The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

EA ruins this game

AFC AJAX NR 1
13160 posts Has That Special Something
edited January 11
The best and only enjoyable aspect of this game is the addictive card-collecting aspect. But throughout the years, EA has made this game worse while adding features that stimulates the incredibly boring Chelsea-Champions-League-winning-like-defensive play style.

This is my list of things what is wrong with the game:

1. Player switching: Forget the fact that it's been the worst it has ever been. I've got setting set on manual player switching and still the game regularly switches players for me automatically. It's causing me to concede goals and costing me games.

2. Slide tackles not always registering when pressing square on PS4.

3. They were supposed to fix defending so that a perfectly timed tackle would result in you claiming the ball. Instead the ball still bounces of you, right back into the opponent's player who is now clear on goal.

4. Power on passes not working correctly. Often I power up a pass to the max and it produces a slower as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ roller to my nearest team mate. Or the when I enter 1 power bar, and it passes it just blasts it across the pitch to no-one. However, there is often an opponent that automatically intercepts it.

5. Jockeying. Honestly, what the F, what is this BS? Manual tackling is still not rewarding but jockeying and auto-tackling will win you game. Players can rush straight into you, mistime the tackle completely, end up behind you and yet run backwards faster than you can run forward.

6. Passes not ending up where you aim for it.

7. High pressure not working. As an attacking-minded player who focuses on all out attack, I'd like to bring the heat. Sometimes I need to force a goal in the last 5 minutes to equalise or win, despite putting on constant pressure, backline set to 10 and everybody on "get forward", I still can't claim the ball back from a person who is wasting time in the back. My AI just won't get near my opponent's backline when he/she has the ball.

8. AI in this game is focused on the defensive aspect. Related to point 6, the entire team will move backwards when you lose possession even if just for a second rather than move forward to press high up the pitch, intercepts passes and claim the ball back quickly. I also notice this from an attacking point of view, often my players just stand there in perfect formation rather than being dynamic and making good attacking runs.

9. The impact engine. They introduced it and since then this game has never been the same. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like Messi can toss around the likes of Zlatan and Drogba like ragdolls just by running into them. During tackles, players get stuck, recover slowly and either ruin great chances for you or give away great chances to your opponent.

10. Free-kicks. Why is the top corner a blocked area in online gameplay but in squad battles I can aim for it no problem, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hell EA.
Post edited by AFC AJAX NR 1 on

Comments

• Remember the pitch notes they gave us about fifa 20 at the end of 19?

Those promises aged well eh... What a barrel of laughs they are now looking back
  • Brunjes_FC
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    the incredibly boring Chelsea-Champions-League-winning-like-defensive play style.

Hey, you take that back!

• Queens11
    1941 posts Play-Off Hero
    Remember the pitch notes they gave us about fifa 20 at the end of 19?

Those promises aged well eh... What a barrel of laughs they are now looking back

Remember them well we all got Well shafted there Thinking they would actually fix something
  • Queens11 wrote: »
    Remember the pitch notes they gave us about fifa 20 at the end of 19?

Remember them well we all got Well shafted there Thinking they would actually fix something

EA are like that pizza delivery service that promises top notch pizzas, and then when it arrives it looks like its been dropped on the floor
  • DFC1983
    1221 posts Professional
    throughout the years, EA has made this game worse while adding features that stimulates the incredibly boring Chelsea-Champions-League-winning-like-defensive play style.

:| Lost my vote. :D
  • silverdale10
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    The best and only enjoyable aspect of this game is the addictive card-collecting aspect. But throughout the years, EA has made this game worse while adding features that stimulates the incredibly boring Chelsea-Champions-League-winning-like-defensive play style.

1. Player switching: Forget the fact that it's been the worst it has ever been. I've got setting set on manual player switching and still the game regularly switches players for me automatically. It's causing me to concede goals and costing me games.

2. They were supposed to fix defending so that a perfectly timed tackle would result in you claiming the ball. Instead the ball still bounces of you, right back into the opponent's player who is now clear on goal.

3. Power on passes not working correctly. Often I power up a pass to the max and it produces a slower as **** roller to my nearest team mate. Or the when I enter 1 power bar, and it passes it just blasts it across the pitch to no-one. However, there is often an opponent that automatically intercepts it.

4. Jockeying. Honestly, what the F, what is this BS? Manual tackling is still not rewarding but jockeying and auto-tackling will win you game. Players can rush straight into you, mistime the tackle completely, end up behind you and yet run backwards faster than you can run forward.

5. Passes not ending up where you aim for it.

6. High pressure not working. As an attacking-minded player who focuses on all out attack, I'd like to bring the heat. Sometimes I need to force a goal in the last 5 minutes to equalise or win, despite putting on constant pressure, backline set to 10 and everybody on "get forward", I still can't claim the ball back from a person who is wasting time in the back. My AI just won't get near my opponent's backline when he/she has the ball.

7. AI in this game is focused on the defensive aspect. Related to point 6, the entire team will move backwards when you lose possession even if just for a second rather than move forward to press high up the pitch, intercepts passes and claim the ball back quickly. I also notice this from an attacking point of view, often my players just stand there in perfect formation rather than being dynamic and making good attacking runs.

8. The impact engine. They introduced it and since then this game has never been the same. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like Messi can toss around the likes of Zlatan and Drogba like ragdolls just by running into them. During tackles, players get stuck, recover slowly and either ruin great chances for you or give away great chances to your opponent.

9. Free-kicks. Why is the top corner a blocked area in online gameplay but in squad battles I can aim for it no problem, **** hell EA.

You make some good points but I'm going to take issue with point 6. You don't have a god given right to equalise or net a winner in the last 5 mins. Opponent might be switching to possession and be good at retaining the ball, Why should he be punished and be denied a win he's worked hard for 85 minutes because you press one button? We all know it's easier to score cheese goals in the 90th (and 45th) so you can't blame people for closing out the game, as teams do IRL.
  • Arsenalfc93
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yep was 9-2 last night on fut champs and guess what EA today have turned my players off yawnnnnn just lost 2 back to back pens will go on a losing streak now

Just because i was doing good now im struggling to even have 5 shots disgraceful of a game
  • IxToMxI
    6873 posts League Winner
    You packed a Toty you have no moans this weekend
  • MHoney1234
    10043 posts Has That Special Something

2. They were supposed to fix defending so that a perfectly timed tackle would result in you claiming the ball. Instead the ball still bounces of you, right back into the opponent's player who is now clear on goal.

3. Power on passes not working correctly. Often I power up a pass to the max and it produces a slower as **** roller to my nearest team mate. Or the when I enter 1 power bar, and it passes it just blasts it across the pitch to no-one. However, there is often an opponent that automatically intercepts it.

4. Jockeying. Honestly, what the F, what is this BS? Manual tackling is still not rewarding but jockeying and auto-tackling will win you game. Players can rush straight into you, mistime the tackle completely, end up behind you and yet run backwards faster than you can run forward.

6. High pressure not working. As an attacking-minded player who focuses on all out attack, I'd like to bring the heat. Sometimes I need to force a goal in the last 5 minutes to equalise or win, despite putting on constant pressure, backline set to 10 and everybody on "get forward", I still can't claim the ball back from a person who is wasting time in the back. My AI just won't get near my opponent's backline when he/she has the ball.

7. AI in this game is focused on the defensive aspect. Related to point 6, the entire team will move backwards when you lose possession even if just for a second rather than move forward to press high up the pitch, intercepts passes and claim the ball back quickly. I also notice this from an attacking point of view, often my players just stand there in perfect formation rather than being dynamic and making good attacking runs.

8. The impact engine. They introduced it and since then this game has never been the same. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like Messi can toss around the likes of Zlatan and Drogba like ragdolls just by running into them. During tackles, players get stuck, recover slowly and either ruin great chances for you or give away great chances to your opponent.

9. Free-kicks. Why is the top corner a blocked area in online gameplay but in squad battles I can aim for it no problem, **** hell EA.

Stop reading when you started slating Chelsea.
  • Arsenalfc93
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The way the game changes is mental how do people get 30-0 because the amount bs in this game is unreal
  • AlexBear012
    2192 posts Fans' Favourite
    The way the game changes is mental how do people get 30-0 because the amount bs in this game is unreal

They're very very good
  • AFC AJAX NR 1

You make some good points but I'm going to take issue with point 6. You don't have a god given right to equalise or net a winner in the last 5 mins. Opponent might be switching to possession and be good at retaining the ball, Why should he be punished and be denied a win he's worked hard for 85 minutes because you press one button? We all know it's easier to score cheese goals in the 90th (and 45th) so you can't blame people for closing out the game, as teams do IRL.

Besides the fact that it should be up to me whether or not I want to play the game, and not the game deciding for me that the AI should stay back instead of putting pressure, this point also related to those people who waste an entire half passing the ball around the back wasting time which you can do nothing about because the AI doesn't put pressure.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    IxToMxI wrote: »

EA still owes me.
  • Wi1son73
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite

He does have a point. But he just looks like a mad man because he lost! We all know what’s he’s on about, well most off us, but to an outsider, he just rambling ❤️❤️❤️❤️...
  • WarrenBarton
    9877 posts League Winner
    Point 2 was 100% reversed in the following patch
  • greggles
    2065 posts Fans' Favourite
    IxToMxI wrote: »

• AFC AJAX NR 1
    Wi1son73 wrote: »

He does have a point. But he just looks like a mad man because he lost! We all know what’s he’s on about, well most off us, but to an outsider, he just rambling ****...

Haven't played a game all week yet. Still need to start but not looking forward to it.
  • WarrenBarton
    9877 posts League Winner

He does have a point. But he just looks like a mad man because he lost! We all know what’s he’s on about, well most off us, but to an outsider, he just rambling ****...

Haven't played a game all week yet. Still need to start but not looking forward to it.

I’d hold off til next week if I was you, game feels horrid Henry right now
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    “You took the words right outta my mouth”...
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional

Dont play! Put your controller down! Ive stopped! Everyone stop! Dry up this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of a game
  • BSDShoes
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 11
    player switching, passing power and passing to the right person are my biggest issues. I don't even use jockey, never touch that button, it's just stupid, and yes you can just plow your player into the ball carrier to loosen the ball since tackling just sends the ball back to the carrier or another teammate.

you can't play football in this game, instead you have to play the system. I had to deal with this in EA's NHL series too.

And patch 1.06 basically reversed this promise, AI defending is unreal now.
    T6bmTDL.jpg
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Why we expect so much from EA?

Maybe the FIFA team is just a bunch of low-skilled devs.
  • Wi1son73
    edited January 11
    Played 6 DR’s game yesterday for the first time in a week, all I can say is every game was OMFG ..

I don’t understand why every game feels like a grind, a constant fight with your controller. Try and fight your way out of constant mud feeling..
    Whiles you can see your opponent fly about like his connection is smooth.. (just feels and looks that way)

Watch in disbelief at your opponent has 2 shots ONLY and won 2-0 when I’ve had 9 shots all within the box saved or miss!!.. I mean clear cut chances and not just willy nilly

• DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    STOP PLAYING, DONT BUY 21
  • Burnzee Boyee
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played 6 DR’s game yesterday for the first time in a week, all I can say is every game was OMFG ..

I don’t understand why every game feels like a grind, a constant fight with your controller. Try and fight your way out of constant mud feeling..
    Whiles you can see your opponent fly about like his connection is smooth.. (just feels and looks that way)

Watch in disbelief at your opponent has 2 shots ONLY and won 2-0 when I’ve had 9 shots all within the box saved or miss!!.. I mean clear cut chances and not just willy nilly

I've had too many games with the 'heavy' or 'stuck in mud' feeling and it's not a great feeling, knowing that not only are you trying to battle against a poor game engine, but some person on the other side who doesnt seem affected at all.

I actually left an online league as many folk thought the heavy in mud thing was an excuse I was making up, till one of them experienced it.

I get the feeling it's worse the lower Division you are as I have been stuck in div 8 since November, I was div 4 to start with. Now I just dont care what div I'm in..
  • Knowlesdinho
    12908 posts Has That Special Something

There's a forum poster called piotr, is this the same guy?
  • Fab
    19436 posts World Class

yes it's him he's become an icon (the good kind) around these parts
  • WarrenBarton
    9877 posts League Winner

Is Piotr pooter but in an unusual accent
  • Wi1son73

I've had too many games with the 'heavy' or 'stuck in mud' feeling and it's not a great feeling, knowing that not only are you trying to battle against a poor game engine, but some person on the other side who doesnt seem affected at all.

I actually left an online league as many folk thought the heavy in mud thing was an excuse I was making up, till one of them experienced it.

I get the feeling it's worse the lower Division you are as I have been stuck in div 8 since November, I was div 4 to start with. Now I just dont care what div I'm in..

I was a Div6 first player at the start and was Div6-div4 in fifa19.. Due to objectives I’m now in div8 myself. (Rage quit loads)
    Feel a lot of players rely on AI help, so team press/ constant pressure etc is use a lot. With no punishment (well it just seem like that)
    Then loads use Auto indicator rather than high ball and loose ball in settings.(every player on you like flees to poo 💩)

Also you have poor players using the internet with what they have, so if the family is using Netflix etc, you get lag compensated..
    So all that mixed together, it’s one horrible hard div to get out off..

You can easily beat high pressured players with responsive gameplay, but struggle with horrible gameplay... which is very frustrating and annoying.