The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Hows 4222 this year, currently use 41212-2

Dolph
1195 posts Professional
I don’t like 4231 because it seems so slow and the players are just never right for me. I used 4222 at the end of last year but not this year. I like the runs that players make in the 41212-2 is 4222 similar, do you miss out not havin a central cam, does it play down the wings more, and what are the keys to using it?

Comments

• Gogs
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was on the same boat and yesterday played 41212(2) for the first time this fifa.
    Playing everything on balanced with 5 width and 4 depth in defence. 5 width and players in the box 4 in Attack. You can have your fullbacks on balanced and overlap.
    Cdm stay back and cover center. CM's cover center. Front trio without any instructions.
    Played yesterday like this, still losing and winning the same amount of the games like before but i am enjoying it more now.
    Just try it and set your CT in the way it suits you.
    There is no magic CT or something like that. Everyone plays different.
  • Turkey_man
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4222 is what I'd switch to when I'm chasing a game, it's an all out attack ping balls to the front men 1, 2's formation for me.

I couldn't get on with 4231 as it seemed too negative for me so my stock formation is the 433(4) with the cam. It's a more methodical approach but fairly attacking.
  • Dolph
    1195 posts Professional
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    4222 is what I'd switch to when I'm chasing a game, it's an all out attack ping balls to the front men 1, 2's formation for me.

I couldn't get on with 4231 as it seemed too negative for me so my stock formation is the 433(4) with the cam. It's a more methodical approach but fairly attacking.

I’m not a huge fan of 433s this year, my wingers always seem to far out and not involved even with cut inside on