Something EA could learn from COD

cdog1871
38 posts Park Captain
So not sure if any one here plays COD, but they released an Australian DLC pack where part of the proceeds made are donated to Australia to help with the wild fire problem there.

Seeings the amount of cash EA make, it would be nice to see them do something similar. I think it would put a little bit of respect back on their name and could have potential to make a huge difference

Comments

• Boysie91
    15012 posts World Class
    Isn't the pack £15-£20 though?
    I'm sure they start at £8 for a different colour gun or something stupid like that.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I'm sure they start at £8 for a different colour gun or something stupid like that.

Doesn't matter how much it costs the point is that they have put something in their store that all the proceeds from it goto Australia. Haven't seen EA putting any packs in the store that all the proceeds goto Australia.
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    Its 100% of the proceeds going to Australia. They're a class above EA.

Yes just had a look you are correct :)
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Its 100% of the proceeds going to Australia. They're a class above EA.

Thank god for that, he made it sound horrible by saying only part of the proceeds went to Australia.
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain

Wow very expensive IMO, don't lile the prices but I think the idea is great
  • Boysie91
    15012 posts World Class

Doesn't matter how much it costs the point is that they have put something in their store that all the proceeds from it goto Australia. Haven't seen EA putting any packs in the store that all the proceeds goto Australia.

They was charging that before the fires and decided to give the money to Australia so for that alone I wouldn't buy anything through COD store. I would rather donate money a different way but that's my opinion.
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    Also, I am not just suggesting Australia but any other sort of causes
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    edited January 2020
    I don't trusy ANY charities tbh, but I think if people get crap in their packs, some might believe atleast some of there money has (hopefully) gone to a good cause where it is needed. And therefor they feel a bit less peed off
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

They was charging that before the fires and decided to give the money to Australia so for that alone I wouldn't buy anything through COD store. I would rather donate money a different way but that's my opinion.

I wouldn't buy anything from the store myself as it's all cosmetic item's but that's not the point. You pay like £14 and get 8 items in game and all the proceeds goto Australia. Don't see EA putting packs in the store where all proceeds goto Australia. This is only a positive thing there's no negative side to it when it's only purpose is to help people.
  • Mic2904
    2737 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks for the reminder. Have yet to buy that pack!

Simple, yet terrific idea!
  • Delvinho
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    Purchased the Australia thing on COD.

Would work with fifa as I wouldn’t feel like I’ve wasted my money when I get nothing
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain
    Delvinho wrote: »
    Purchased the Australia thing on COD.

Would work with fifa as I wouldn’t feel like I’ve wasted my money when I get nothing

Exactly! And it might actually make peoole want to buy packs!

It was difficult for me to see all that money from YouTubers being spent on packs, but it would be a consolatiom if atleast some of that money went to a good cause ftom it
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Apart from the Australia topic, crossplay is something that they should learn from CoD.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    greif44 wrote: »
    Apart from the Australia topic, crossplay is something that they should learn from CoD.

How to get working servers is another thing they could learn. The CoD servers are top notch.
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    crossplay would be lITme and the homies
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2020

I've played crossplay in other games. I've never seen a worse implementation of crossplay than what we have in COD. They're forcing people to play with PC, restricting a mode completely to crossplay. It's a moronic design choice.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move

How to get working servers is another thing they could learn. The CoD servers are top notch.

yep 100% agree. I haven`t had a single lag/delay/other bs that often happens in FUT even though in CoD you play against up to 63 other players at the same time.

Being able to play against bigger pool of players is another reason why I think crossplay would be great - I`m on PC in US and player pool is not that big. Whenever I play WL or DR, lot of my opponents are people that I`ve already played with previously.
  • ChappellRovers
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2020
    Why would I donate money to Australia because their Government aren’t willing to pay compensation to people? They are the 14th largest economy in the world, why bother giving your hard earnt cash to them because their Government is tight. In 2018 they became the highest average wealth per person in the world. I am sorry for the tragedy, the people who died and the people who have lost everything but their Government should sort them out not us.

Edit: You are right their servers are better though and EA could learn from that.
  • Swanz05
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    Why would I donate money to Australia because their Government aren’t willing to pay compensation to people? They are the 14th largest economy in the world, why bother giving your hard earnt cash to them because their Government is tight. In 2018 they became the highest average wealth per person in the world. I am sorry for the tragedy, the people who died and the people who have lost everything but their Government should sort them out not us.

Edit: You are right their servers are better though and EA could learn from that.

Yep exactly.
  • cdog1871
    38 posts Park Captain

I agree with everything you said. I am just stating that the concept is good.
  • ChappellRovers
    cdog1871 wrote: »

I was thinking my comment might be divisive glad people agree though 🙂. It is better than EA lining their pockets but they aren’t a giving company lol. Would be better if the money was directed towards a 3rd world country rather than Australia I think. But you are right it is better than them profiteering.
  • Swanz05
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    cdog1871 wrote: »

I was thinking my comment might be divisive glad people agree though 🙂. It is better than EA lining their pockets but they aren’t a giving company lol. Would be better if the money was directed towards a 3rd world country rather than Australia I think. But you are right it is better than them profiteering.

If Australians agree with this I think you might be onto something.
  • atheistsw
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Something else they could learn from COD... how to provide a good and consistent online experience!
  • LahmChops
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    Release a Tim Cahill Icon that can only be bought with FIFA points. Send that money to Australia. Simple. And dont give me any of this cant add players to the database crud.
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    LahmChops wrote: »
    Release a Tim Cahill Icon that can only be bought with FIFA points. Send that money to Australia. Simple. And dont give me any of this cant add players to the database crud.

Thing is though, mainly the Aussies would buy it. Unless he was made 99 overall now we're talking.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

I wouldn't disagree with anything you just said tbh though I just feel Activision/Infinity Ward are showing a bit more class with what they're doing and EA could easily do something similar but won't because all they care about is how many packs they can sell.
  • ChappellRovers

I wouldn't disagree with anything you just said tbh though I just feel Activision/Infinity Ward are showing a bit more class with what they're doing and EA could easily do something similar but won't because all they care about is how many packs they can sell.

I agree really. EA won’t do anything similar though, because you are right all they care about are the packs they sell. They are distinctly lacking in class. Maybe if it happened in Canada? (Seems unlikely to happen there though!)