Flashback Neuer

Turkey_man
489 posts An Exciting Prospect
Wow this guy is amazing. Are many of you using him?

I've been using his normal gold card up until now and he hasn't been great. Always been envious of those with Ter Stegen in their team as he seems to save a lot. I actually thought the save with feet trait might be the difference with him but obviously not.

I didn't think goalkeepers made much difference as long as you had someone fairly high rated but flashback Neuer has proved me wrong.

His speed off the line shuts down lots of 1v1s and anything remotely close to him is getting saved.

So glad I got this card!

Comments

• Sampaa
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same here mate. Been looking for a top GK I can rely on, had Handanovic, tried RTTF Ter Stegen, was considering even selling my mid Puyol, even though I really didn't want to, to try mid Yashin. Was considering going for mid Van Der Sar in icon swap... Really wanted one I could rely on. Did the flashback sbc for 30k + what I had lying around in my club with 2 minutes left to spare before it finished yesterday :D and in the few games I've played he's been what I've wanted. Just can solidly rely on him. Great keeper.
  • Turkey_man
    What CB's are you linking with him? I run Bundesliga so have Hernandez and Akanji. They are both good but not close to top tier defenders.

Honestly can't believe what a step up Neuer has been. Don't think I've seen a keeper this good on the game, even TOTY Alisson didn't seem as good when I've faced him.
  • LahmChops
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    I put 6 by him yesterday and he didnt save anything. And i m not very good... he didnt seem like any special plauing against him.
  • Sampaa
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    What CB's are you linking with him? I run Bundesliga so have Hernandez and Akanji. They are both good but not close to top tier defenders.

Honestly can't believe what a step up Neuer has been. Don't think I've seen a keeper this good on the game, even TOTY Alisson didn't seem as good when I've faced him.

I have Manolas/RTTF Koulibaly, RTTF Juan Jesus and Mid Puyol. 3 at the back and Puyol gives 8 chem with manager and loyalty.
  • Illini McG
    1100 posts Professional
    Ter Stegen nif is still miles better.
  • Turkey_man
    Illini McG wrote: »
    Ter Stegen nif is still miles better.

I honestly don't agree.

When it comes to the marginal shots which could be saved neuer edges it.

For 1v1 if you time bringing your keeper out then the speed of neuer is a big advantage even with ter Stegen having the save with feet trait.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2020
    Check FUTBIN and read what people think about FB Neuer ... I´ve tried his loan and his performance was the same I expect from any other GK. Goalkeepers performances depend on the game desires and a few animations that Ter Stegen doesn´t have ( that´s why he is better ) Neuer has one especially stupid animation that allows you to score driven shots to the first post when you face him.

I´m using Hradecky ( I have his IF untradeable ) or Areola to give my CBs full chem and that´s enough. In this WL I´ve won 6, 4 of them against Ter Stegen and one against Neuer FB. Nothing special. When OTW Ben Yedder shoots there is no gk that can save it, even one with all his stats in 99. :D
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    He was terrible for me, Felt like he had 0 reactions just stood there like a potato letting goals in.