Is weekend league easier if you lose the 1st 5 games

Singaporefifafan
241 posts Sunday League Hero
We all know the first 5 games give you a "ranking" anyone know if the rest of the 25 are against easier opponents if you lose on purpose?

Comments

• MuzzaLUFC
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thought it was rivals where your first 5 give you a ranking.. whereas WL, you can play anyone within a certain distance of your WL record

I’ve only done it once this season, started off with 2 L’s, then 6 W’s before my W/L record was about 60/40 until I hit G3 and stopped
  • Singaporefifafan
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    No mate weekend league says u get ranked after first 5 games
  • Bangers1
    53 posts Park Captain
    Would be interested in the answer to this?
  • Hatetheplaye7
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    Obviously because you'd have a lower form... That's like saying if I lose 10 rivals in a row will the next few be easier... It will equal it self out thou... You won't go 25-5 just cause you lost your first five
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Easier if you lose your first 15, that is for sure :)
  • wallik88
    212 posts Sunday League Hero
    Obviously because you'd have a lower form... That's like saying if I lose 10 rivals in a row will the next few be easier... It will equal it self out thou... You won't go 25-5 just cause you lost your first five

He wasn’t saying that, he’s saying it should be easier opponents lol read it again
  • Orison
    64803 posts Icon
    We all know the first 5 games give you a "ranking" anyone know if the rest of the 25 are against easier opponents if you lose on purpose?

That's not how WL works lol.

Losing your first 5 games puts you on -5 form, but it doesn't "rank" you for the entire WL. So yeah WL will be easy until you reach your usual form again at which point it becomes the exact same as before.
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    But first 5 you can play anyone playing their first 5, then matchmaking kicks in.

So in theory a game in your first 5 could be super easy, or really, really hard.

• garmak
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    It says you don't get anything until you play 5 games, but I think that means you dont qualify for rewards until that point. Your form would be 0, then -1, then -2, and so on.
  • ILevis
    1375 posts Professional
    If you lose your first 5 games, you get super easy opponents after that. But as you win against those opponents, your win/loss-ratio goes up and you start facing harder opponents. In the end you will end up where you would have ended up regardless.

The first 15-20 games of the weekend league are basically meaningless. You only need to turn it up in the last few games, when you get matched against tougher opponents if you want to reach a better rank
  • PirateW
    436 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2020
    No, it means your rank doesn't stand for any rewards until you've played 5 games.
    Bronze 1 is 4-5 wins so if you end the weekend league on 4 wins you would claim 7500 coins and a premium gold players pack.
    But if you've only played 4 games then you're not ranked, which means you'll get nothing.

So winning 4 games from 4 matches and stopping there will get you nothing as you don't have a rank, but winning 1 game from 5 matches would give you a rank of Bronze 3 and start making you eligible to be given the relevant reward.

It doesn't mean you get ranked on skill to determine what class of opponents you face afterwards.
    Post edited by PirateW on
  • Barry Allannnn
    1613 posts Play-Off Hero
    PirateW wrote: »
    No, it means your rank doesn't stand for any rewards until you've played 5 games.
    Bronze 1 is 4-5 wins so if you end the weekend league on 4 wins you would claim 7500 coins and a premium gold players pack.
    But if you've only played 4 games then you're not ranked, which means you'll get nothing.

So winning 4 games from 4 matches and stopping there will get you nothing as you don't have a rank, but winning 1 game from 5 matches would give you a rank of Bronze 1 and start making you eligible to be given the relevant reward.

It doesn't mean you get ranked on skill to determine what class of opponents you face afterwards.

It kinda does as form works in intervals of 5. You're first 5 games are random. After that if you're 5-0 you'll play people on plus 5 etc.

I don't know why but if I start worse I tend to do better too. I was 8-5 last week and got elite comfortably. Week before I was 18-2 and it was a struggle to finish gold 1. I don't think the matchmaking always works as it's supposed to tbh.

• ILevis
    1375 posts Professional

So winning 4 games from 4 matches and stopping there will get you nothing as you don't have a rank, but winning 1 game from 5 matches would give you a rank of Bronze 1 and start making you eligible to be given the relevant reward.

It kinda does as form works in intervals of 5. You're first 5 games are random. After that if you're 5-0 you'll play people on plus 5 etc.

I don't know why but if I start worse I tend to do better too. I was 8-5 last week and got elite comfortably. Week before I was 18-2 and it was a struggle to finish gold 1. I don't think the matchmaking always works as it's supposed to tbh.

Form doesnt work in intervals of 5, it always takes the entire weekend league in account
  • graff26lfc
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Im ok i lose the first 30
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Thing is if you lose your first 5 that you could have won...ot means you have 5 less games and less wins..
  • ILevis
    1375 posts Professional
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    Thing is if you lose your first 5 that you could have won...ot means you have 5 less games and less wins..

You play against easier opponents though, so you will most likely still reach the same amount of wins
  • Barry Allannnn
    1613 posts Play-Off Hero
    ILevis wrote: »

Form doesnt work in intervals of 5, it always takes the entire weekend league in account

Yes it does. 15-0 is the same as being 29-0 form stops at 15. It goes up 5,10,15
  • ILevis
    1375 posts Professional

Yes it does. 15-0 is the same as being 29-0 form stops at 15. It goes up 5,10,15

Yes, form is capped at +15, that is true. The rest isnt.

Im a gold 1 player if i play all 30 games. However i usually just forfeit the first 10 games. After that i go on a massive win streak, usually 17 wins in a row until i hit gold 2. According to your logic, i would start playing insane players as soon as i have 5 wins. I can guarantee you im not, otherwise i wouldnt be able to hit gold 2 so easily after starting 0-10

Feel free to read the matchmaking pitch notes from EA again if you dont believe me, seem like you misunderstood something
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2020
    The first important goal for FUT Champions is to ensure that every weekend is a clean slate for players to compete for wins and rewards. To do this, we use something called ‘form’ as a key driver of matchmaking in each Weekend League.

Everyone starts each weekend fresh at zero form, moving up or down with each win or loss. In football terms, match form of W/L/W/W/W would result in a +3 form. Players with similar form are then paired in matchmaking.

The result is that players that are better than average in the Weekend League (which is already a very skilled group of players) will quickly boost their form. The higher their form gets, the more challenging the competition becomes. Only the best of the best can consistently beat players with high form and attain Elite and Top 100 status.

The second key piece to matchmaking is location. Players are matched based on their location and proximity to our dedicated game servers to ensure quality matches.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    edited April 2020
    So basically that’s why as soon as I go to 9-4 or 8-3 I suddenly start going on insane losing streaks? The middle 10 games in WL are usually torture for me. I’m lucky if I win one.
  • ILevis wrote: »

Im a gold 1 player if i play all 30 games. However i usually just forfeit the first 10 games. After that i go on a massive win streak, usually 17 wins in a row until i hit gold 2. According to your logic, i would start playing insane players as soon as i have 5 wins. I can guarantee you im not, otherwise i wouldnt be able to hit gold 2 so easily after starting 0-10

Feel free to read the matchmaking pitch notes from EA again if you dont believe me, seem like you misunderstood something

Does the games count if you forfeit? I thought you had to complete the game for it to count towards your form rating?

I read somewhere that the games dont get harder until you have won 11 matches, then you get bumped up to the next level.
  • Mogga
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite

Does the games count if you forfeit? I thought you had to complete the game for it to count towards your form rating?

I read somewhere that the games dont get harder until you have won 11 matches, then you get bumped up to the next level.

I am pretty much always 3-2 or 2-3 after 5. I then limp to 11 but once I hit 11 I can very often not lose again. Makes no sense to me.

I have a good team in my opinion but out of the 28 games I played last weekend I would say on paper at least it was worse than my opponents about 80 percent of the time. Half of them were basically full Spanish tots or German tots sides
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    I find that I usually win 4-5 of the first 5 and then lose like 10 in a row! Might try losing the first 5 now...
  • DannySTFC
    7188 posts Big Money Move
    My weekends are pretty much always the same. Great start, something like 7-2, then it gets a little rough, then it levels out again and I win more then I lose and finish with 17 wins with 2-3 spare. It’s my level and I can accept that!

This weekend a little better though, got to 17 with 6 left so pushed and finished on 20.
  • CarpeDiem
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    I find that I usually win 4-5 of the first 5 and then lose like 10 in a row! Might try losing the first 5 now...

I dont think it will make much difference, ultimately theres never going to be that many on -5 form at the same time so they have to find someone to match you with so then form based matchmaking goes out the window and you could get a top 100 player at 0-5

• SimenHP
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Not really in my opinion. The few times I've played WL I'm usually ending with 17-19 wins. But 2 weeks ago I played WL and ended with 9 :open_mouth: wins and 19 loses. And in my last 10 games in that WL I think I won maybe 2 and I have never met so hard opponents, everyone was insane + had insane teams, if I would have guessed they all felt like atleast gold 1 players, but most likely elite, to top 100 players
  • Chavez76
    9053 posts League Winner
    it does not matter, you will end up in the same 'form' bracket in the end.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    i dont think so.

i find the first 11 wins are like a warm up for me and then the 12th I need to really concentrate as the opponent becomes so much better.
    it happens every single week and its always on 11 wins.
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you lose the first 5( I once lost 7) I can assure you it is nothing but an uphill struggle, very rare for me to win 3 games on the trot,