The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

How can people still play D1?

Dodds
8766 posts League Winner
I've stayed away for a really long time, I've got a high 2:1 ratio. But my god I've came back to it for one of my review teams.

It's painfully mind numbing, I played a guy before it was 0-0 and he was passing around the back. He had 72% possession at FT. Also Desailly getting thrown about like a rag doll from Walcott and Sanchez beating him for headers.

Think I might need to stay to cups as it's really not fun at all.

Comments

• LeeRedz
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm consistent in DIV1 these days, I used to play for fun with players I like, hitting outrageous long shots, skills etc so i never went past DIV 3. But now i've started playing more seriously and yeah... I just get thrown about haha, but i still hold. Thing is though, i prefer DIV1 players to gold cup players, the first two rounds of gold cup is too easy, after that i face really desperate aggressive opponents and it's frustrating. Also, when two players abuse high aggression, what happens? haha because I don't use any tactics, start that game as it comes, but i've always wondered haha
  • Dodds
    8766 posts League Winner
    @LeeRedz I used to play Div quite a bit, but the high pressure etc with no time on the ball. Them holding RB and A, soon as they have it they have so much time on the ball it's crazy.

I try to spot little passes however everything always goes through to their defence or GK. No wonder so many people have stopped playing.

I play cause I actually like the game but Div is definitely putting me off.
  • NejvetsiBorec
    1198 posts Professional
    edited July 2015
    Im playing Divisions for like 4 months in row now and enjoying it. People play decent football, sure some play like ****, but its not like people in Cups doesnt. Actually in terms of sweat, Single matches > Gold Cup > Divisions.

People like Gold Cup because there is basicly no competition and you can easily walk through it nearly every time if youer half decent at the game. In Divisions you are matched with people with similar skill level, which lets you improve. But also unfortunatly if two equally good people play against each other, luck becomes a big factor. Also dont forget, the logic in this community is the one who wins, wins because hes better, the loser losses because EA is against him.
    But I totally understand people who want easier matches.
  • Dodds
    8766 posts League Winner
    @NejvetsiBorec thing is mate I'm having 10+ shots and they're having atleast half. The opposing GK has around double the saves of mine and it's not like I've got Mandanda in goal it's Lehmann.

Everyone double pressure's it's so hard to move, my players don't even go to the ball. They always have an absolute age to pick a pass. Players like TOTY Robben getting caught up whilst being 1 on 1 by Koscielny etc.

Probably doesn't help my team rating is 91.
  • LeeRedz
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Must add, I made a odd teams the other day and wanted to test it in a lighthearted match before i put it in divisions so i thought what better than single matches. Jesus christ was i wrong, boy do those players NEED to win, using the sweatiest teams with the most over powered tactics in single matches genuinely shocked me. Just... seriously, THAT is desperate aha.
  • Marion024
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dodds wrote: »
    @NejvetsiBorec thing is mate I'm having 10+ shots and they're having atleast half. The opposing GK has around double the saves of mine and it's not like I've got Mandanda in goal it's Lehmann.

Everyone double pressure's it's so hard to move, my players don't even go to the ball. They always have an absolute age to pick a pass. Players like TOTY Robben getting caught up whilst being 1 on 1 by Koscielny etc.

Probably doesn't help my team rating is 91.

Something im experimenting with against these guys is starting my attack with a fullback and bringing him into the midfield.

Seems to get the pressure player stuck to my midfielders back to push up and come to the fullback.

• Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2015
    I don't stay in Div 1, I purposely get relegated every time. I really don't feel like enduring watching someone abuse poor game mechanics for a win, so I just don't.

Won Div 2 title every time i've gone up and I COULD compete in Div 1 but why bother. Every game mind numbingly boring and every team a copy of the last,no fun and no point.
  • Dropkiik Murphy
    1086 posts Professional
    Believe me the cups are far from any better. I thought trying out a few teams just to mess around with I would go and play the Gold Cup, as I really can't stand playing online single.
    I swear I must have been matched up with the biggest c#<%! EA could cunjur up for me.
    One match the guy was playing on park the bus and got a penalty and then decided to pass around the back. Sod it i quit that one. Really not going to waste my time for a poxy 400 coins.
    Next match laggy as hell I swear this opponent must have been stealing Internet from Starbucks or something. He takes the lead watches every replay SMH. I make it 2-1 and low and behold he gets a rebound goal near the end and does the shhh celebration and watches every replay and then proceeds to pass the ball around the back for the remainder of the match.
    I did message him questioning why the need to act like a muppet on a video game, sad acting this way when he is an adult (something he didn't deny)
    The community is pure toilet basically. KSI wannabes living in the year 2012 who still think it's call to say "are you mad bro"
  • Welly
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just played this kid in H2H seasons (divison 1 ofcoruse, i'm legit) and beat him 3-2. His goals were the same trashy goal everyone scores nowadays. He was containing, parking the bus even though his players had low attacking work rates, and was on high pressure. He was utter crap. He then started yelling into he mic saying how I am his first loss and how I was lucky. Well fun fact kid, it's called playing the legit way of Fifa.

His record after the match:
    Screenshot_2015_07_10_14ghghghghg.png

This shows that I am the best and most legit Fifa player out there. All you trashy kids playing your trashy styles, don't think because you have a good record it makes you good, I will despose of all you rats. Your high pressure and contain wont work against me sorry kids.

Lets hope Fifa 16 EA decides to grow a pair and remove these exploits from the game so you then have nothing to rely on and then you quit for good and go back to playing Bob the builder you f*gboys. I'm the best legit player you will ever find. Gg no re kids.
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Because its incredibly easy.
  • Rob S
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    its not just d1 as well ive found. last night i saw something for the first time which sums up a big slice of fifa players...

the guy was winning 2-1 with a fairly lucky goal (from a corner) at about 80 minutes, ive been battering his keeper but lo and behold, hes making amazing saves from tots hazard and sanchez, and although im pressuring him quite hard, hes not able to come too far forward. about 85ig minutes, hes breaking down the rw with sanchez, stops, and turns aroung, sprints back down the touchline to nearly in line with the 18yd box, and tries to run across the box to the opposite corner. wtf! never seen that kind of timewasting before.