The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Timed Finishing is back!!!

Hamzy_LFC
2448 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 22
looking at the changes and the impact its having on gameplay, They buffed the shooting from all angles I've played around 7 games and I've also watched a few pros just now and they've stated the same. I mean you can shoot from most angles specially from outside the box 35-42 yards and you can get it into the goal.

Just did a red timed shot as well 40 with RTTF Dybala on his right foot and it went in and I can say before this patch RTTF dybala couldn't even do that with his left foot from 40 yards!

The game speed is so slow though could of done with a touch of speed buff at least. These times shots are floating in lol but in general the gameplay speed need a touch increase imo.

Comments

• Delboy13710
    5873 posts Big Money Move
    Game play is soooooo slow 4231 drop backs going to be loving this .Dribbling feels worse as well
  • Batman442
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    Great
  • Empyrium7
    3228 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 22
    I still use green timed finishes. this is good news for me
    I just hope it won't be broken with first time shots and we won't go back to 19

• Bangers outside the box are back? Bergkamp is happy <3
  • Hamzy_LFC
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    Bangers outside the box are back? Bergkamp is happy <3

Mate FIFA 19 "esque" bangers!
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    ha, cant wait
  • Invincibility
    4609 posts National Call-Up
    Timed finishing doesn't belong in FIFA this ain't NBA2k?
  • Boysie91
    10011 posts Has That Special Something
    Timed finishing doesn't belong in FIFA this ain't NBA2k?

When ever I use to tell people timed shooting is for people that can't play fifa in 19 I use to get "just because you can't do it" and I would say I play nba 2k that's the only way to shoot in lol
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14290 posts Has That Special Something
    It's not back at all. Still missing shots from the edge of the box with Moments Bernardo's left when timed green. Definitely not back to anything even similar like before.
  • IxToMxI
    6757 posts Big Money Move
    Gameplay will be horrible today as it’s just released patch, anyone about to play today remember sluggish gameplay it’s always at its worst when the update has just landed
  • Hamzy_LFC
    It's not back at all. Still missing shots from the edge of the box with Moments Bernardo's left when timed green. Definitely not back to anything even similar like before.

Mate I've banged top bins with Base dalglish - base best - fb alexsis and RTTF Dybala and I've done it with RTTF Allan on 2 occasions all Green timed... its definitely back mate... I've heard from people that moments hernando is a God in this new patch... surprised with the results your coming away with mate.
  • rmoxon
    529 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I honestly wouldn’t even know that timed finishing existed if I hadn’t seen people mention it.

It clearly doesn’t add much to the game if I have played it every day since release and never even noticed it exists.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14290 posts Has That Special Something
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »

Mate I've banged top bins with Base dalglish - base best - fb alexsis and RTTF Dybala and I've done it with RTTF Allan on 2 occasions all Green timed... its definitely back mate... I've heard from people that moments hernando is a God in this new patch... surprised with the results your coming away with mate.

I've played around 5 games now and have been testing green timed shots from all angles and they're either going wide or the keeper is saving them. If they work now they definitely aren't OP is the point I'm making but that's a good thing.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    edited January 22
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Don't make people turn on timed shooting ffs. Worse thing about fifa is that bs

The ball animation has changed... it's more direct its rigid and also when you shoot from about 40 yards the just dips so rapidly and goes in.
  • rmoxon
    529 posts An Exciting Prospect

Mate dont take my word for it I'm watching Kurt on twitch as I'm playing and hes stated the same thing... he was one of the worst ones who complained about shooting before this patch now hes just lamping them in from all angles with the same players he struggled with last night night lol

And hes not even using TIMED FINSHING!

The ball animation has changed... it's more direct its rigid and also when you shoot from about 40 yards the just dips so rapidly and goes in.

So you’re basically saying that they turned the game into an arcade goal fest?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15896 posts World Class
    Timed finishing is the worst thing ever ea have implemented. It killed 19 and it will kill this game as well.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    edited January 22

I've played around 5 games now and have been testing green timed shots from all angles and they're either going wide or the keeper is saving them. If they work now they definitely aren't OP is the point I'm making but that's a good thing.

Ive been using Green Timed since the start and it was hit and miss but this buff is near enough FIFA 19 February patch. Theres definitely a difference and for me it's a good thing but I'd have liked the game speed a touch increased.
  • grogans_heroes
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does green light shooting prevent a CB from teleporting 3 yards to block the shot with their 6 foot leg?
  • Hamzy_LFC
    rmoxon wrote: »

Mate dont take my word for it I'm watching Kurt on twitch as I'm playing and hes stated the same thing... he was one of the worst ones who complained about shooting before this patch now hes just lamping them in from all angles with the same players he struggled with last night night lol

Well in my 7 games I haven't been able to keep a clean sheet and my games have ended like 3-2 or 3-3 or 4-3
  • marocfifa_8
    60 posts Park Captain
    How do you know if you've green timed a shot?
  • jmaurizio
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was still using it anyway, the satisfaction when you time perfectly 😍
  • Fifapayne
    1190 posts Professional
    rmoxon wrote: »

No they turned it into a rewarding good players for goal scoring opportunities. If it’s a goslfest, you are bad at defense
  • Hamzy_LFC
    Does green light shooting prevent a CB from teleporting 3 yards to block the shot with their 6 foot leg?

They still block aggressively. But it's more the outside the box Green timed that's had a big buff.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15896 posts World Class
    Wow people actually like timed finishing? 🤮
  • Empyrium7
    3228 posts National Call-Up

why not ?

there is a difference between timed finishing and first timed shots.

nobody liked the first time green shots going in from every corner.

but I don't see anything wrong with a 1v1 green timed shot, header, volley, or even a long shot.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    How do you know if you've green timed a shot?

What do you mean? Do you even have the Green Timed feature on from.ylur setting because if so as soon as you shoot you get a bar just above the players head... but when you play WL it disappears so your doing it on instinct. But DR and SB and Friendlies you should see a bar just as you shoot...
  • Hamzy_LFC
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

why not ?

there is a difference between timed finishing and first timed shots.

nobody liked the first time green shots going in from every corner.

but I don't see anything wrong with a 1v1 green timed shot, header, volley, or even a long shot.

Yeh and I want to make it clear that I'm talking about Green Timed shots not first Timed shots like pre patch fifa 19

This buff is more near towards FIFA 19 February version.

Whether that's a good or a bad thing that's upto you guys... for me I welcome it... because apart from the op chained skill moved and the el tornadoes I enjoyed FIFA 19 it was fast and furious yes the AI defending was OP but that where the Timed finish worked so well for me...
  • Hamzy_LFC
    Might as well add a flame to the ball once you time it green as well for added effect

Yh think Namco Bandai is on that with their version of FIFA, cant wait lol