. Gives you space away from crazy high speed defenders. Sometimes you can roll a slow pass into the penalty area and calmly turn and score without touching sprint. Worked for me.