How do you make your entire team suddenly dash forward?

Jay1787
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
So not the offside trap but when I have the ball sometimes I suddenly see everyone except the defenders suddenly rush at me, I can't work out how to do it but I see it so much.

Comments

• kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    It’s pressure on heavy touch most likely
  • Jay1787
    kraid wrote: »

You sure, they're not heavy touches, it's just suddenly the whole team come at you because you're playing possession. It happens most with AI but still a lot with players
  • kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    Heavy touch also includes poor or underhit passes. It triggers more then you may expect. It’s the only way to get your team to instantly press like that. If it happens as you get possession then obviously it’s press on possession loss
  • ironawin1
    1321 posts Professional
    Might be offside trap in combination with team press
  • kj08
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Simple. Just score a goal. Then right as opponent kicks off, your whole defense goes bonkers and charges forward.
  • Jay1787
    It cannot be heavy touch, the passes are super soft and easy to deal with, there's no heavy touch, it's even triggered if you're standing still. I just don't know how other players do it. It's bugging me because so many times lately i have people passing between the GK and defenders wasting time so i turn on press and constant pressure and nothing, they stand dormant in defence and i have to run my players up myself.
  • NinthFall
    2710 posts National Call-Up
    Been wondering the same thing. A few have been able to do it
  • Salvatori
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    I dunno, but a small suggestion in the interest of forum tidyness...... maybe tomorrow combine all your moans (thinly veiled as "questions") into one thread, rather than 4 or 5 per day ;)

Seriously though man, we all moan but it seems like you need a break
  • If somebody passes around their defence for a while your team does it automatically
  • Jay1787
    Salvatori wrote: »
    I dunno, but a small suggestion in the interest of forum tidyness...... maybe tomorrow combine all your moans (thinly veiled as "questions") into one thread, rather than 4 or 5 per day ;)

It's a forum.... there's nothing 'tidy' about it. Why would i ask several different questions in one post? Each different question needs it's own post so people who have an answer can see it, and this isn't even a moan. This is a genuine question.

Thanks for your input though, i'll be sure you keep your forum tidy from now on :heart:
  • GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up

Forum tidyness?

Get a grip you melt.
  • Italionstallion91
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its the formation guys, I recently changed formation and now my players are doing it 😁
  • CycloMusic10
    961 posts Professional
    It is because of the fast build up, I'm 100% sure because I used...
  • kraid wrote: »

He's right. Pressure on heavy touch does this and not only for heavy touches (which you don't see many of other than when you're in behind anyway). A loose pass that's slightly off course, a weak pass and sometimes for reasons you can't fathom, the team storm forward. I had to stop using it as it was leaving me so exposed.
  • Dutch3723
    2140 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you keep possession for a little while (not sure if it’s timed or no. of passes) then regardless of tactics, the opposition will suddenly rush at you to get the ball back.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    I think it could be opponent manually switching to constant pressure and switching it off so that players don't run out of stamina. Also you are more prone to it if you play posession build up.

If pressure on heavy touch did that, all the players would be run out of stamina. It affects only really clumsy short passes.

Pressure on posession loss also doesn't work. You should clearly see and feel the difference that 7 seconds.
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    Dpad team press
  • Evilp3te
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its defo between offside trap and Dpad team press
  • Salvatori
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite

Forum tidyness?

Get a grip you melt.

I mean i was clearly taking the **** out of this guys because he posts about 8 moaning threads every day, you absolute rocket.
  • Jay1787

Forum tidyness?

Get a grip you melt.

I mean i was clearly taking the **** out of this guys because he posts about 8 moaning threads every day, you absolute rocket.

Rocket... haha, is that even an insult?
  • lippyone
    2654 posts National Call-Up
    It must be constant pressure (dpad)

However when I do d pad by players do not all rush forward, and it does not stop opponent from passing it about wasting time.

But in squad battles the AI attacks you if you waste time too long. Last season you could just pass your way to a draw then win on penalties, they have obviously added it in to stop that.

Have not seen that in rivals though.

• AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    Press after possession loss 7 seconds. Then in game select team press with d pad when your team sits too deep and opposition pass it about defence
  • Jay1787
    Press after possession loss 7 seconds. Then in game select team press with d pad when your team sits too deep and opposition pass it about defence

I've tried this before and I've never seen my team do this. I'll have to try a few more times. See if I did something wrong
  • kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I think it could be opponent manually switching to constant pressure and switching it off so that players don't run out of stamina. Also you are more prone to it if you play posession build up.

If pressure on heavy touch did that, all the players would be run out of stamina. It affects only really clumsy short passes.

Pressure on posession loss also doesn't work. You should clearly see and feel the difference that 7 seconds.

This is exactly why press on possession loss Is so effective. You get to press the opposition team but you don’t have the stamina drain of contestant pressure.

I definitely notice the press on possession loss affect and I can also notice when my opponent uses it so I can make sure I’m careful with possession for the those 7 seconds before I try to push forwards.

I think most of the posts people make complaining that opponents are using constant press for 90 minutes without losing stamina, are actually people using press on heavy touch. At times it can be very hard to distinguish between the two.
  • lippyone

This is exactly why press on possession loss Is so effective. You get to press the opposition team but you don’t have the stamina drain of contestant pressure.

I definitely notice the press on possession loss affect and I can also notice when my opponent uses it so I can make sure I’m careful with possession for the those 7 seconds before I try to push forwards.

I think most of the posts people make complaining that opponents are using constant press for 90 minutes without losing stamina, are actually people using press on heavy touch. At times it can be very hard to distinguish between the two.

I find I have a great first half when employ POHT, normally dominate thegame, which is good for inducing a few rage quits. However tend to really suffer in the second half, end up either being caught up or have to cling on for dear life.
  • kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    lippyone wrote: »

I find I have a great first half when employ POHT, normally dominate thegame, which is good for inducing a few rage quits. However tend to really suffer in the second half, end up either being caught up or have to cling on for dear life.

Depends on the opposition. Many can’t deal with it, some people go more attacking and it can leave you a bit open at the back. That’s why it’s important to have a few tactics To switch between depending on the situation.

Definitely been starting stronger since I switched to poht though
  • Der Tooldoktor
    222 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jay1787 wrote: »

I've tried this before and I've never seen my team do this. I'll have to try a few more times. See if I did something wrong

Try to keep track whether you've got better match stats when this happens. If you have more posession, better pass accuracy etc. and especially if you're opponent has barely been near your goal until then.

As the game will try to balance the game out and will make the game harder for the player who's dominating and make the game easier for the player who gets dominated.
    Basically the more you just sit back, defend and (LB) Y to forwards each time you get the ball, you'll most likely end up having less posession and less pass accuracy, while you're overloading your opponent's defender's and midfielder's with ball wins, tackles & interceptions, the game will try to balance that out.

What that means is that, because your opponent has more posession everywhere on the pitch, your team will automatically mark and close down your opponen'ts players and because you overloaded his defence with ball wins, interceptions and tackles, the game will make it a lot harder for them from that moment on.

These moments usually occur after 30 min, 60 min and 80 min. These are separate from the 45 min & 90 min and kick off goals.
  • Jay1787

Try to keep track whether you've got better match stats when this happens. If you have more posession, better pass accuracy etc. and especially if you're opponent has barely been near your goal until then.

As the game will try to balance the game out and will make the game harder for the player who's dominating and make the game easier for the player who gets dominated.
    Basically the more you just sit back, defend and (LB) Y to forwards each time you get the ball, you'll most likely end up having less posession and less pass accuracy, while you're overloading your opponent's defender's and midfielder's with ball wins, tackles & interceptions, the game will try to balance that out.

What that means is that, because your opponent has more posession everywhere on the pitch, your team will automatically mark and close down your opponen'ts players and because you overloaded his defence with ball wins, interceptions and tackles, the game will make it a lot harder for them from that moment on.

These moments usually occur after 30 min, 60 min and 80 min. These are separate from the 45 min & 90 min and kick off goals.

This is 100% accurate. Just played 2 games with 70% possession and 90+ pass accuracy because both teams had 9 men in their box and refused to come forward, both teams blocked every through ball, every shot, every 1v1 was saved by De Gea then a kick from the GK hands, Lenglet jumped to head it and missed it comepletely, 30 yards out, Vardy POTM half volley straight down the middle past Ter Stegen.
  • lippyone

This is 100% accurate. Just played 2 games with 70% possession and 90+ pass accuracy because both teams had 9 men in their box and refused to come forward, both teams blocked every through ball, every shot, every 1v1 was saved by De Gea then a kick from the GK hands, Lenglet jumped to head it and missed it comepletely, 30 yards out, Vardy POTM half volley straight down the middle past Ter Stegen.

Yes, this is why drop back, spam throghballs works so well. When I am playing those sort of players they always score a sucker punch goal around the 70 minute mark

• kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    Sometimes I read these posts and think I’m playing a completely different game from you guys :|