The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Prime Stoichkov or Base R9

Carlo
1626 posts Play-Off Hero
Hey guys, here’s the team that I am using right now 07-EAF42-D-062-F-4243-A3-EC-7-B01-C3-A85-F7-E.png

I am currently trying to figure out which choice would be better. Prime Stoichko has a 3 star weak foot but stats wise is far better than R9. I am a huge fan of R9 in real life though I am Bulgarian. I am getting one of those 2 gents but still undecided which one to choose. Anyone tried both ot at least one of them who can share some feedback? Thanks in advance. Btw I do play 4-1-2-1-2 in game with Reus at Lm and I believe the rest are obvious.

Comments

• Andyh60
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes I have prime stoich and was literally asking myself the same thing but at the time he was around 200k lower so got him and yes sometimes weak foot can be an issue but yes overall top quality as I'm sure r9 is. However stamina and physical stats is why id go for Stoichkov.
  • Nicku32
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    I bought Prime Stoichkov last night and so far he feels terrible for me. I think his M/M work rates really hinder his ability for me (not that this helps as R9 also has this). He just rarely seemed to make a run and be in the best position for me to score goals with him. I felt like his stats didnt reflect his in game ability unfortunately. One thing to note is I found the game very unresponsive last night so that could be a factor. I also found his 3* WF a lot more of a hindrance than I expected. Honestly enjoyed POTM Vardy more than him so far in my experience. I was using IF Ronaldo before him and he was better, but again the servers and connection were pretty awful last night. I was almost at 1800 skill points and now I'm one loss away from going down to division 3 since buying him.
  • ozcs_69
    3764 posts National Call-Up
    how the hll do you have such a luck in your red picks?
  • Carlo
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    ozcs_69 wrote: »

100 % of the team you see is untradeable. There’s one special thing that I always do in red picks and seems to work most of the times.
  • Carlo
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Opinions on Base R9 anyone?
  • Riotiga
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Carlo wrote: »

100 % of the team you see is untradeable. There’s one special thing that I always do in red picks and seems to work most of the times.

...which is?
  • DodgyAussie
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 7
    There’s one special thing that I always do in red picks and seems to work most of the times.

Do you hold off on opening the pack for a few days?
  • Carlo
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Riotiga wrote: »

...which is?
    There’s one special thing that I always do in red picks and seems to work most of the times.

Do you hold off on opening the pack for a few days?

Nope I always open them in the first 30-40 seconds after the rewards are released. Literally 30-40 seconds the most no more. Sometimes even 4-5 seconds. Works fine for me so far. I also got red Lewa, Allan and I can’t even remember each and everyone decent.
  • DodgyAussie
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    That’s very cool mate.
  • Nicku32
    I've tried him again tonight and the connection felt better but he just made my whole team feel so much worse and he was never just in the right place at the right time or never made great runs. Do not buy Stoichkov.
  • Carlo
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    I've tried him again tonight and the connection felt better but he just made my whole team feel so much worse and he was never just in the right place at the right time or never made great runs. Do not buy Stoichkov.

Thanks mate. I will stick to R9 then. I am trying to get him lower than lowest bin now :) Much appreciated!
  • Nicku32
    Nicku32 wrote: »

Thanks mate. I will stick to R9 then. I am trying to get him lower than lowest bin now :) Much appreciated!

Annoying that hes gone up in price!
  • Amdp9
    4237 posts National Call-Up
    Why this even a question
  • Guvnor
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used base r9 for about 250 games, I think he’s still the best striker Iv used, the 94 lw cr7 pushes him close when I used to move him to the middle, Iv had a load of primes around his price, currently rocking prime drogba, who has a shot from the gods and makes just as good runs but as he’s a bit bigger he feels slightly less agile so will move on to prime Henry soon, Iv had mid stoichkov who should be excellent especially in this fifa, but never really felt it, maybe it’s because I have more memories of ronaldo but honestly If say I packed base r9 untradeable it would not bother me having him as my end game striker.
  • Carlo
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Why this even a question

Cuz stats look close mate, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't even ask that :D
  • AliasMaurice
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd get base stoichov and Ronaldo.
  • AliasMaurice
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd get base stoichov and Ronaldo.

Just clocked you mean the Brazilian Ronaldo.

I'd keep saving for mid Ronaldo but stoichov is on my wanted list. I'll probably get the base tho.
  • Carlo
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Okay guys,

What St would you recommend for 2m the most in this case ?