Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Does UCL blue card bump up from winter upgrade?

alvchong
1173 posts Professional
I understand old NIF will remain when winter upgrade come. How about existing UCL blue? Consider it is not common. Because when u pack higher UCL card it gave u walk out lighting.

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im going with they do get an upgrade, only because theyre considered “special” cards 🤔
  • alvchong
    1173 posts Professional
    edited January 22
    Im going with they do get an upgrade, only because theyre considered “special” cards 🤔

Ya the so called fake walk out implies it is a special card. So it supposed to be upgraded under the rule of winter upgrade. Only NIF remained two rating. One problem is last year UCL blue had a rating higher. This year it is same rating but called it as special card with walk out flair.
  • L1vingl1fe
    3984 posts National Call-Up
    I doubt they change
  • GeorgeGervin
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    I doubt they change

• kraid
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    No way.
  • alvchong
    1173 posts Professional
    Is TOTY nominees blue card a special cards? since it is 1 rating higher (can't be the same as winter upgrade rating)? Do they get the upgrade?
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought all special cards got the upgrade, no?
  • Cantona08
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm guessing that the UCL blue card will update if there is a winter NIF update.

To me, it come under a special card, and it makes sense that they would upgrade it, or its just a pointless card.

I guess we will see, when the updates come out
  • alvchong
    1173 posts Professional
    Exactly, the transfer market search and blue flair suggest UCL blue as special card. But the rating is the same as NIF and still packagable. EA has make a mess these type of cards.
  • pekkaa88
    6563 posts Big Money Move
    Doubt it.. They are still in packs..
  • mypetfrog
    962 posts Professional
    Would love to know too, I bet even EA aren't sure yet.
  • mypetfrog
    962 posts Professional
    Found this EXCELLENT run through on Reddit. Huge Kudos to the creator.

https://redd.it/eo5q54
  • DFC1983
    1210 posts Professional
    I would guess not, but as they are the same rating as NIF just under a special card type i hope so.
  • SanderFC
    2892 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought all special cards got the upgrade, no?

Scream cards won't get an upgrade for sure while they're special, a lot of special cards didn't get upgraded last year as the upgraded nif didn't 'touch' any of the stats
  • Oweyman
    1130 posts Professional
    Isn't it only performance based cards that get an upgrade, so IFs, POTM, TOGS etc.
  • alvchong
    1173 posts Professional
    I guess is EA to pick. I just hope UCL blue get it but sound unlikely due to same rating as NIF. But the TOTY nominees will get as they are 1 rating higher.
  • kraid
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    Blue cards are going for the same price as golds. If they get upgraded they should be worth way more. People will go mental if they upgrade as they will have missed out. However if they don’t upgrade no one loses anything. Ea would be foolish to upgrade them just to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the community off again.
  • Ruud
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Last year ucl cards were upgraded so it would be normal when this year is the same...
  • mypetfrog
    962 posts Professional
    edited January 22
    Ruud wrote: »
    Last year ucl cards were upgraded so it would be normal when this year is the same...

But weren't all the UCL cards a +1 rating above gold? So I read...(didn't play fifa 19)
  • Ruud
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes they were but does that matter? Strange market right when you got a normal ziyech 85/86 and ucl ziyech 85/86 and totyn Ziyech 87 if Ziyech 87 etc...