The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Are we ready for a Tadic ToTY?!

AFC AJAX NR 1
13160 posts Has That Special Something
edited January 5
It's all rigged if he doesn't get in :(

4c474c493b0fcc16a6de4664b3bb2c2d.pngsource: transfermarkt
9d08c8533ab77d571e333fa7364400bc.pngShimmeringSpitefulIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Post edited by AFC AJAX NR 1 on

Comments

• MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Then it’s rigged

753812-E7-CB48-4-BBD-BA6-C-AD9-E37-B24-B95.jpg
  • HulkSmashPotato
    686 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 5
    It's all rigged if he doesn't get in :(

f97dded9f352642abecebe280b21ac53.png
    source: transfermarkt

9d08c8533ab77d571e333fa7364400bc.png

He doesn't sell packs

Will be a SBC?
  • BeefyRabouter
    2208 posts Fans' Favourite
    Serbian CR7 deserves to be in.
  • Bapinho
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    YOUR DEFENSE IS TERRIFIED CAUSE TADIC ON FIREEEEEEEE

HELLYEAH although i personally have the feeling Ziyech might make it as SBC or objective
  • Chavez76
    4573 posts National Call-Up
    think that with 2 (last year's ) Ajax players we are already well and trully represented in this one :)
  • Torino21
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    Will not be in toty, maybe as an sbc. He doesn’t sell packs 😖 too bad because he is a monster and a big part of our beautiful journey last year ❌❌❌❤️
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    think that with 2 (last year's ) Ajax players we are already well and trully represented in this one :)

And yet there are no Ajax players in this ToTY despite Tadic outperforming Frenkie.
  • Chavez76
    4573 posts National Call-Up

And yet there are no Ajax players in this ToTY despite Tadic outperforming Frenkie.

its not only for the champions league ... Frenkie did some work fro Holland as well, where (here's where I am not sure..) Tadic maybe did less for his country?
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    edited January 5

And 0 Tottenham players and they reach the final. Tadic did a great job, but don’t see why he would be in the team in stead of Mbappe, Mane, Messi or Salah.
  • Torino21

And 0 Tottenham players and they reach the final. Tadic did a great job, but don’t see why he would be in the team in stead of Mbappe, Mane, Messi or Salah.

Tbh, tottenham played mediocre football all year. Ajax was beautiful to see and outnumbered Madrid, juve and survived a difficult group stage.
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    edited January 5
    Torino21 wrote: »

And yet there are no Ajax players in this ToTY despite Toadic outperforming Frenkie.

Tbh, tottenham played mediocre football all year. Ajax was beautiful to see and outnumbered Madrid, juve and survived a difficult group stage.

Yeah they did, but it’s a team of the year and not a team of the cl. Now we see some number of goals and assists where Salah would have made 40 goals in the eredivisie if he was playing there.

And if you want to compare with numbers.. where is Lewandowski.
  • Torino21
    Torino21 wrote: »

And yet there are no Ajax players in this ToTY despite Toadic outperforming Frenkie.

Yeah they did, but it’s a team of the year and not a team of the cl. Now we see some number of goals and assists where Salah would have made 40 goals in the eredivisie if he was playing there.

And if you want to compare with numbers.. where is Lewandowski.

Totally agree. I guess he will make 60 in our Mickey Mouse league 🤣. Well, just wait and see what money lurking ideas ea will come up coming days
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    edited January 5

God knows how Spurs made the finals, bit of luck and crap football, it's like football is based on FIFA.

Maybe you should check the stats as to why Tadic should be in besides Messi and Mbappe

Tadic showed it in both the CL and in the league, won all domestic prices and were seconds away from reaching the final on a budget that is a fraction of the PL clubs.
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    edited January 5

God knows how Spurs made the finals, bit of luck and crap football, it's like football is based on FIFA.

Maybe you should check the stats as to why Tadic should be in besides Messi and Mbappe

I did and don’t see it. Messi would have scored 100 goals and 121 assists in the eredivisie.

Oh and I know how Tottenham made it to the finals... 🤣
  • AFC AJAX NR 1

I did and don’t see it. Messi would have scored 100 goals and 121 assists in the eredivisie.

You clearly overlooked his stats in the CL
  • El_Nino
    4412 posts National Call-Up
    You’ll never get a player from the Dutch league in a TOTY these days, the league is far too weak to be able to compare to the big 5.

And yes he played well in the CL, but got knocked out by a pretty meh Spurs side, plus it’s much easier to perform in the CL when the league is so relaxed by comparison.

You won’t agree, but I’d bet my life he won’t get a TOTY spot, and that’ll be why(amongst other reasons).
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional

Where Messi easily beats Tadic?
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    Also fun to put on some stats of 2018/2019 while it’s only over the year 2019. Next time it’s better to prove your point with the right stats.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1000 posts Professional
    If Tadic gets a TOTY card it would be the only one worth of getting. At least for us who try to play with different teams. ⚽⚡
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    edited January 5
    Also fun to put on some stats of 2018/2019 while it’s only over the year 2019. Next time it’s better to prove your point with the right stats.

I clearly displayed the fact that this was bases on last season, because the silverware is based on a season, not a calendar year.

However, have it your way, I added the current season. And Tadic is still one of the top picks, but instead Ziyech has overtaken him.

4c474c493b0fcc16a6de4664b3bb2c2d.png
  • AFC AJAX NR 1

That's why I had Messi first on stats. Have you ever learned how to read?
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional

No I can’t read, but where is Lewandowski? He will beat Tadic easily if you talking about numbers.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1

No I can’t read, but where is Lewandowski? He will beat Tadic easily if you talking about numbers.

Simply because Lewandowski doesn't seem to be in any draft I've come across thus far so I didn't include him. But I just quickly checked on transfermarkt, and in the 18/19 season he had 40 goals + assists in 41 games (league +CL) putting him on a 0.98 ratio (rounded up). Putting him ahead Mane and Salah but behind anybody else.

However he has been doing much better this season with a 1.41 ratio (rounded up), it will be interesting to see if he can keep this form going on in the second half. Based on the 2nd half of 2019, an argument could indeed be made that Lewandowski should be included as one of the attackers.
  • Bapinho
    Tadic was a god last year. I will never forget his goal in Bernabeu; shouldve won the puskaz award. This season so far he plays "not the best" but still very good stats in terms of goals and assists.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3765 posts National Call-Up
    Regardless of how well Tadic and Ziyech have done in the Champions League this year that would be what, 12 games in the 2019 calendar year?

Unfortunately for both the other 35+ games they've played has been in a poor league, they haven't proven they can do it in the big leagues, Tadic at Southampton being a prime example that they can't replicate it every week at the top top level.

Tadic has no chance and until Ziyech leaves for a bigger club I believe it is the same.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    edited January 5
    Regardless of how well Tadic and Ziyech have done in the Champions League this year that would be what, 12 games in the 2019 calendar year?

Unfortunately for both the other 35+ games they've played has been in a poor league, they haven't proven they can do it in the big leagues, Tadic at Southampton being a prime example that they can't replicate it every week at the top top level.

Tadic has no chance and until Ziyech leaves for a bigger club I believe it is the same.

Player performance also depends on how well a player's style fits with the club and the players around him.

Just like Tadic really flourished at Ajax again (both domestic and international), I think he would have done much better at a team that plays passing football like City for example compared to the defend, kick-and-rush of the mid/bottom teams like Southampton.
  • GoodnightIrene

Player performance also depends on how well a player's style fits with the club and the players around him.

Just like Tadic really flourished at Ajax again (both domestic and international), I think he would have done much better at a team that plays passing football like City for example compared to the defend, kick-and-rush of the mid/bottom teams like Southampton.
    Agreed, but the point still remains, the Eredvisie has a worse quality than the second division in England for example let alone the first. Tadic is clearly a great player, but I'm not going to start calling for the inclusion of Kalvin Phillips and Mitrovic for example am I?

• hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    🤣 This can't be real. If we go by this Josef should be in!
  • Bapinho

yeah they only trashed juventus and real; totally no evidence for them to be making it in a big league
  • GoodnightIrene
    Bapinho wrote: »

yeah they only trashed juventus and real; totally no evidence for them to be making it in a big league
    Never said there is no evidence for it, said they haven't proven it. Fact is they are both playing 3 quarters of their season in a poor league, no player doing that should be considered for TOTY.