Lag with New Xbox-S

Pnub
1009 posts Professional
I brought a new xbox one s yesterday as the power box on my old one blew and I'm having issues with speed up lag with online matches now which i never had with the old xbox. Maybe once a game the screen just stutters and when it comes back it just goes into super speed my players having run off in whatever direction they were heading in before and frustratingly a couple of goals scored against
I have reset my router, deleted and reinstalled the game and even done a full reinstall on the xbox its self and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues or any other tips.

Comments

• Addicksfan
    3559 posts National Call-Up
    How have you connected your Xbox to the internet? Sounds like your wireless

Speed up lag generally suggests it's your connection. You can resolve the speed up lag if you can go wired
  • Pnub
    1009 posts Professional
    Yeah I am running wireless at the moment that may be something i have to try although its just weird never had an issue at all with the old xbox. Game runs fine if i play squad battles only have problems in online friendlies or rivals.
  • Addicksfan
    3559 posts National Call-Up
    Pnub wrote: »
    Yeah I am running wireless at the moment that may be something i have to try although its just weird never had an issue at all with the old xbox. Game runs fine if i play squad battles only have problems in online friendlies or rivals.

Yeah you having same issues I had, only when I went wired did the speed up lag stop
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    How have you connected your Xbox to the internet? Sounds like your wireless

Speed up lag generally suggests it's your connection. You can resolve the speed up lag if you can go wired

Yep go wired
  • Pnub
    1009 posts Professional
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to give it a go and hopefully it fixes the problem just requires moving my modem.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    100% go wired mate, it makes so much of a difference that I wouldn't even consider gaming wireless now
  • Pnub
    1009 posts Professional
    I wired my xbox and 2 games in so far no lag *knocks on wood*. Cheers to everyone for the help if only it could fix the fact that my players can't pass shoot or switch lol