Difficulty is a giant JOKE after the new update.

Comments

• glynnerm
    58 posts Park Captain
    the days of a nil nil scoreline are gone in the new update, I find that in order to win a game, I need to at least score 3 goals.

You get extremely punished for silly mistake in defence which I dont mind but its when you defend correctly yet still concede which bothers me. Olayers of lesser strength (strikers/wingers) out muscling your defenders despite doing an L2 + tackle and the fact that rebounds/collisions always favour the CPU is annoying.

Someone mentioned no fouls, in my experience since the update, the CPU is making more fouls and getting more red cards, than ever before.

It seems now the most important button is L2 (on PS4) for tackles and dribbling.
  • The_giant616
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mativo wrote: »
    Mace123 wrote: »
    Can everyone just message ea and tell them about this I've done it twice first time they wend me some dumb email saying to update my ps4 which no update was available. The second time the guy on live chat said his talking to his senior and that they are dealing with it. When I asked if ea are aware of this problem or looked at any of the fifa forum or YouTube videos about this he just basically ignored me and told me that ea are aware of problems reported to them. So I think if we all report this then they should do something about it

They are not gonna do anything. They dont even have a support team for career mode. The resources they spend on career mode are so limited. A bet the person who created this ‘update’ is just a lame internship guy who could just ‘try something’. Just how long it takes for some simple fixes show that there is no dedicated team. I bet they will just revert everything somewhere in march and start saying ‘2021 will have amazing career mode features’ around april to get out hopes up and again buy a game we know will be bad on forehand. Life of a careermode player is hard atm.

The most annoying thing is that all they need to do is reset career mode to the pre-patch difficulty. It's not much to ask but there's not been any acknowledgement of how ridiculous difficulty is now.
  • no one knows when roughly there will be an update?
  • Whatever you did in the last update, please just undo it!! If it was an attempt to make gameplay more difficult, then it hasn’t worked.

It’s unplayable. The defending (which was already painful) is now impossible. The cpu speed is insane, ping pong passes through to goal is just infuriating. The nerfed pass accuracy and ball control makes highly rated players play like duds.

There was always frustration in this years gameplay, but the last update has ramped it up to silly levels.

Please fix ASAP

• Stop wasting your time and energy. EA will not acknowledge this issue for another month and will probably just revert it back to what it was after 2 months. Worst run company in the world. Zero care for customers, zero dignity. Can't wait till the day a new company takes over the football gaming world and EA becomes long forgotten.
  • EA_Roger
    February 7
    corry2002 wrote: »
    good morning EA_Roger could you please read this post in career section: career mode/ ultimate difficulty.... and give updates if possible? thank you very much

Good morning, I read that post already along with the majority of posts on the forum today. Feedback on the new changes to the Ultimate difficulty has been passed on already this is as much as I can say on this. I ask you to not derail a thread to get my attention going forward. Thanks

my solicitation and response
  • NinthFall
    1945 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well, I was told to get people talking about it by EA Help on twitter. So I guess the best we can do is talk about it as much as we can.

For me, it's not an issue that there is a difficulty as difficult and unrealistic as ultimate, but it is a big issue that if you take on step back and play with legendary, it's extremely easy. You can literally win legendary with 10 goals and still not be good enough for ultimate.

I don't think EA realizes most players aim for the ultimate realism in career mode & it must be a challenge, but it mustn't be so that even teams from division 3 quite comfortably ball around the best teams in divison 1. In a game like football, everything is of course possible and putting your focus off should be punished. Just not like this. Not by having 50 pace players run with 90 pace. Not by having all teams in all leagues ball like tiki taka Barcelona with pinpoint crosses and bicycle kicks.
  • They just can't get the difficulty right. I mean, before this new patch, ultimate was too easy. I was winning games by 6, 7, 8 nil. Now, all they've done is put last patch ultimate difficulty back down into legendary and created an absolutely insane difficulty to the new ultimate. I now lose by 5, 6 goals most games.

Have no doubt, I am a good player but this new ultimate difficulty is just bizarre. Ping pong passes around the pitch and one touch finishes as soon as they get near your penalty area. This is 100 percent not me griping about having a harder difficulty. It's just the gameplay is non existent like this. I have my game speed on slow because I like a more simulation feel to the game but this is just frantic, super sayan speed football. There's no tactical play at all.

Is it too much to ask to make a challenging game without this nonsense? I don't mind losing games, I don't mind getting dubbed now and again, especially against the Barcas, Real Madrids, Man City's etc but getting tanned by Southampton 6-1 then 7-0 by Aston Villa is just silly. Their players are ALL beasts with crazy speed.

Where are the hard fought 1-0 wins? The games where you grind out a result? The game seems tailored completely toward kids who would celebrate a 10-6 game.

I guess I'll give it another couple of weeks and see if a patch rectifies this abysmal game but I ain't holding my breath. Even if they do fix it, I bought the game over 5 months ago and have never really been able to play it consistently. With all the patches changing things constantly and the problems with skill moves resetting on solo player career mode, I've played this about 3 weeks at the very most.

I really think we should boycott any further releases and wait for the game to hit the bargain bins before buying them because EA need at least 4-5 months, at least, to get their a t together. We need to create a new cycle. Buy and play the game from March instead of September of the previous year.
  • Hey guys,

Not a pro here, but working my way up the divisions playing Crawley Town. Increasing the difficulty with each passing season. Playing Championship atm, World Class. If promotion Legendary will be in Premier League.

Any tips and tricks how to improve?I have never learned those in game tactics buttons and have no idea how to use them.It's more or less passing, passing, passing...

Thanks!

• SpokenPuppy
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited February 12
    It's painfully obvious that EA's engine can't make the game harder by being more intelligent, and therefore providing a real challenge. All the A.I can really do is overpower you.

I don't understand why people can't see this. No matter how much you protest, EA CAN'T give you a realistic challenge because their game engine is incapable of implementing certain interactions realistically.

One typical example: you challenge an A.I attacker for the ball. Despite timing it well, all the challenge does is ping the ball to another attacker with insane accuracy (how often do you see that happen in real life, without a lot of scrambling and luck?), and play resumes, only with one of your defenders out of position for a second or two, because the animations don't let him regain his composure in time. The A.I is likely to get a chance on goal now, should this happen anywhere near the box. In this situation, Aspas can receive the ball, overpower your Van Dijk and score an easy goal.

Sometimes you 'survive' these situations, sometimes you don't.

Now consider the above example. On higher difficulties - say, World Class and above - how many of these interactions go in your favour? I mean, seriously think about this. World Class is quite forgiving, granted, but even so... The 50/50 situations are more like 75/25 in favour of the A.I, and there's a reason for that.

Reverse the situation. How often can you overpower an A.I defender, even after you've somehow come out with the ball after a series of ping-pong challenges? The answer is NEVER.

The only way EA can make the game harder is by buffing the A.I whilst leaving your A.I assisted players at the same level that they were at at Beginner difficulty.
  • I totally agree. legendary is too easy and ultimate is almost impossible.
  • Gave up with new ultimate after a day of trying to make it work. Now I find that legendary is playing up due to crass AI, I am fed up with waiting for my players to stop marching on the spot and join the attack or actually defend. You can get 1 or 2 games that play well then the AI/scripting kicks in and its rubbish. As with comments above all the patches have made an incomprehensible mess of a game. So it can stay in the draw until another patch then with try again. I only want to play enough games to justify buying the game. Will not be buying it next year.
  • fifa is dead .... continuous updates that do not make you adapt to the game ... last year ... next year PES
  • Guys, can anyone give me names of gents who make good sliders , since the ultimate difficulty update where winning is impossible , I thought I'd try sliders , who does ones that make it hard bt not EA stupid patch hard.
  • Looooots of people arguing with the 'just practise' or 'Ultimate SHOULD be hard'.

Look, it's not t5hat Ultimate has become too hard and now everyone is butthurt. All EA did here is upgrade the CPU players by maybe a little, but the NERFED THE HUMAN PLAYERS, and nerfed them by a lot. That's the difference. It's not that the AI is especially better than Legendary. It's that the HUMAN players are badly nerfed. Does that sound like a fun time to anyone at all? Where you know that everything you're doing would work fine on any other level, but because you're on Ultimate, your player now runs slower, controls the ball less accurately, shoots with less power and less accuracy, passes with more error thrown in? Does that sound like any kind of fun at all?

That's what's going on with this.

And adjusting the sliders, meh, it helps a little but it's really not enough.

It doesn't suffice to say "well Ultimate SHOULD be almost impossible", at least not the way things currently are, because no other difficulty level has been raised at all. legendary is as painfully easy today as it was before the update. My estimation, and I'm not exaggerating, is that Ultimate is now to Legendary as Legendary is to Beginner or Amateur.

They simply didn't have the AI in place to make the opponent play better, so they nerf the PLAYER. They have to reverse it until such time as they improve the AI. As they find small improvements in AI, keep giving it to the Ultimate level opponents, I'm okay with it being too easy if it's the best they can do, just give it the improved AI as they find it, but for the love of all things Holy, do NOT nerf the player.

Nerfing the player has to be an unwritten rule of game programming that you should never, ever do. Surely? Stop nerfing me, put it all back the way it was, give Ultimate the improvements as you develop them and drag up all the difficulty levels along with it in a staggered way so that every level of player is catered to, and every level of player, upon promoting themselves to the next level up, doesn't have this massive gulf of quality to make up in order to merely be competitive, which they will NEVER make up at the highest level because their own players are being throttled.
  • Leicester
    20 posts Ball Boy
    Still no change, you've got to laugh
  • Firedag
    1 posts Ball Boy
    The biggest indicator for this is to start a my player career. If you set the difficulty to ultimate it's actually unplayable. You barely if ever get the ball because your teammates constantly lose the ball and you get destroyed 7-0 by every team you play against. EA have coded it so that your AI becomes beginner difficulty and the opposition gets a speed boost. I think I might just buy PES next year tbh
  • It's so crazy to see so many people are angry about difficulties when you can try manual control settings + sliders to make everything authentic and enjoyable! FIFA physics are made for manual controls guys just try them out! Absolutely different FIFA and I'm having a blast playing career mode on full manual/legendary! Every pass and goals are so rewarding and smooth! Idk what to say more.
  • GoonerSoldier
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's so crazy to see so many people are angry about difficulties when you can try manual control settings + sliders to make everything authentic and enjoyable! FIFA physics are made for manual controls guys just try them out! Absolutely different FIFA and I'm having a blast playing career mode on full manual/legendary! Every pass and goals are so rewarding and smooth! Idk what to say more.

Hey Wonder. I also play Legendary with Full MANUAL controls. What sliders do you adjust and set each to? Gameplay is terrible without adjusting sliders.
  • WonderingHydra6
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 19
    Hey Wonder. I also play Legendary with Full MANUAL controls. What sliders do you adjust and set each to? Gameplay is terrible without adjusting sliders.

Thats awesome man, how is ur experience? I also recommend legacy defending, everything works perfect for me.

Sliders: (player/cpu)
    Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70
  • GoonerSoldier

Thats awesome man, how is ur experience? I also recommend legacy defending, everything works perfect for me.

Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70

Thx. I'll give this a go. I can win Legendary games without adjusting sliders. But after a few games the AI turns into Super Barcelona Turbo mode and the game becomes unplayable. Ironically I found that restarting the same game a few times, turning off the game, scoring own goals before restarting, etc. RESETS the ai opponent and the turbo mode the ai had magically goes away for a few games. Its unbelievable

Saddest part is Fifa players who are BLIND to the fact the game is too easy because they are playing with Automatic controls. Very soon EA will have to make a mode called Super Ultimate because many will complain it's too easy. All while they keep playing with the default automatic controls. I have yet to play a Fifa 20 game with the default auto controls. I did on Fifa19 and found it was too easy.

Is there any slider that fixes HEADERS? That seems to be the most broken aspect of the Gameplay on Fifa20. The ball physics also seem to be too heavy this year. But that's a whole different topic.
  • WonderingHydra6
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 19

Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70

Thx. I'll give this a go. I can win Legendary games without adjusting sliders. But after a few games the AI turns into Super Barcelona Turbo mode and the game becomes unplayable. Ironically I found that restarting the same game a few times, turning off the game, scoring own goals before restarting, etc. RESETS the ai opponent and the turbo mode the ai had magically goes away for a few games. Its unbelievable

Saddest part is Fifa players who are BLIND to the fact the game is too easy because they are playing with Automatic controls. Very soon EA will have to make a mode called Super Ultimate because many will complain it's too easy. All while they keep playing with the default automatic controls. I have yet to play a Fifa 20 game with the default auto controls. I did on Fifa19 and found it was too easy.

Is there any slider that fixes HEADERS? That seems to be the most broken aspect of the Gameplay on Fifa20. The ball physics also seem to be too heavy this year. But that's a whole different topic.

Ye i know this super turbo barcelona mode, i use specific tactics against this BS and turn defending to LEGACY defending, helps a lot and im not affected with this BS anymore.

These sliders are everything you need i believe.

Also i score a lot of headers, i made some small full manual goal compilations if you want to check it out.

• GoonerSoldier

Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70

Ye i know this super turbo barcelona mode, i use specific tactics against this BS and turn defending to LEGACY defending, helps a lot and im not affected with this BS anymore.

Also i score a lot of headers, i made some small full manual goal compilations if you want to check it out.

Realized the sliders you provided I saw before at https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/958687-fifa-20-os-community-sliders.html

Funny enough, I didn't give these sliders a try because of the high shot error. I tried their sliders for shorter halves and found it still didn't change that much. But after trying these sliders there are two critical aspects of the Gameplay that are fixed. 1) Fullbacks are now part of the game and not invisible. 2) Crossing, heading, etc actually works now and no longer broken. I believe the slider RUN FREQUENCY completely fixes this broken mess.

Funny enough, I find myself scoring more even with the high shot error. Its almost as if a higher shot error actually fixes your aiming. Astounding really.

I find the sliders slightly too easy but I'm having ALOT of fun with the Gameplay. After a full season I will slightly adjust to make it a tad bit more difficult. Nothing drastic as to destroy the Gameplay these sliders fix.

Thx my friend.
  • Hey Wonder. I also play Legendary with Full MANUAL controls. What sliders do you adjust and set each to? Gameplay is terrible without adjusting sliders.

Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70

Realized the sliders you provided I saw before at https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/958687-fifa-20-os-community-sliders.html

Funny enough, I didn't give these sliders a try because of the high shot error. I tried their sliders for shorter halves and found it still didn't change that much. But after trying these sliders there are two critical aspects of the Gameplay that are fixed. 1) Fullbacks are now part of the game and not invisible. 2) Crossing, heading, etc actually works now and no longer broken. I believe the slider RUN FREQUENCY completely fixes this broken mess.

Funny enough, I find myself scoring more even with the high shot error. Its almost as if a higher shot error actually fixes your aiming. Astounding really.

I find the sliders slightly too easy but I'm having ALOT of fun with the Gameplay. After a full season I will slightly adjust to make it a tad bit more difficult. Nothing drastic as to destroy the Gameplay these sliders fix.

Thx my friend.

np man, do u have any content to share? like vids or streams?
  • GoonerSoldier

Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70

Thx my friend.

Haven't posted to youtube in awhile. Goonersoldier on ps4. On division 2 in Seasons but its impossible to get a game sometimes. And some games are so laggy cus most manual players are in Europe. :(

• Hey Wonder. I also play Legendary with Full MANUAL controls. What sliders do you adjust and set each to? Gameplay is terrible without adjusting sliders.

Sprint - 48/48
    Accel - 50/50
    Shot Error - 70/70
    Pass Error - 55/55
    Shot Speed - 50/50
    Pass Speed - 50/50
    Inj Freq - 90/90
    Inj Sev - 40/40
    GK Ability - 40/40
    Marking - 72/72
    Run Freq - 5/5
    Height - 51/51
    Length - 46/45
    Width - 48/48
    FB Pos - 5/5
    FT Control - 70/70

Thx my friend.

Haven't posted to youtube in awhile. Goonersoldier on ps4. On division 2 in Seasons but its impossible to get a game sometimes. And some games are so laggy cus most manual players are in Europe. :(

BEHOLD EVERYONE this is what fifa SHOULD LOOK LIKE! Nice match! I'd suggest u post more content or even try streaming it.