Fulham FC | Scott Parker years

JDB44
212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 15
Hello all, like usual I'm arriving to FIFA a little late. Hopefully after all the bugs are removed! I'm planning on a different career this year, one where I'm thinking long-term instead of a win now approach.

My ultimate goal is to have Fulham competing for top 6 in 7 years. Sounds easy, right? But to make it harder, I'll be simulating games and playing others. I like to sim some matches to see if the squad I'm building is good and not just me as a FIFA player.

I try to be as realistic as possible with the squad. Staying away from crazy transfers and using the academy when possible. I play 10 min halfs and on default Ultimate.

Since I want this advancing at a good rate, I will be providing match results on a monthly basis and mixing in other updates along the way.

Comments

• JDB44
    yBBtMXm.png
  • JDB44
    q1thxxs.png
  • JDB44
    Inherited squad for the 2019 season.
    XUrb3My.png

The obvious signs are the imbalance in numbers, midfield is very full while the LB and ST positions need upgrading. The good news is that our squad is relatively young but the bad news is our average rating is just under 70..
  • Danimal5981
    2505 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree with the assessment of a new LB, but up front you look quite solid to be honest.
    The goal of reaching EPL within 2 seasons is doable, the jump towards the top six is much more ambitious.
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    The LB position is a little narrow. Three strikers with all 70+ ratings is pretty solid. You do however lack any back-up on the right wing.
  • JDB44
    I agree with the assessment of a new LB, but up front you look quite solid to be honest.
    The goal of reaching EPL within 2 seasons is doable, the jump towards the top six is much more ambitious.

Very ambitious indeed but that's what I like. No sense in having low goals!
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    The LB position is a little narrow. Three strikers with all 70+ ratings is pretty solid. You do however lack any back-up on the right wing.

Bad thing is one striker and my RW are in on loan. I like permanent moves so I'll be looking to replace them soon.
  • JDB44
    edited January 17
    JZ8RN0I.jpg

Starting lineup and formation to begin the year. Playing with a high line, possession based attack and pressing when losing the ball. I like to have the LB push forward in attack but the RB stay back and the CDM to drop between the CBs for coverage.
  • JDB44
    IdUlD9t.png
    Talking points of the month

Defensive struggles: The start of the year the LB position looked to be a concern. Turns out the LB is the most secure position at this time with Joe Bryan and Odoi covering it well. The defensive midfield role and the CB pairing are the main concerns with the majority of goals scored coming down the middle.

Position battles The GK and midfielder along Cairney positions are still up for battle. Rodak was given the starting GK job but after allowing 6 goals against Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest he was replaced by Bettinelli who has been fantastic in the league cup.

The second midfielder option has rotated between Onomah, Bobby Reid and Arter. Nobody has been able to secure the position as Fulham still try options.

Faltering Attack Parker has struggled to find a consistent attack that includes Mitrovic. The big striker struggles in counter-attacking play due to his lack of pace but Fulham struggle to maintain possession to build up crossing chances to fit Mitro's style. It is too early to make drastic changes but something to watch for sure.
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tough start to the season. The team seems to be very inconsistent. Hopefully you find a way to dominate possession and get Mitrovic more often on the scoresheet. Also, quite a busy month.
  • JDB44
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Tough start to the season. The team seems to be very inconsistent. Hopefully you find a way to dominate possession and get Mitrovic more often on the scoresheet. Also, quite a busy month.

Inconsistent is the best way to put it. The Chanpionship is a long season so hopefully ww figure it out by match 20 and have 26 games to climb the table.
  • JDB44
    Os5jFOq.png
    Talking points of the month

Carabao Cup exit: Facing Premier League side, Leicester City we put up a good fight coming from two goals down to force penalties. Unfortunately Cairney hit the post with his chance and Knockaert had his shot saved as we fell 4-3 in the shootout.

Bobby Reid Reid has taken over the attack becoming our leading scorer and best threat. In our normal 433 approach, Reid is playing the attacking mid position behind Mitrovic and by the side of Cairney.

Potential squad moves CB Terence Kongolo, LB Antonee Robinson and RB DeAndre Yedlin are being scouted for possibly January moves. We won't purchase all three but we would like to bring in at least a LB or CB. Yedlin is being scouted just in case Sessegnon or Fossey do not develop as expected.

We also have a scout in England and in the USA developing academy players with a few high potential targets we might add soon.