The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

First time 5-0 in WL (question)

Dolph
1182 posts Professional
So I’m a gold 3 (maybe 2 on a good day) player but today I started 5-0 usually start 3-2 or 2-3. After that I started to face super teams (6-7m+) and lost 3 straight. So is it pretty common to face super teams when u get up in elo?

Comments

• TheTataGuy
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 10
    You will end gold 2 max, but to answer your question, but yes the more you win how bigger the chances are you will face better teams
  • IxToMxI
    6760 posts Big Money Move
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    You will end gold 2 max, but to answer your question, but yes the more you win how bigger the chances are you will face better teams

This the best starts always end with horrible end games.

Makes sense though to get the top ranks you have to beat the best players
  • BK1892
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don’t get you hopes up. I went went 14-1 a few weeks back and still finished gold 1, 1 win of elite. No matter how bad/good I seem to be playing I always end up the same. Gold 2/1.

But yes, better the record, the better teams you usually play.
  • Dolph
    1182 posts Professional
    IxToMxI wrote: »

I didn’t really expect to finish any better just curious if the better teams are always stacked?
  • Rezamoh33
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    it dosent matter how you start, it ends where you have to be!! I have been locked on 17-11 for each weekend of the past 5 months! exact the same record! it is crazy! some times I start 14-2 and end at 17-11 sometimes 10-8 and finish 17-11!

Game is dead! only works for the ones have stack fifa points! I can never touch a TOTY since my whole squad doesnt worth more than 3.5 Mil and never can pick up a win against 40 mil squads! so enjoy your weekend! don't stress yourself, grab a beer and play for fun!
  • IxToMxI
    6760 posts Big Money Move
    Dolph wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »

I didn’t really expect to finish any better just curious if the better teams are always stacked?

Nope not from my experience anyway that sounds like bad luck tbf, I usually get to 13/14-0 then start hitting great players I don’t really look at teams and think ah wow this will be tough I look at the teams and review which players are dangerous etc but it’s really the player behind the team that matters I played a guy last weekend who had complete rare gold team not a single special card and he handed my backside to me unreal player

Don’t be put off by a good team, W/L half the battle is mental if you give the opposition respect for their team you’ll always come short my man
  • graff26lfc
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im 1-0 im retiring on that record
  • TurdFerguson
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you are actually trying to improve the way you play, it’s realistic to gradually improve to a certain extent, but if you think you can just improve your team and you will have better results, think again
  • AliasMaurice
    2314 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm a gold 2 player sometimes gold 1 and the match making balances out.

Sometime I can start 9 and 1. Best is 18 and 4. Sometimes start 4 and 6. Still get between 17 and 20 wins.

You'll do the same.