Why dont defenders track the player who just made a 1-2 pass

Singaporefifafan
255 posts Sunday League Hero
Why dont defenders with 99 def awareness etc not track the run of players who have just done a 1.2 pass leaving him to run into a open space towards the goal?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    19815 posts Moderator
    Would be nice if they buffed defending.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Because you’re meant to do that? 😁
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    Why dont defenders with 99 def awareness etc not track the run of players who have just done a 1.2 pass leaving him to run into a open space towards the goal?

Stop letting the AI play the game for you. Manually move your defenders and stop running back with Kante or w.e midfielder you have

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

Stop letting the AI play the game for you. Manually move your defenders and stop running back with Kante or w.e midfielder you have

This.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    1-2s are the oldest FIFA trick. You just switch and cover the run. Do you want the game to do all the work?
  • Jilshie_11
    80 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This year, defending is almost entirely on YOU. It’s a huge step up from players like me who did rely somewhat on the AI in last years FIFA.

I’m still getting the hang of it and it can be really annoying, though. Just keep trying and maybe watch some tutorials on how to control your defenders better.
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Because you’re meant to do that? 😁

This
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    The problem is, some games the AI does it on their own and sometimes they don’t. Super inconsistent and stupid. They shouldn’t be mirroring ball carriers or tracking runs like that to begin with
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    edited January 2020
    Everytime I switch, my player stops running that direction or doesn't move for a second.. so I still end up losing the player..
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Why dont defenders mark the medium workrate striker stood on the 6 yard box to reduce cut back goals?
  • YidArmy
    2461 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everytime I switch, my player stops running that direction or doesn't move for a second.. so I still end up losing the player..

Check your controller settings. There's an option to have your players carry on running or stop when player switching.